chooseanothername
Years ago

No Nathan Durant for Prelim Finals?

How come Nathan Durant didn't get a prelim final?

I think Nathan Durant was harsh done by.

His refereeing over the past month or two has been exceptional.

Firstly in Perth and then over the last few weeks in CABL Semi Finals.

His game last week showed why he will be a great referee in the future.

Topic #3825 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully they're saving him for the grand final! He is doing well lately.

Reply #44500 | Report this post

big fella  
Years ago

He might sue them otherwise :-)

Reply #44505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan - stop posting on this site to give yourself an ego trip.

You are officiating well lately and good luck to you.

But you are not nearly close to as experienced as Phil Haines, Andrew Filmer, Benn McDonald, Nathan Wieland, Wayne Maidment.

Andrew has been away to National Finals several times and is an NBL ref of 2 seasons long. Phil has had an ABA National Final and been an official with NBL for a few years and has his FIBA badge. Benn has been to the ABA Nationals twice and little does everyone know that he missed out on the ABA National GF last year by a wisker and backed it up with a similar achievement at the U20 Nationals. He has also refereed 3 years of WNBL. Nathan Wieland has been to ABA National Finals once and been ranked highly at Junior Nationals and has refereed WNBL for 1 or 2 years - Wayne well we all know Wayne's career record.

Fine experience for Prelim Finals I think

Oh and Nathan - keep up the good work. You will get their with more experience and less arrogance that your **** don't stink!

Reply #44514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd put John Clover in before I put Nathan Durant in

Reply #44533 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

(Mod: No more ref bashing. It's getting really boring.)

Reply #44549 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posting and impersonating someone else will not be tolerated on this forum. If you are found to do this, you will be blocked.

Reply #44680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that the 4 best officials were picked for the best games this coming weekend.

Last time I checked Nathan has never done NBL or WNBL unlike the people picked.

His claim to fame is Junior National finals only.

John C was unlucky but is a quality referee. It shows the quality we have at the top end of the officiating system.

Reply #44769 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

I would just like to add that over the years Phil Haines, Andrew Filmer, Benn McDonald, Nathan Wieland and Wayne Maidment have all been actively involved in one way or another in the development of junior officials. The quality referees that anonymous states are, in their own time, helping junior referees build up skills and I think that that is something also worth mentioning.

Reply #44815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why the f*** dus it matta who is reffin it doesn't affect the game that much.

Reply #45096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754