Anonymous
Years ago

NBL live streaming $60 for full season

Welcome to NBL Live

You can sign up here to see all games from the 2015/16 season live on your mobile device.
Hit register to make sure that you don't miss out on any of the action from the 2015/16 NBL season!
Full Season Subscription is only $60 (50c per game!) and will allow you access to:

All games from the 2015/16 NBL season live on your mobile device

Full replays of all games on mobile

​Monthly Subscription is just $15!

Topic #38190 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice. The quality is a million times better than nbl.tv too.

Reply #554863 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

nbl.com.au/live

Nice work by the league. Great price point and, if the quality is like the first game I watched, great product.

Reply #554865 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Wish I knew about this before I signed up for fox... this is generally the type of luck I have though so cant be too surprised... haha

Reply #554870 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I guess with fox doing all the production stuff, they really can focus on the streaming side of it and get that right. All they are really doing is relaying the fox broadcast through the internet. Well done!

Reply #554871 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That's a fair price. I'll pay that- it's well worth it. I'm sure that several times in the next few months I'll be out and about somewhere and find a corner of a room to watch the last 5 minutes of a close match!

I notice that the T'Ville NZ replay is still on the app.

So I assume the "Watch Live" function will just ask for email and password if we go in tonight.

Reply #554884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there a way to watch the games in round 2 without fox or paying for nbl live? i'll get it before next round. too many bills right now

Reply #554889 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Playing chicken with Foxtel looks to have paid off!

Now I must play chicken with the Perth Wildcats, who in year's gone by have given free NBL.TV subscriptions to Captains Club members.

Reply #554890 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Nice work. Only just realized that you cant watch replays on demand too.

Reply #554893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe that's the problem NBL has. Their fans are tightarses so the league struggles for revenue.

Reply #554894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone wants something for nothing. That is part of the problem for sure.

Reply #554895 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

"The Nbl needs to do more, they need more money"
Same person in the same breath
"What???? You mean I have to pay?"
People are a bit oblivious

Reply #554916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the replays going to stay up on the app for the whole season or just a week or 2 ??

Reply #554923 | Report this post

linds  
Years ago

Wonder when the subscription requirement is going to kick in?- round 2 still seems to be free at the moment...

Reply #554951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? You're only watching it while it is free? What's the problem?

Reply #554954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

linds $15 is too much dough. really?

Reply #554956 | Report this post

linds  
Years ago

no not at all, it's good value. I'm going to sign up for the season anyway. Just curious when it's going to kick in

Reply #554962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't mirror from IOS to AirPlay, anyone else?

Reply #554963 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'd happily pay 50 cents a game for the games I want to watch, but that's not what's on offer.

Being perfectly honest, I was desperate to watch the first game of our season, but for me (with my eyesight) it was torturous. Like watching an ant-farm.

I tried a couple of the solutions to get in on my computer, neither worked.

The first time I bought (what was then) a BIG TV was so I could watch basketball.
I really can't comprehend how watching it on my phone is supposed to be a substitute?

Reply #554964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For full screen call 131 999. You're welcome.

Reply #554965 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

When did the anons get so annoying?

Reply #554966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz mobile isn't a substitute for watching on big screen, Foxtel is.

50c/game wtf what year are you in?

Reply #554967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though $60 equates to 50c/game there is no way a business is going to offer you a la carte for such a measly sum per game. Really dreaming with that one.

Reply #554970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris we are like the Borg. We will assimilate you.

Reply #554972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great price thank you nbl

Foxtel for big screen hd, but please can i watch mobile quality on my pc?

Reply #554990 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I just want to watch highlights but I still need to subscribe to that??

I don't mind subscribing (and will if I have no choice) but I'm only really interested in highlights. I don't see why this couldn't remain free?

Reply #555008 | Report this post

Videola  
Years ago

Does anyone know what the actual stream quality is? Is it possible to get fullHD out of it?

Reply #555012 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've found watching on my 6 Plus to be a decent option. Very quick to return to play if you switch out to tweet and come back.

The app required an upgrade to continue working, and the upgraded added the Live subscription feature. Only confusing bit was signing up on at nbl.com.au/live, paying, and then having to create a different login in the app for some reason.

Reply #555013 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Signed up. Paid $60.

Go to watch highlights.

It says "sign in to nbl live pass".

So I do. It then prompts me to enter my email to "create account". When I do, it tells me there's "already an existing account with that email adddress". No shit Sherlock.

I've done this on both iPad and phone. Same issue. Sounds like a bug in the app.

Guessing I'm not the only one with this issue?

And yes- password is correct. Incorrect one it says "invalid credentials". So that's not the issue.

Reply #555032 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Oops. Ignore the Above. The bug was in my phone. Got the highlights working now.

Reply #555033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget if you have an Apple TV its 100% free on the fox sports app. Just simply go to the live function.

Get onto it!!!!!!

Reply #555041 | Report this post

Debre  
Years ago

Not gona lie having to pay to watch highlights is pretty poor form. I'm loving the new look league and the fact that the first round was available for free is amazing, if the league wants to continue to attract new fans I think highlights should be free no? Even chucking in one or two ads before hand is fine with me. Looks like I'm not going to update the Nbl live app on my android phone just yet....

Reply #555042 | Report this post

Slammin'08  
Years ago

Has anyone found a reliable casting method yet? For the sixers v cats game on Saturday night I struggled through casting my screen from my Galaxy S6 that would stop every couple of minutes or just cast the audio and no video. Chromecast is not natively supported. Reminded me of nbl.tv from previous years! Then connected my iPad via HDMI to the telly which worked but only gave me the small screen in the middle as the iPad output res isn't very good (probably because i have an iPad 2). I am going to try out bluestacks to play via my media PC connected to my home theatre on a game tonight before the sixers game this weekend. Hopefully this works. It would be nice if Chromecast was supported in app but I assume that crosses into Foxtel territory of the "big screen" so it won't happen.

Reply #555054 | Report this post

"if the league wants to continue to attract new fans"

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of seeing this type of line trotted out so much, particularly when its used in conjunction with someone having a whinge that the league or their club isn't adhering to their demands which are unique to their circumstance.

"I can't afford tickets therefore no one can unless they make them more affordable to me. My club is doomed!!!"

"I don't have time to watch a full game so only want highlights but this new streaming package which was only released yesterday hasn't yet catered to my specific wants and needs! This league is a joke!!"

The league is far from perfect but these complaints based on a sample size of one is not their priority right now.

Reply #555059 | Report this post

Slammin'08  
Years ago

Chalmers, have a Like/Upvote/whatever else they call it. Yes the NBL could do some things better, but I don't think things are as bad as people on this forum make it sound.

Reply #555061 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Highlights should be at least offered for free. It's a basic feature. The A-league has plenty of online video content available for free. On the Fox website, there's a 25 minute wrap up highlights show - available free.

the NBL could at least offer 3-4 minute game highlights complimentary in keeping with its amazing revival so far. I'm with Debre on this one. Highlights shouldn't be forced upon in the $60 package.

Im not being cheap either. I pay plenty to watch the wildcats live and will still pay for the steaming service to watch full games when I feel like it. It won't be every game though. Watching highlights is a nice way to keep in touch with the rest of the league without taking up too much time.

Reply #555062 | Report this post

Thats fine, they could do that and they may get around to it in due course. As the streaming service was only released yesterday then I'll give them time, not rant about how this oversight is going to destroy the league just because it doesn't suit my personal circumstances.

Reply #555064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would definitely appreciate a link the fox NBL wrap up show that was mentioned earlier. Can't find it on their website. Anyone?

The new streaming package is very well priced and was much needed, it's awesome.

Question though, how was the quality for everyone on their phones/ipad? I watched through an iPad, and it was ok quality, but certainly not good. I have subscribed to the fox sports news channel though for 5$ and that is perfect quality.

Reply #555068 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, quality on my phone was great other than one passage which was my wifi's fault. Easier to read text and identify players than on a larger screen with NBL.TV.

Ideally the NBL will have highlights videos prominently on their site and social media. I imagine they'll get around to that once the app settles in.

Pity the site is now a very prominent weak point after so many other things have been upgraded.

Reply #555070 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

"Would definitely appreciate a link the fox NBL wrap up show that was mentioned earlier. Can't find it on their website. Anyone?"

Not sure if you were referring to my comment or someone else, but I was talking about the A-League wrap up highlights show as a comparison. The NBL doesn't have one.

Reply #555071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh ok, my mistake. Thanks!

Reply #555076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV..how did you solve the issue? You are not the only one.

Reply #555078 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Same here - but received no confirmation/landing page that my card was charged so not sure my registration went through?

Reply #555088 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I am having the same problem as LV mentioned.

Reply #555094 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

App updated today.

"What's New:
- NBL Live Subscription Integration
- Performance upgrades and bug fixes"

Reply #555096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm kind of bemused at fans who say they pay enough to watch their team with a season membership. That only covers half your team's games, they play the other half of the season on the road you know.

If you want to watch them on the cheap buy the stream which is meant for small screens. Not your TV, otherwise which broacaster in their right mind would sign a deal with the league. Big screen it's Foxtel. Keep trying to find a workaround even if you dothe stream won't be output at a high enough quality to look anywhere decent on a medium to large output.

Reply #555271 | Report this post

downthecorridor  
Years ago

Ive paid my 60 bucks.

When signing in i get

Chosen nickname is already used or something

Anyone else get this and had it resolved?

Reply #555370 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When I did it, it was almost as though I was creating a second account within the app. I used an email address and didn't get a username conflict warning.

Reply #555403 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the NBL:

While most fans have been able to watch all games without issue, we are aware of some users having difficulty logging into their accounts.

We have since been on the frontfoot with an update issued for the Android Application which has resulted in users able to access Live Streaming content. This update is now available through the Google Play Store.

Should issues persist with any user unable to login to their account we would ask that the below steps are followed:

http://www.nbl.com.au/nbl-live-pass-login/

Additionally, other queries regarding functionality of the Application and service are addressed in the below FAQ's.

http://www.nbl.com.au/nbl-live-faqs/

If login is still not possible for users, we would ask that they please email [email protected] where further assistance will be provided.

Reply #556739 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Here's the thing, I'm not interested in watching Basketball on my phone, period.
If it were dirt cheap I might keep it, but it really doesn't interest me.

And I accept, that's just a function of who I am, and my eyesight. I'll use a phone for calls, texts, etc, and a few apps like banking, but its not my central tool. Even reading eBooks I prefer to use my computer so I can blow the pages up.

Foxtel, to be honest is a good setup with every game live, and if I could afford that and thought we'd get use out of foxtel, I'd probably go for it. But for the moment its way too expensive.

If they bring out a computer option, I will certainly look at it. I'd certainly happily pay $60, but the phone just doesn't cut it.

Reply #556854 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Unfortunately you have to accept it for what it is. Its not for everyone that's for sure.

All I really care about is to access highlights of the games. Some have mentioned that by charging to watch highlights that it may have been an oversight and would be rectified. I doubt that was an oversight.

Pretty poor form to make people pay for the full service even if you only want to access a small part of it.

After round 1, I haven't been overly impressed with the league as a whole since then, with the online efforts.

Reply #556864 | Report this post

cj  
Years ago

Can anyone log in yet, im on a galaxy tab and cant log in to app

Reply #557689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cj - I had 8 days of back and forth emails so rang NBL office on contact number on their website as it kelt coming up with invalid credentials. They lut me on to some guy who said it was their end after looking at it from their end while on the phone. It was something to do with my email being used to register for another app/membership related to their system so I gave them an alternate email address and they sent me back a new password. I had problems again logging in but then after deleting the NBL App and reloading it, I re entered the new logins they had sent me and worked perfectly. So I would ring. Also check you have updated the App as they are constantly making changes as these issues are arising. They kindly offered a free subscription as I had missed so many games but I had already had the payment processed so waiting to hear back about that. I was really frustrated but happy hey showed good faith and fixed it so I can get on and watch the games.

Hope this helps cj.....

Reply #557695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finding ongoing highlights are available via nbl twitter so scroll through there for now until they get enough complaints to put it mainstream web. Also team facebook has a few loaded as well.

Reply #557697 | Report this post

cj  
Years ago

Thanks for your help, i'll see how I go

Reply #557718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754