Anonymous
Years ago

Team jerseys

Hey guys now we've had a chance to see all the teams what's the thoughts on best /worst uniforms?

I don't mind this crocs one they're wearing today

Topic #38154 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Like the Crocs away grey, the NZ away is legit 6ers home and really liked the Cats red. Been too many plane mundane whites unis last few years.

Reply #553910 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Kings need to know that white numbers on yellow tops do not work, also Wildcats, same thing with black numbers on red... Crocks, please do something with that green and Breakers please find something other than another shade of blue!

Reply #554002 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Breakers away jersey is terrible IMO. Looks like an AFL jersey.

Reply #554010 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What's wrong with it?

Reply #554016 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

My issue is with the numbers. Hawks, Breakers and Crocs have been very hard to make out numbers on TV.

Reply #554029 | Report this post

Jrue  
Years ago

Never liked the new Wildcats jerseys.. so cheap. Needs white outline around the numbers at least, and bring back the black strip on the side plus cats logo.

Reply #554175 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This isn't hard is it?

Get one person to put the proposed top on and run around with a ball on court while another person goes up in the stands and takes a video...

Then look at it!

Oh, before you go and spend the cash to make 20+ uniforms........

:)

Reply #554209 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I will even volunteer as a fan and do it for a couple of Gatorades...

Reply #554211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to mention the fact they go and produce a lot more for merchandise jerseys for fans

Reply #554214 | Report this post

Singlet  
Years ago

Havent seen them all, Sixers have a camo style for Friday night it is awful
Crocs grey ok but not against black
Hawks take the Gong (pardon my pun) for best one

Reply #554217 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anonymous^ you are spot on, even a devout NBL fan would be hard pressed to shell out over $100.00 for some of the horrid looking outfits I observed in week 1.

I can only hope someone out there can find some fashion sense and combine it with common sense!

Reply #554218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The jerseys suck, no improvement to last year.

Hopefully with the LK revamp they focus on the apparel next season. I know LK is about running the league as a whole but the clubs are going through the motions so there needs to be direct intervention.

Reply #554259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just on this, whos bright idea was it to have black and dark grey uniforms for the crocs and breakers game..

Reply #554445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I saw week 1 there were not too many bright ideas on the uniforms at all.

Reply #554457 | Report this post

36ersNayshun  
Years ago

Varying degrees of success. Sydney look good. Don't mind the roadmap on the back of the 36ers strip.

Not sure I like the Crocs in Away Grey and the new Wildcats strip looks like they picked a community ball singlet off the rack in a sports shop. No imagination, no features, no real logo.

36ers away i'm undecided, I don't think i like the white/grey fatigues thing. But at least it's different.

Reply #554547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers home court looked a bit too plain to be honest

Reply #554555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sydney yellow strip would have looked great with two changes:

1. A purple strip down the side and purple piping on the collar and arms.

2. Purple numbers with a white outline, NOT WHITE NUMBERS!

May as well have been blind Freddy, trying to read those dog gone numbers.

Reply #554571 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats jereys isn't good at all. The one for the 2014/2015 season was the best, and they should of stuck to it, but you can understand the reason to change as it sells more.

Reply #554681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you really sell more that way though? Are people who already have a jersey going to change to a shittier looking one just because it is different?
I don't like it. The idea is ok but the execution is sloppy and lazy. I would have liked a Jawai jersey but they are ugly so I am just going to rock my Beal from last season.

Reply #554684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really surprised at how the jerseys have regressed.

Maybe the slide in quality is good timing so LK will take up the reigns as the clubs are being amateurish. How about a league wide Nike or adidas deal that would be killer.

Need to think outside the square as well. Like scrap boring plain jerseys. Come up with some crazy designs that are unique and never seen before. Cairns should shamelessly copy the Tropics jerseys :P as they will be the only North QLD team next season.

Reply #554709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's get Tropical!!!!!!!!!!

And let's wrestle a bear in a cage, dress the players up in retro costumes at half time and introduce the players with comical pseudo racist remarks, yes that will work for sure.

Reply #554724 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

I even think the jerseys from the 90's were even better than these..

Reply #554786 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sports clothing

Mainstream Australian fashion in the 1990s was heavily influenced by sports clothing, a trend that carried over from the fitness craze of the 1980s. Comfortable, stretchy clothing, like fleecy tracksuits, became common everyday attire. Clothing from brand-name sportswear companies like Nike and Adidas was considered highly fashionable.

The 1990s sportswear craze was also fuelled by the influence of American rap and hip-hop artists. Young Australian men flocked to wear back-to-front baseball caps and basketball jerseys like their favourite hip-hop stars. Extra-baggy trousers, worn low on the waist to reveal brand-name boxer shorts, were another hip-hop inspired trend.

Chicago Bulls basketball player Michael Jordan also helped popularise sporting attire in the 1990s by putting his name to products like Nike Air Jordan basketball shoes.

Reply #554796 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure that I really want to go back to this^ Mike...

Reply #554797 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #554800 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Just meant the logo designs and layout of the jersey designs.. the ones these days look so plain and generic.. no flavor.

The Wildcats did a good job with the 2013 - early 2015 look, but these new ones are just amateur..

Reply #554801 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree Mike, but you gotta admit those images are funny^^

reminds me of the song by that guy on that show 'Pants on the ground'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoAMWnnz98w

Reply #554802 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Lol, no, you're right, I think we already took a few steps back with the release of Straight Outta Compton, as good as a movie that was.

Strictly talking about Jersey designs here. lol

Reply #554807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike definitely 80s 90s NBL jerseys were better than today's.

Reply #554885 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Love heritage round..

Reply #554888 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

These were posted awhile back in 2012, wouldn't mind seeing this style in action actually. They need to get this guy to design em all.

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/09/06/adelaide-36ers/

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/12/07/perth-wildcats/

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/08/24/sydney-kings/

Perth one is neat, possibly just needs the cats head logo somewhere on it.

Reply #555121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754