Max Power
Years ago

Cut Ere for Gladness

As title suggests. We sorely need rim protection as Childress and Khazzouh are killing us inside. Unfortunately Hodgson has been missing since game 1, Johnson is not a good interior defender leaving poor Petrie to do everything defensively.

Ere has been extremely inefficient, he's basically an overweight chucker. Bring in Gladness, offers everything we need to be a serious title contender.

Topic #38282 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ere starts to kill it as soon as you post this lol

Reply #557479 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Max the timing is crazy on that one haha But I agree a rim protector is more what this team needs over the course of the season than what he is offering.

Reply #557486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow max....
premature post me thinks

Reply #557490 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Ere is needed on this team for his leadership and veteran stability.

Reply #557523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus you flog

Absolute shit you talk

He is a fat hack that is past it

Petrie and Gibson can provide the leadership and veteran stability

Reply #557528 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Id definitely disagree with that assessment Marcus Camby.

Reply #557529 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Whilst the idea seems ok , Ere has the experience in clutch situations as we saw tonight. With Randle and Ere making the hard shots means Gibbo doesn't need to which isnt his go as we saw a few years ago. Loving the cohesion this team seems to have. Exciting times and all it took was making 1 import change at the right time. Love , love , love it !

Reply #557531 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Why do people even acknowledge Marcus Camby's posts these days? He doesn't even try to hide that he's a troll. And has been doing it for years.

Reply #557532 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

Marcus Camby, can Gibbo not offer those qualities? Rim protection is a much greater need for this team over an inconsistent scorer. With Randle we have a lead scorer with Gibson and Johnson we are fine offensively.

It's just my opinion on what the greater need is, I must admit I have been disappointed in Ere so far this season. I just threw it out there to see if others on the forum felt the same as I do.

Great win by the team, Walker really stepped up and played great. Gibson had a terrific 2 games and Randle is a very pleasant surprise.

Reply #557533 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I know Hendo its just soooooo damn tempting sometimes hahaha

Reply #557536 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

If you could trade in the NBL i would trade Ebi for a piece of air cause thats all he is worth. NOTHING. He sucks Joey i respect you may be doing him a favour but lets get real get with the times!

Reply #557541 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Benno, considering air contains oxygen which helps us breathe and keeps us alive, i'd say a piece of air is worth a great deal ;)

Reply #557543 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

So ebi hits a shot or two and now hes a keeper? He has sucked every other second he's been on the court. I still think he needs to go asap, and gladness wouldn't be a bad option

Reply #557545 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I'm not sold either way.

Concerned that he looks slow coming off screens or breaking down defenders off the dribble.

But I would happily take 3 of 8 from three from him every game, especially given he has had a knack his entire career, which he has apparently not lost, off hitting them at game changing moments. Seems to me he will be solid as a spot up shooter receiving off Randle drives/dishes. His D has also been ok, and his size means he doesn't get abused on the block.

Jury is out for mine, but he needs to show more.

Reply #557554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I actually think they're better off with a shooter than rim protection. The Johnson, Petrie, Walker, Creek, Gibson group seemed pretty mobile on D tonight when they just needed to lock down the game and wait out the clock.

Reply #557556 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@MACDUB Very funny. But lets get real he sucks. Yeah he can hit a 3 every 30 shots but his D is terrible.. Send him on his way already!!

Reply #557558 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

His D has been shite, gets blown by every single time! And he cant jump, nor is he quick to get back on defense when a break away occurs. He shoots, hit or miss, thats all he does. I dont think he adds anything great to this team they couldn't get from another guy who can add in various stat areas.

Reply #557559 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Jury is out for mine as to whether Gibbo can consistently bring veteran leadership. His last 2 games have been very good, but we've seen that before.
Ebi hasn't given enough for long enough in games. His first half tonight was an absolute stinker - he's luck other guys stepped up.
You'd like to think they're exploring their options at the very least.

Reply #557565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I couldn't agree with Isaac more. Another big would throw out team balance completely. If anything a 3 and D player would be more of the go I would have thought. Or just another scorer/wing.

Reply #557567 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Ere might not be the guy needed but he fits the system better than gladness. If u made that change then the balance of team is altered.
Dj is unique that he plays more like a guard and his weakness is guarding the opposing big.
Ere and rest of team will get better looks with new pg getting a lot of attention

Reply #557569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember he is still coming back from the torn calf in preseason.
But in saying that I never liked the selection, thought there was better out there.
Ere was really copping it from joey Thursday night as wasn't running the break, was in the wrong spots for set plays etc.

Reply #557577 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Yes Gibbo can provide stability but why have one when you can have two leaders?

Reply #557594 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Perimeter scoring and rim protection were our two biggest needs. We went to solve the perimeter scoring with Ebi and he isn't doing the job. Spark off the bench with 15-20 minutes a night, that's what he should do. If we want him to play big minutes we have to go elsewhere and find another import. This team is better than the 13/14 season team and they made it to the Finals. Adelaide can do some damage.

Reply #557599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If anything a 3 and D player would be more of the go I would have thought. Or just another scorer/wing.
I reckon a pure shooter would be fine. Don't need another SF/PF type as there is already duplication with Creek and Walker, even Petrie.

I think SG (Rillie-style) would be the biggest help.

Hodgson can potentially be the rim protection.

Reply #557610 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Yep another shooter from range would be good. Really spread the D and allow more inside outside options.

Reply #557637 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Ere is the next logical import cut in the NBL.

It sucks that his great stints in our league had to be followed by this. The guy is out of shape, out of form, and just a shadow of his former self.

In 2007/8 he would have been the perfect selection. Right now he just looks out of his depth.

Joey should make the call. Despite the few 'big' baskets he did make, he is generally performing at a level that might get even an Australian cut.

Reply #557644 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ere was pretty good last night, gee there's a lot of haters on here.

Reply #557693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle has been the answer to Ebi's prayers. Attracts the defence allowing him to kick back to Ebi for the 3 without him having to create his own shot. That's all he's offering though and is still missing some of the open ones he should be hitting.

Reply #557699 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He wasnt prettt good last night, sorry but 1-9 start is not pretty good. And that is literally all he offers a team. He may not get cut but lets not sugar coat a pretty ordinary performance.

Reply #557725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to many sf can guard big pf/c on the switch kobe. Go watch the game again. His defence has been pretty good. His shot doesn't look ugly, it's just not going in at present. When he hit a three last night you could see the lads get excited because they no if he can getting it going look out. No reason to cut him.

Reply #557731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hits a couple of shots and people think he had a good game, he shot 27% - that stinks!

Reply #557749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Gladness even available?

Reply #557762 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I don't think everyone is automatically thinking Gladness as a replacement, but more so that something has to be done. Same situation as what Shane Heal said in relation to the Kings, a lot of talent being cut daily right now in the NBA!

Reply #557763 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sign jimmer ferdette

Reply #557764 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

They got randle no need for jimmer, Kings on the other hand..

Reply #557887 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Ere will be fine let him get his rhythm back he will have a 30 pg soon

Reply #557929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754