Wildcats views
Years ago

Melbourne United struggle defending post

Melbourne United are an awesome side but I've noticed a big weakness for them, defending in the post. They don't have a big man strong enough to deal with the good interior centers. Majok, Kickert and Warrick have all tried and failed. Conklin and Ogilvy dominated against them, imagine what Jawai is going to do?

Topic #38173 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

rape

Reply #554475 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

the wildcats will also struggle to guard all the shooting Melbourne has as well. When they match up it will a real contrast in styles

Reply #554477 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I wish Jawai all the luck with the Wildcats, from his horrific injury to this is a good sign.

But I think Reviews is pumping him up a bit too much and too early.Yes he outmuscled who's first impulse on D is to grab him around the waist.

As the season progresses, teams will formulate Nate Rules, yes it will take a team's D to contain him but he won't get all his way the whole season.

Against NZ, he will have Pledger who is one of a few who can defend him without a double. Same goes with Ogilvy and Kazzouh. Matt Burston is no slouch either.

Reply #554480 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Nate's main strength is his ability to both draw the double-team, and to find the open guy following the double team. He isn't a great finisher really, mainly because he has a negative vertical at this stage of his recovery.

Reply #554504 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Marcus Camby, I think your forgetting Adelaide big man dominated the Breakers in the first game, and Perth dominated the 36ers. Your right its going to take team D to stop him, which will leave perth shooters wide open at the 3. Perth will need to knock those shots down. The jury's still out on whether they can do that consistently

Reply #554512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team has its strengths and weaknesses and some teams will match up better with some than others...it will all come down to who can counter the others strengths better.

Example: Melbournes strength is perimeter scoring, Adelaides strength is pushing the tempo. Melbournes weakness is post D, Adelaides is perimter D.

Whoever can lift their weakness and/or exploit the other teams will win.

For mine, if Adelaide can put in a decent effort on guarding the perimeter they have a chance - that's where the game will be won and lost, sadly Adelaide aren't very good at it.

Reply #554532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't see ogilvy score much on warrick. Seemed to get most on majok

Reply #554565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha at the topic wishful thinking by a Wildcats supporter. Melb Utd are looking sheeeet hot

Reply #554718 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

They def looking hot no doubt about that. Like I said only 1 weakness, but its there. Perth should be able to exploit it with Jawai, that doesn't mean they're favourites to beat United though. Wildcats still have to knock down the open threes, and somehow stop them at the other end. They play each other in a couple of weeks, so we'll find out then.
Cant wait!

Reply #554771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754