Two years ago
The New NBL: What's Actually New?
Okay, there are sponsors signed up on a bunch of promises, and there are billboards around the place, but other than that...is it just me, or is the actual product exactly the same?
- No shot clock in half the games
- The on-screen clock being run manually, and thus not syncing with the stadium clock
- Commentators mangling name pronunciations
- No use of highlights from games other than the one being shown
- Stats not updating until days after the game
- No highlights or photos available on the website
- Honestly, actually not much of anything available on the website in practice, even if it's there in theory, particularly on mobile
- An app that doesn't work
- A subscription service that occasionally shows a completely different event to the one that's supposed to be on
- A TV commercial that's never actually on TV
- Score graphics randomly disappearing due to technical issues
- The league's Twitter account being entirely non-responsive
It's like everyone got to Day 100, then decided they'd earned a break. And the actual product is the exact same lazy mess it's always been.
And if that's going to remain the case, the fans won't come, the sponsors won't get the expected return, and the league will be in serious trouble.