Dazz
Years ago

Anyone used "Andy" to watch NBL live?

As mentioned elsewhere, I tried a coupled of the published solutions to get NBL live on my PC, and they didn't work. All seemed rather complicated.

Which makes me wonder why nobody has suggested Andy?

I have just installed it, and it seems all too simple? It seems to emulate an Android no problem, and I have installed NBL Live, again no problem.
(But without a subscription yet, I can't even trial the videos.)

If it works, this simply, it will be well worth the $60...

Topic #38192 | Report this topic

Videola  
Years ago

Keep us posted, sounds like a good option if it works!

Reply #555021 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

What the hell is Andy

Reply #555024 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain that directly.
It's an Android emulator. Allows you to emulate an Android tablet on your pc, and then install and run all the Android apps.

I've installed NBL live, it seems to "work" I have just haven't tested it watching a live video yet.

Reply #555028 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I used a chromecast to stream from my Android phone to my TV. Worked a treat

Reply #555035 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

My biggest concern at the moment seems to be getting the NBL Live app to reliably stay in Landscape mode.

Reply #555036 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Dazz- is this for android smart phones or just android tablets?

Reply #555055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV Andy said "It's an Android emulator. Allows you to emulate an Android tablet on your PC, and then install and run all the Android apps.

Reply #555058 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

http://www.andyroid.net/

Reply #555063 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

OK, turns out there is 7 inch screen size restriction on NBL Live
What a joke.

I guess that's why others have to use a recasting app, presumably that gets around the restriction.

Reply #555114 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I tried installing Andy but get a msg saying it can't find the virtualbox.exe folder.

I haven't tried too hard to get round this as I bought an "MHL Cable Micro USB to HDMI TV Adapter" for my Android phone from Gadgets4Geeks and it works brilliantly - full screen, very good quality.

Reply #555126 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754