Roger
Years ago

Josh Childress out 2-4 weeks

Word from the Kings camp Childers is a week by week process but the real truth he's out for at least 2 more weeks and possibly up to 8 due to a serious foot injury.

Media manager has been told by Kings management to
relay to the public his injury will be access at the end of this week to avoid scaring the fans away.

This is a real concern for Cotter who's contract is up at the end of this season and his chances of renewing his contract rest on a healthy Childress to lead the Kings to the playoffs.

Interesting times ahead for the Kings camp.

Topic #38174 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Media manager has been told by Kings management to
relay to the public his injury will be access at the end of this week to avoid scaring the fans away."

Matt McQuade?

Reply #554476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They looked like a pretty decent team without him on the weekend.

Reply #554494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need Childress fit. Like so many of these imports coming in now they appear already to be injured before they get to play a regular season. Kings won't sustain that level of play without Childress and Cairns aren't that good.

Reply #554497 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Let him get healthy and hope we win enough in the meantime. If Khazzouh plays like he did on Sat night then we should be able in OK shape when he returns.

Reply #554505 | Report this post

Centipede  
Years ago

Could childress be sacked if he is out that long??

Reply #554506 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not a chance in hell.

Reply #554507 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Any injury replacements?

Reply #554521 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ebi Ere should be available pretty soon :p

Reply #554526 | Report this post

If he gets SACKED the Cats should look at signing HIM to replace Prather.

No WAIT, he's a 3. We don't need our IMPORT to play that spot

Reply #554527 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^Why did you capitalise RANDOM words?

Reply #554541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I THINK its because he's TRYING to act like a spaz

Reply #554545 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

A different guy is the media manager of the Kings now...

This is definitely concerning, as we have some big games coming up... I think our guys played absolutely awesome against Cairns but we can't count on that every game... I'm all for going game to game, but it needs to be figured out if it IS going to be 8 weeks or not...

What's the deal with injury waivers and replacing an import with another import temporarily? If it IS going to be 8 weeks (12 games), is it worth bringing in someone else?

I agree that letting him go would be absolutely mental... The benefits that he brings to the team and the league are huge, but that doesn't mean that we can't temporarily replace him with one of his buddies...

Reply #554554 | Report this post

I was doing my best Dazz impersonation.

Reply #554562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McQuade is no longer the Kings media manager. He was replaced by some young kid who apparently has know idea about media for a sporting organisation and is being paid peanuts.

Once again it shows the Kings ownership taking the cheap route in an area that should have a person in charge of media with knowledge of the Kings and can also play their part in promoting the NBL.

With that said.. NO healthy childress, NO Finals for the kings.

Reply #554586 | Report this post

Singlet  
Years ago

My Dream Team ????

Reply #554603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By a kid that is being paid peanuts? They do that every year. And then one gets promoted to NBL ops manager

Reply #554604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Media manager has been told by Kings management to
relay to the public his injury will be access at the end of this week to avoid scaring the fans away."

SHHHH mum's the word

Reply #554715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754