Dazz
Years ago

Illawarra Hawks v Perth - Sun 25th 3:00pm AEDT

12:00pm Perth time on GO!
Awesome to be able to watch this game on FTA.

In the post game write-up, there was no mention of Knight being injured, only Jawai, with the comment that "Hopeful all three (Martin, Prather, Jawai) will play on Sunday, but I have to wait for medical advice."
I think we can cover for Jawai, but getting Damo and Prather back becomes critical. Beal played a lot of minutes last night, if he has to back up and do the same again, we're going to struggle.

We can only hope the rumours are true and Gleeson erred on the side of caution with Damo and Prather last night. If they play, assuming Damo is actually ok after his long lay-off, then I think we can do it.
If not, or if Knight is actually injured, then the Hawks are good enough to win this.

Looking forward to seeing Lisch play again, not looking forward to him ripping us a new one from outside. Should be a great game. Hawks have some awesome offensive firepower, and Perth will have to be at their defensive best if they hope to stop them.

Topic #38296 | Report this topic

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Don't expect it to be close....That's asking for too much in this league.

Reply #557875 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Another 11 point blowout coming up, just like the last 2 Taipans games.

Reply #557876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra will be expected to win this easy, a full strength Hawks should in my opinion beat perth 9 times out of 10 this year but with perth possibly missing upto four starters well this could be a cricket score, Illawarra have far to many weapons offensively for an ageing perth roster. I think Perth got lucky with their 2 - 0 start. Besides bevo v Gleeson oh please no contest.

Reply #557879 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

@CJKRobinson
Wildcats injury update: Martin & Prather flew east but likely to miss Hawks game. Cats hopeful on Jawai (quad) & Knight (shoulder) #hardball

Reply #557880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey blowout troll you're failing so hard with pathetic troll attempts get some better material.

Reply #557881 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

@CJKRobinson
Wildcats injury update: Martin & Prather flew east but likely to miss Hawks game. Cats hopeful on Jawai (quad) & Knight (shoulder) #hardball

Might as well have stayed home.
If Knight's ok and Prather gets up (or Damo) I'd give the Cats a chance, otherwise no hope.

Reply #557884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously Knight injured again? Childress is the new Knight.

Reply #557889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Perths roster really that much older than Illawarras?

Reply #557893 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I was tipping Illawarra even before all the additional injuries to Perth but hey who knows.

If Jawai, Knight, Martin and Prather sit this one out we will most likely be looking at a starting lineup of Kenny, Beal, Hire, Redhage and Jervis with Wroe, Vague and Wagstaff coming off the bench(can't remember who the other development player was).

Thats a real tough ask considering Hawks will be close to full strength and in good form. Ogilvy should have a field day.

Reply #557896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra were already favs long before Perth had injuries.
Let's hope the Perth softies lose another one.

Reply #557900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe perth can give the assistant coach some court time la la Wollongong Hawks when they had a major injury crisis some four seasons ago, ironically against perth guess u could say this could be a get square for Hawks. As they say what goes around comes around.

Reply #557903 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Maybe perth can give the assistant coach some court time
Perth actually cam close many years back, when Mike Ellis was newly retired and working at the Team Manager. We had so many injuries that he actually got fitted out and suited up, but in the end somebody came good and he didn't play.

Where is Brad Robbins when we need him???

Reply #557908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on tv

Reply #557910 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Illawarra were already favs long before Perth had injuries.
Let's hope the Perth softies lose another one.
Yeah?
And when exactly was that dickcheese?
Martin was been injured for months. ROFL.

And if Perth lose, because they're without 3 or 4 of their starting 5, how exactly does that make them soft?

Come on, hating Perth is easy, at least put SOME effort into it, and come up with something pithy.

Reply #557912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They hate because you keep biting.

Reply #557914 | Report this post

#903 Perth weren't really responsible for that injury crisis game so not sure why "getting square" or "what goes around comes around" applies. I think the phrase you wanted as "wow, what a coincidence!"

Reply #557920 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Cats dying off very quickly, Hawks will win this and it'll be done by the half for mine...

Reply #557923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it interesting how every team has problems, injuries, issues with form and a tough schedule they all have to deal with causing so many ups and downs at the start of this NBL season!

Oh, wait, Melbourne don't................

#whofixedthedraw

Reply #557937 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Rumour mill: Bevo on a one year contract as he will move back west wi the a naturalised Lisch next season.

Reply #557942 | Report this post

captain obvious  
Years ago

epic if true rmq

Reply #557945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is de lisch suiting up today? Would be fun watching he and dolla go head to head

Reply #557946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rmq don't tease me like that. That would be A dream come true. But don't bevo and Marvin have beef? Also i thought bevo was a guy with more of a long term outlook. A program builder. Not the guy who hops around from team to team

Reply #557947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol think u will find the more likely scenario is Martin and knight joining bevo at illawarra next year.

Reply #557949 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I believe cats management would welcome Bevo back if it was the right fit.

The right fit being that he brings Lisch with him.

As a fan. I'd like to see Bevo back only if Lisch is naturalised as well.

The Bevo era wildcats teams were successful, but boring with no athletic players,

Expect a big shake up if the cats miss the playoffs this season.

Also add a new Brisbane team in the mix diluting the talent pool.

Changes could be a foot.

Reply #557950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for Lisch he spoke on the local news and hinted he maybe keen in buying a house in the illawarra.

Reply #557952 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Did I read that Lisch's wife and her family are from Sydney?

Reply #557954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think when we look back over this era in the history books the wildcats sacking of bevo for Gleeson will look very very bad. Cats to have their playoff streak broken and bevo to keep attracting the players and winning titles.

Rmq you call bevo style unathletic week that was more a function of the recruiting and dollars available at the time these days clubs are spending bigger

Reply #557961 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Lish's wife is from he gong he its going anywhere.

Reply #557963 | Report this post

Hardwood Hero  
Years ago

RMQ, I thought the same thing. Why would Bevo & Lisch only sign 1yr deals, They're coming home...

Reply #557965 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Bevy's family is still living in and based in Perth. If an offer is thrown his way by Perth I think its a no brainer as to where he will go.

Reply #557975 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Sorry I mean Bevo

Reply #557976 | Report this post

Bevo would know that Spenceley treats the Hawks as a play thing and his interest will die off pretty quickly. He won't want to put himself or his guys through another meltdown like they went through at West Sydney.

Reply #557981 | Report this post

Natural is better  
Years ago

Back to the topic of the game, is there any final information on injuries and who will play?

From the NBL site it says Lisch is a starter and Rhys Martin is subject to a fitness test.

How about on the Wildcats side?

Reply #557982 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Just want to clarify. I'm neither for or against Bevo moving.

I'm just relaying rumours. And that's all it is.

Yes Bevo was constrained by money, club recruiting etc. I'd like to see what he does with a blank canvas (for example a team that misses the playoffs for the first time in 30 years).

Reply #557983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol. Wishful thinking that Bevo has any interest in coaching the Wildcats again. Hates Marvin with a passion. Just love these suddenly desperate Perth dans clutching at straws.

Reply #557985 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha tend to agree, someone says something and everyone just jumped on it! everyone for the Hawks signed 1 year deals this season as far as I remember. To do with restructuring there contracts to survive. Anyways this will hopefully be a better game than I think, but if even half the guys the Cats say are injured are out, it'll be ugly Hawks are clicking, sharing the ball and enjoying the style buying into Bevo's system.

Reply #557986 | Report this post

Kaiju  
Years ago

Lol "desperate Perth fans"? I think more respect for Bevo as a quality coach than anything else. Sounds like Anon has some sour grapes...

Reply #557988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo won't be back he was sacked despite winning due to style. Big slap in the face from Marvin the tool. Also all Hawks are on single year deals. Horrible rumour lol

Reply #557990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sour or not I think he is right that the bridges between Marvin & Bevo are burned to the ground so forget about that ever happening. Those are two proud and stubborn men.

Reply #557991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bevo won't be back he was sacked despite winning due to style"

If that is true then I don't expect Gleeson to survive October. His style is far worse then Bevo. Look what Bevo is doing now that he has the right players. Very entertaining basketball. Also how is any coach supposed to play entertaining basketball if the CEO keeps hanging him Martin, Hire, Redhage, Knight, Wagstaff, etc. That's like saying your going to dominate the paint this season and then going out and recruiting Ben Allen and Luke Schenscher.

Reply #557995 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Apparently the big tip is Bevo will coach Boomers after Rio, meaning he cant coach in NBL. I suggested he could do dual roles, but Boti said on twitter that FIBA qualification process is changing - coach needs to be full time

Reply #557996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct anon 995 it's called the arrogance of Nick Marvin. Then he hand picks Gleeson and doesn't say a word despite the style being the same if not worse. Enjoy your current predicament Nick, after all you caused it.

Reply #557998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. Illawarra are playing some of the fastest pace basketball out there, very easy on the eyes. Let's not forget they are the only side to rack up 100 and that was without lisch. If you want boring how does 35pts in the last 3 quarters suit you? Bevo is miles ahead of gleeson as coach don't get it twisted just because gleeson was able to win a title with a huge talent advantage over the rest of the league. Once other teams started spending and recruiting better he's been exposed.

Reply #558000 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Where did this Beveridge sacked talk start? He left because he wanted the Boomers gig. And the Wildcats were good to watch under Beveridge - actually had players who could hit 3-pointers.

Reply #558001 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

I will go for Hawks in this one. The true test will be the type of game (low scoring or high scoring) it will be. If it is say 35-33 at the half the wildcats are controlling the game with their unique style of boring ball. If Hawks are 40 points plus at the half they are looking good because we know the wildcats struggle to score 60 in 40 minutes.

RMQ makes an interesting point about unathletic teams of Bevo. Today's personnel would be better, but would they shoot the ball well enough for Bevo system to work?
There is no doubt Bevo is a better coach than Gleeson. With Lisch naturalised.. WOW.. Just the 3pt shooter we need!

Even better would be Brian Goorjian, or if we can really dream.. How about Obradovic?

Reply #558002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson won a title basically with Bevo's system, and Bevo's core local players. Add star import Bevo never had and timimg luck with Cedric missing a year from NZ Breakers and you ship a ring. Nick Marvin no doubt though himself a genius back then well how about now it's all crumbling as expected when you ride the fumes of a predecessor.

Reply #558003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats view Bevo went for Boomers gig but said to Cats if he doesn't get it he wants to remain Cats head coach but the club didn't offer a deal.

Reply #558005 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Reply #558005

Wildcats couldn't sit around and wait for the decision. They had roster decisions to make etc. No problem Bevo going for gig, but club cant sit and wait, it was the correct call. Whether or not Gleeson was correct decision is another story - I think winning a championship justifies it, even though it was on the back of James Ennis.

Reply #558012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timing wasn't an issue they thought they could do better and used it as an excuse to replace him.

Reply #558013 | Report this post

Bevo was stepping away from coaching for a while, regardless. He was not sacked, due to his style or otherwise. All these anons can keep inventing as much stuff as they want to.

And the one who said its all crumbling away as expected? What, you picked a team that has been in the playoffs for thirty years to miss a year, and you think it proves something, after one loss? What an idiot.

Reply #558015 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

How would we/you know that? Why can't we just take Marvin and Beveridge at their word. Why do we need an ulterior motive.

We humans love a good conspiracy story thats for sure

Reply #558016 | Report this post

That isn't to say the club did everything perfectly either. But this "Marvib sacked him his a tool" nonsense is complete bullshit.

Reply #558017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In 2013 Lemanis was named Boomers coach in what late April?

Reply #558019 | Report this post

WV, that isn't quite right. You have got your timings mixed up.

Reply #558020 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Super
I could be wrong - It's happened once or twice before - but my understanding was Beveridge contract was up in June, Boomers job given to Lemanis late April, club already had deal with Gleeson but couldn't announce officially until Bevo contract was up.

Reply #558021 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Do we know who is playing for Perth yet? Jawai, Prather and Martin all big question marks at this point.

Reply #558023 | Report this post

No I don't think that was the case. Between the pressure of battling Lemanis for the Boomers gig, and the (unfair) pressure coming from the club of "title or else", Bevo was not enjoying coaching. He wanted time off but the club decided to move on instead.

Reply #558024 | Report this post

Martin is out, Prather is warming up, no news on Jawai yet.

Reply #558025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo coming back to the Cats makes sense. His family lives in Perth and he was probaly the most popular Cats coach amongst the fans since Cal

Reply #558027 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Prather confirmed out

Reply #558028 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Jawai in

Reply #558029 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

From Twitter : " WILDCATS ALERT: Martin (calf) and Prather (knee) will remain out for today's game. Knight (shoulder) and Jawai (quad) will suit up. Wroe in. "

Reply #558030 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Dunno if its a good idea risking Jawai and Knight if they are already carrying injuries. The season is still young.

Reply #558031 | Report this post

Mel O'McKarona  
Years ago

Major backcourt issues again hey.

Wroe is me!
- Gleeson

Reply #558033 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Going to be a bit of a small vs tall game. If Ogilvy can contain the bigs, this could get pretty ugly for Perth.

Reply #558034 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Knight's shoulder wont get worse, not sure about Jawai however. I assume he 100% considering how cautious they've been with Martin.

Reply #558035 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

We need the Hawks shot to be off today

Reply #558036 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, REALLY off! Like, Greg Hire-level off.

Reply #558037 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Anyway, I'm fine with effectively writing this one off as a loss if it means not taking injury risks.
Being 2-2 after 2 home & 2 away games is hardly a disastrous position.

Reply #558038 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

i mean if the Crocs can beat Wildcats at home, anythings possible.

Reply #558039 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If Illawarra have an off shooting night, then anything could happen.

If Illawarra can shoot the ball well, or even at a decent level, then they should win comfortably.

This Perth lineup is unlikely to be able to keep pace with Illawarra in a run and gun, fast paced game. Hawks will have too much firepower. If Perth can control the pace, turn it into a bump and grind half court affair, control the ball, ie: limit turnovers, and hope that none of Illawarra's shooters go off, that would all put them right in the game.

Reply #558040 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wildcats views cheers for the player updates

Reply #558041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Prather, Damo nd a struggling Jawai and Knight=Perth loss

Reply #558042 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Agreed LV - Knight will struggle defending Forman out on perimeter. Hopefully 'Cats can exploit him in the post at the other end. But man there's like 9 guys on that roster capable of hitting 3's at an efficient rate. Scary

Reply #558043 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

On the flipside there's like 9 guys on our roster incapable of hitting 3's, so that should cancel it out and make for an even contest.

Reply #558044 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Luuuuc - I'd laugh but the truth hurts

Reply #558045 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Where's that dude that predicted the Crocs by 2 the other night. We need a nostradamus type prediction going the Wildcats way

Reply #558046 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

King James - no problem, I wish it was better news

Reply #558047 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Let it go, I say.
Shit happens, and our health situation right now is indeed shit. Nothing we can do about that today (except play it safe with anyone who is doubtful, to make sure things don't get even worse)

So to me this one is already a loss. It's a free hit at the Hawks. Nothing to lose, except a chunk of money if the Cats happen to get up :p

Reply #558048 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I was going to get on Illawarra at $3.25 for 11+ yesterday (or was it Friday?), but didn't. Now they're out to $2.80, don't think it's worth it.

Reply #558051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth had their full team at full strength I would tip them, but they are playing behind the 8ball.

Reply #558054 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hawks gambling more than they need to early on. Why give us cheapies until it is proven that your normal honest D won't stifle us?

Reply #558055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth looking good but it's early days

Reply #558056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis playing well

Reply #558057 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Perth size is a big factor right now.

Reply #558058 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Perth owning the boards.

Reply #558059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible inbounds pass

Reply #558060 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Wagstaff has been terrible for a few games now

Reply #558061 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Illawarra have a very scary starting 5 and a very un scary bench.

Reply #558062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are hitting shots out of their asses lol

Reply #558063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks will cool down but most of their 3 are coming from downright stupid Perth turnovers. Perth cleans that up they are right in it.

Reply #558064 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

This is a good pace for the Hawks, can Perth keep it up?

Reply #558065 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Davidson just getting old? He's been struggling early this season.

Reply #558066 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Jawai does seem to use his arms a lot on rebounds

Reply #558067 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Davidson seems to have no lateral movement or speed

Reply #558068 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

13 Fts to 0 LOLOL....

This league is a sham....

Reply #558069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beal da gawd

Reply #558070 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's hard to get free throws when you run 80% of your possessions on the perimeter.

Reply #558071 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Foul-wise I'd only have issue with the hand-checking by Perth and the pushing on rebounds. Other than that, it seems about right

Reply #558072 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

5 assists for Jawai already.

Reply #558073 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Look at a Perth player.....foul...

The Wildcats are the NBL darlings....Like the Rabbitohs are the NRL.

The NBL have to look after Perth, its the cash cow for the NBL....The NBL have to do everything to keep them competitive so the big crowds keep on coming back.

Reply #558074 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ogilvy has to go to Rio!

Reply #558075 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Foul count is pretty even. Can't just look at the free throw numbers. Illawarra aren't running a game plan that involves getting to the line every possession, Perth are.

Reply #558076 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Don't feed the trolls

Reply #558077 | Report this post

#074, there is no easy way to say this but you're a fucking idiot.

Reply #558078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to take you're hat off to Knight. This guy is playing through a pretty bad injury.

Reply #558079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible Kenny

Reply #558080 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is it just me, or does Jawai look like he's wearing flippers when he runs?

Reply #558081 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL

LOOK AT A PLAYER FOUL...

Breath on a player foul.

No wonder this league is the laughing stock of Australian sport.

Reply #558082 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

What's with the music drowning out the commentators? Horrible...

Reply #558083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wroe playing wrell

Reply #558084 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Hawks should just go small, run and gun and expose Perth.

Jawai isn't exactly mobile and Knight is moving at snails pace (due to his injuries).

Reply #558085 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth are doing very well to be only 3 points down.

Reply #558086 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

26 fouls in 220 minutes of basketball...

HAHAHAHA...LOL @ the NBL....

No wonder only the rejects of world basketball end up here...

Reply #558087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are shooting at well as they can from the 3pt line and perth are stinking it u and it is only a 3t game. All the Cats need to do is cut down the sill turnovers and keep pounding the ball into their bigs and it's anyones game.

Reply #558088 | Report this post

So the slow boring old past-it Cafs have kept up with the high scoring Golden State Hawks for a half, despite being less fresh and undermanned. Can't complain about that.

Reply #558089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Bevo has found the on button for ogilvy's ability to be a confident aggressive player

Reply #558090 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Beal is a pretty good baller!.

Reply #558092 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Can the Cats keep it up for a full game though?

Or will the game slow down to a half court grind it out kind of game?

Reply #558093 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

26 fouls in 20 minutes of basketball

LOLOLOL...

No wonder this sport almost dies every year

Reply #558094 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

I don't know but jawai 7/5/6 at half time is pretty nice! Imagine when he is in better shape..

Reply #558095 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is there an ignore option?

Reply #558096 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Jawai is pretty much automatic in the low block but right now they are using him as a playmaker of the low post.

He needs to start looking for his shot more and attack AJ to get him into foul trouble!

Reply #558097 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs, no I don't think they can keep it up. I just think the earlier calls that they are finished/can't score etc are way too premature.

Reply #558098 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

26 fouls in 20 minutes of basketball?

That is MORE than 1 foul a minute......

What kind of league is this?

Reply #558099 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I just went to get a screen cloth for my phone because I thought there was some shite on it , but then I realised it was just another anon post.

Reply #558100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't miss open threes Red

Reply #558101 | Report this post

26 posts in 20 minutes saying the same thing?

What kind of retard are you?

Reply #558103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Nate

Reply #558104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart Hire. Very smart

Reply #558105 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

4 more fouls in the first 90 secs of the 3rd qtr LOLOLOLOLOL...

Reply #558106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sorcery is this Hire!

Reply #558107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're back baby!

Reply #558108 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Wow !! This is turning out to be a cracker of a game

Reply #558109 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

30 secs went by without a foul being called..

I think this is a sign the world is coming to an end.

Reply #558110 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Knight runs like he is titlting all over the joint,.

Reply #558111 | Report this post

Hey anon, there have also been 23 points scored in three and a half minutes. Who is complaining about that.

Reply #558112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

holly the shagging sheeps Kenny wow

Reply #558113 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I thought shooting was supposed to be Kenny's thing? Has looked very timid tonight and against us too.

Reply #558114 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Very impressed with Beal and Knight.

Kenny is hesitant. Why? He can shoot the 3. Check out NZ vs Aus

Reply #558115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesse en fuego!

Reply #558116 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Boom !!! Wagstaff

Reply #558117 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Man, this is an offensive showcase for both Teams in the 3rd

Reply #558118 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Definitely not the sort of game that you'd expect to see with Perth playing, that's for sure.

Reply #558119 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Weeks is so legit.

Reply #558120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shambles

Reply #558121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervy!

Reply #558122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHAT A GAME. BEST GAME OF THE YEAR BY A COUNTRY MILE

Reply #558123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny showing why he never had a NBL job prior to this. Just so scared to shoot even when left wide open. Cats doing pretty well considering the guys missing though

Reply #558124 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

This is a great game to have live on FTA!!

Reply #558125 | Report this post

This game is prettier than Isaacs brother.

Reply #558126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage is done

Reply #558127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great D Tom

Reply #558128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate penalised because of his size.

Terrible

Reply #558129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of crap, that was a joke call on jawai

Reply #558130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFFUUUUUUUUU REFS!!!

Reply #558131 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

I just knew Jawai would get dicked this season!

Reply #558132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flopphage falls over and wagstaff gets an unsportsmanlike a second later. That is why people hate the wildcats.

Reply #558133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dats it Kenny, you gotta always shoot dat!

Reply #558134 | Report this post

So you hate everyone to ever get an USF??

Reply #558135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats with Knights stupid help D today

Reply #558136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Harvey is quality

Reply #558137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man Kenny has such a sweet shot.

We need to run plays to get him spotted up.

Reply #558138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny shutting me up. Two sweet treys and solid D

Reply #558139 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Where was this effort from the Cats against the Crocs! The have been pretty easy on the eye today, and high scoring too. Just a great quality game for TV viewing.

Reply #558140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty :(

Reply #558141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mstty knight is hammered. Warrior type performance

Reply #558142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a game!

Faith in NBL is restored

Reply #558143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Win or lose i feel better about the cats again after watching this

Reply #558144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As someone who is not a perth fan I think tonight win or lose they showed great heart but knight has gained respect in my books.

Reply #558145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HYAH!!!!!!!!!!!11

Reply #558146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who says we can't shoot threes ;)

Reply #558147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who says we can't shoot threes ;)

Reply #558148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CATS

Reply #558149 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Holy crap!!! Why is Wagstaff not starting over Redhage. And when did Hire learn to shoot ?

Reply #558150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the offseason apparently.

Suddenly looking like a jumpshooting stud

Reply #558151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the cats finish? They were in a similar position v tsv

Reply #558152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maty knight putting his body on the line every play despite being sore

Reply #558153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight with SO MUCH HEART!!

Reply #558154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

knight you champion

Reply #558155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Inspirational matty!!

Reply #558156 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Knight is a beast

Reply #558157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage you doofus

Reply #558158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AGAIN REDHAGE YOU FUCKHEAD

Reply #558159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perths turnovers are keeping the hawk in it

Reply #558160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats trying to throw this away!!

Reply #558161 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Illawarra have missed some big shots late here.

Reply #558162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the trio

Reply #558163 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Redhage is having a nightmare!

Reply #558164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky

Reply #558165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perrth giving it away

Reply #558166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iceman

Reply #558167 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Why run that play for Coenraad. Good shooter.

But geez you want Lisch, Forman or Penney stroking that.

Reply #558168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PHEW!!

Lisch is having a mare of a shooting game

Reply #558169 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Illawarra can only blame themselves if they lose this.
So many opportunities.

Reply #558170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth ruining all their hard work by gift wrapping for the hawks

Reply #558171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats win!!!

W00000000

Love you Matty toughest guy in the league <3

Reply #558172 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hawks had there chances, this one will sting. Redhage is a real issue for the Cats.

Reply #558173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire and Wagstaff need to be banned from passing further than 10m.

Reply #558175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth with no DAMO, PARTHER, Knight playing on one hand have shown why they are going to be in the big dance because of heart and guts

Reply #558176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have been 4-0

Reply #558177 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Matt Knight earned them that win. Huge effort.

Reply #558178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beal took it personally or what? he took lish to school

Reply #558179 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perth most probably wont be in the big dance, but really gutsy win these are the types of wins that make fans come back for more.

Reply #558180 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Wow , just wow . That was a brilliant game and a tremendous effort from Perth given their injury problems. My heart is still jumping out of my chest.

I had written this game off before it even started. Faith restored.

Reply #558181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That crocs loss woke up the sleeping giant

Reply #558182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is Hire now that he can shoot to add with his tremendous defence?

Reply #558183 | Report this post

another anon  
Years ago

Damn. 2 bigs injured. 2 guards out. And still won on the road. Write them off at your peril.

Reply #558184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Healthy Perth and the United are the best two teams in the league!. What a cracker that game on Thursday going to be.

Reply #558185 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Perth showed the heart that Townsville did on Thursday. Matt Knight outstanding. Live by the three die by the three!

Reply #558186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge smile by the skipper in the post game huddle. Toure of effort that makes you proud!

Reply #558187 | Report this post

I lost $200 but I'll take that win any day of the week.

Reply #558188 | Report this post

Lindsay  
Years ago

Fantastic win!

Reply #558189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same here supernintendo strange feeling lost a bet yet still somehow happy overall

Reply #558190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just looked at Hires numbers holly cow 13 points and 11 boards

Reply #558191 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Makes up for the loss to Townsville I think.

Reply #558192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loved Harvey's commentary aswell

Reply #558193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rosen is burning hard. NSW boy cant take it. loool

Reply #558194 | Report this post

Natural is better  
Years ago

What does this say about Illawarra? Gave up 106 points to a team with a stinky offense and one of their main weapons glued to the bench in the second half with foul troubles.

Reply #558195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those Cats fans who thought Lisch was better then Beal well I hope you know understand Money bill beal is better

Reply #558196 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

Amazing game. I am LOVING the NBL this year. Amazing games and talent and great commentary. Loving the mixture of the pro commentator with the past player!

Reply #558198 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah weird comment Rosen made about the Hawks being the best team today... Hawks really shouldve been able to close that out at home and the lead. Live by the 3 die by it, both teams best players stood up. Love guys like Beal and Lisch, going at it.

Reply #558199 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

As someone mentioned earlier that Townsville loss was probably the best thing that could have happened to the Cats. Idealy you want to win every game but sometimes you need a kick in the backside to wake you up.

Reply #558201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Theres no doubting dolla quality but before we rush to pass judgement let's not forget that was lisch first full game this season

Reply #558203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Gleeson? ;)

Reply #558204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was that the best nbl game of the past five years?

Reply #558207 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Right up there. Two genuine contenders going at it toe to toe all game!

Reply #558208 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Damn, what a game. Gutsy effort from Perth. Stifled Hawks 3 point looks at the end and contested everything. It paid off.

Seems Matty wasn't affected too much, monster game by him.

Reply #558209 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Brilliant effort by Perth. Game of the year so far and they were excellent. I would not have thought that Perth line up would score over 100 but they did it.

Bench players Wagstaff, Kenny and Hire stood up when it mattered.

Perth deserves favouritism every bit as much as United.

Reply #558211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL need to get their shit together for the website.

No game report, ladder 2 games behind. Still defaulting to Round 2 for results.

(n)

Reply #558217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you bet $200 against your own club. Nuff said.

Reply #558220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth were $2.2 and happy to take that.

Reply #558223 | Report this post

Natural is better  
Years ago

And here come the guys putting their bets on after the game is finished again...

Reply #558225 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Wow they scored 100 points in a game.. Great to see and hope it continues !

Reply #558228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame you haven't been following the topics.
I thought it was a no brainer and last week I backed the Hawks. That is already history.
So why do you care at all with your 6 comments so far. Clearly I should be concerned ;)

Reply #558229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't say "nuff said" when you haven't actually made a point.

Reply #558231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A clueless newbie has no opinion. Nuff said.

Reply #558232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does every thread involving Cats fan end in arrogant sarcastic back forth shit.

Great game, awesome product to show off to the Aus public, this league is growing week by week.

Reply #558233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome game to watch . I didn't think Perth would get 106 .
Sure thing for playoffs imo

Reply #558234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because people don't like the Cats so they talk as much shit as possible and the threads descend in to this crap.

Reply #558235 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The crap talking comes from both sides, it's not just Cats haters.

It should have no place in this thread, it was an awesome game. I had money on the Hawks, but also the over so half a win haha.

Reply #558237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kabe24 said. Cats dying off very quickly, Hawks will win this and it'll be done by the half for mine...

Reply #558240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough going with tipping i predicted a split weekend for cats but like most got them the wrong way round

Reply #558243 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah anon, I did say that, with the assumption that Jawai was to miss and potentially Knight. So what your point, they played, it was a great game. IF they hadn't have played id stand by that prediction. Smh...

Reply #558245 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Perth now faces two massive games that could have a huge bearing on the standings on seasons end. They travel to Melbourne to face the United on Thursday and return for the grudge man on against the Hawks on Sunday.

It will be hard to beat the United without both Damo nd Prather out both if they are both healthy well it is a even money game. The Holt v Beal matchup will be amazing.

If the Cats beat the Hawks again the get the split on the tiebreaker if they finish with the same record. This two games are massive!

Reply #558246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Kobe we don't care and sorry we didn't read the qualifications you didn't put in your post.
Dazz and Kobe facing off in the dumptie awards

Reply #558250 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hey you felt the need to point out my pick directly so just responding to that anon. Weirdo...

Reply #558252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No you were wrong and then explained your post. AFTER the event.
Bit like the betting thing eh

Reply #558253 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ok buddy no worries, you were right, I was wrong. Man I bet that feel good eh

Reply #558255 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

anon 253 - what exactly is your beef ? I'm a cats fan and even I tipped this gane to be over by the half. I don't think Kobe24 has to justify his comments.

Reply #558256 | Report this post

I didn't think they'd win either (glad they did) because of the ongoing injuries, the new ones from Friday, plus the potential for fatigue. Why does getting a prediction wrong need to be justified to a window-licking anon?

Reply #558259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cos your a prick who bets against your own side. Simple like you.

Reply #558262 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Wow, some folks should not be given internet access haha Charming individual, no connection to Cats for life... haha

Reply #558264 | Report this post

Yeah I did. I thought they would lose, and the Hawks were paying reasonable odds. Whats wrong with placing that bet? What difference does it make to you?

Are you in a tipping comp? Do you pick your team to win every game?

Reply #558267 | Report this post

It hasn't been a good day for anons on this forum. The Minda Bus must have free wifi.

Reply #558268 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Just got done watching that one and man, what a game.
Have to echo what others have said about Matty Knight. He just would not say die. Awesome. Beal was huge too. His stamina is on another level.
Not sure where we found the energy to play that out like that, but it was great to see, and I think it also backs up the NBL's new schedule. Having a day's break makes a noticeable difference compared to back-to-back games on consecutive days.

Commentary and the quality of the telecast overall was good quality.
Hawks would be disappointed though, as the Cats would have been after Friday, for letting that one get away.

Greg Hire was shooting 20% for the season prior to that game. Picked a useful time to go 4/5

Reply #558270 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Agreed, that was just a weird little outburst! Well good round of basketball nonetheless, so as a ball fan I'm happy!

Reply #558271 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Hi guy's, I'm back. Great win, Hawks are good if the triples go down, Perth is just Perth! like or hate them just don't bag them, they have been the most consistent team for 29 years, hate them but you have to respect them.

kobe24 you are a bit of a duse bag!

Reply #558272 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ahh what timing! Ive been called worse...

Reply #558273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a fan of the duse bag http://www.beyondtherack.com/product/BEN73021DUSEBK?category=1 I can see why its sold out.

Reply #558274 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

You're a fine looking sort, K24.
I had no idea you were black.

Reply #558276 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

You would think so far the top four teams are in order

United
Wildcats
Hawks
36ERS

right now. If Perth beats the United they go on top. I think after a few more games and once the 6ers new import settles in they could be challenging Perth and the United for top spot.

Reply #558278 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I didn't think we could do it today Kobe but hey we're not anon know alls.

Gutsy win.

Just wish Gleeson would STFU.

Reply #558279 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lol @ this forum.

Reply #558285 | Report this post

indoorkite  
Years ago

All for betting against your team if the odds are good, creates a win/win situation. Your team wins, you're happy, they lose, you cash in, happy days fellas.

Reply #558288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are people writing off NZ?

Top 4 will be

United
NZ
Melb
And Adelaide/Cairns/Illawara

Reply #558294 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Probably the same reason you are writing off Perth lol

Reply #558296 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

NZ has lost to Perth, Hawks and the 6ers so far this season. How can you put them in the top 4 as of right now?

Reply #558297 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"All for betting against your team if the odds are good, creates a win/win situation. Your team wins, you're happy, they lose, you cash in, happy days fellas."

It works even better for Perth punters because Perth has a lot of basketball fans and the Cats traditionally get a lot of money their way, so I find that our odds tend to be shorter than I think they "deserve" to be.

I got today wrong too but still think it was a smart bet.
As I said yesterday
"That's my favourite type of bet ... I'd be happy to lose my money if the Cats can pull out a road win."

Very happy this evening :)

Reply #558300 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"NZ has lost to Perth, Hawks and the 6ers so far this season. How can you put them in the top 4 as of right now?"

More to the point, how can you have 2 spots in the top 4 being taken by Melbourne? They are the same team as United last time I checked ;)

I expect NZ to be in the mix by the business end of the season. I think it's pretty pointless getting too carried away with arguing over top 4 predictions at this early stage though.

Reply #558301 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Here's my recap of today's beautiful game

http://wildcatsviews.com/2015/10/25/perth-wildcats-stunning-win-over-illawarra-hawks/

Reply #558302 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Melbourne is 5-0. NZ is 2-3.BTW I did say if Perth wins on Thursday they will go on top.

Reply #558306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair dinkum this season has been a funny one. Perth beats Adelaide and the Hawks on the road and the champs at home but loses to the Crocs of all teams in perth? lol

Reply #558312 | Report this post

Kaiju  
Years ago

I personally don't see a reason why people are bagging out Kobe24 for his predictions, it was just his general opinion on how the game would go, as much as I don't always agree with Kobe24 he has a right to share his thoughts

Reply #558315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@WIldcats views

"The Wildcats, led by Jermaine Beal and a banged up Matt Knight, eventually grabbed the lead but then almost threw the game away - literally – turning the ball over on four consecutive possessions late in the contest – three of those turnovers by Jesse Wagstaff."

Sure you didn't mean Redhage?

Reply #558318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also love your analysis Wildcats views, very well written, comprehensive and a great read.

Reply #558319 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Thanks for the kind words.

Regarding turnovers, Wagstaff made three errors, Redhage made that one on the baseline throw.

Reply #558320 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It is games like this, the huge upset wins, the massive individual efforts, injured players willing their team over the line and the unpredictability of the games that is making the league excellent viewing this season, great stuff!

#hardballonhardfloors

Reply #558322 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Wildcats Views I liked your recap, I thought rebounds really won it for the Wildcats last night, I also watched Nate Jawi play closely, at times he was giving up fouls that were let go so while he may be unlucky to have been given his 5th in that game I think I counted about 20 on him and against him...

That's a hard one, becuase it is so qhysical in the post, especially when he plays, that officials can't actually call it as they see it or he would be off with 5 fouls and his opponent would have 4 in the first 10 minutes of most games.

So, what we are seeing is tollerance, which in basketball terms means inconsistent officiating, but I can't see what else they can do at this stage, can you?

Reply #558324 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sad finish by the Hawks who got rattled once Perth took the lead. Some questionable shots at the end - seen some mentions of Coenraad's, but the worst for me was Lisch's off balance, long two when they could've used a safer option.

Perth's rebounding and interior D was just too strong.

Knight was a warrior. Hopefully anyone who doesn't get why he keeps making All-NBL teams watched that.

Interesting thing is that the Cats might've expected to go 1-1 that round, backing up against the Hawks. Still went 1-1 after the Crocs horror, but this will prove to be a more useful 1-1 as it gives the win to the Crocs (predicted to struggle) and denies one to the Hawks (tipped to finish higher up the ladder).

No Hawks starter played more than 28 minutes. Ogilvy had 21 points with no fouls. 8/12 FG. Like Gleeson earlier in the round, did Bevo coast too much and pay the price?

Reply #558328 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Poor rebounding killed the Hawks.

Ogilvy, Forman and Ellis played a combined 68 minutes and only got 4 defensive rebounds.

Perth had one less offensive rebound than Illawarra got defensive: 15 to 16.

It's rare that a team would lose a basketball game with keeping turnovers to 9 and shooting a load of 3's at over 40%. But when you get mauled inside that's what happens. This will be interesting seeing how United cope with Perth's size and presence on Thursday.

Reply #558335 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So, can we say that the styles were kind of opposite between these two and that's just where they are at.

Perth's inside game opens up its perimeter shooting and opportunities outside the arc, while the Hawks tend to rely on their 3 point shooters and hope that the inside game is good enough to pick up the scraps?

Kind of the way it worked out in this game too, I think... So, Melbourne have a similar game to the Hawks, well then the Perth v Melbourne game should be a douzy.

Reply #558337 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

All I know after all the analyizing it this would make one hell of a playoff series!

Reply #558339 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

while i like Bevo's free style offence....as the coach surely he should have taken more control in that last 2 minutes??
Poor coaching down the stretch !!

Reply #558351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great sign for Perth to be missing 2 of its starters and play a game like that!

Reply #558357 | Report this post

NBL #1 Fan  
Years ago

Martin should be playing on Thursday.

Reply #558358 | Report this post

While Bevo's game plan is high octane offence, with almost all players having the green light from beyond the arc, the difference between the Hawks team and his previous Cats team is that he doesn't have the rebounders to negate any misses.

Reply #558368 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I will agree^ and suggest Melbourne, although they also tend to jack up quite a few threes at least have some more rebounding strength, especially with Majok Majok.

This is why my early call for an NBL final series is Perth V Melbourne, but to be honest who knows how it will end up this season, upsets in the finals could blow that prediction out the park!

Reply #558372 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Agree with the above two posts.

The other difference between United and Illawarra in terms of player personnel is that Goulding gives them an elite one on one scorer who can break the team out of a funk in a spectacular fashion.

Illawarra has nothing comparable to Goulding in terms of the way he can score. Penney is still a sweet shooter but you can see he's lost a step when he tries to go one on one- has committed many turnovers like that this season. Lisch gives them that to an extent, but he’s nowhere near the scorer Goulding is. So when Melbourne has an off shooting night from outside in terms of their catch and shoot, Goulding will be more capable of breaking them out of it by going against his man in a one on one.

Although, to be fair, Illawarra does have more 3 point shooters than Melbourne does.

Reply #558377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys talking about bevos offense are missing the point. They gave up 106 to a team that has poor skills and only scored 63 two days earlier

Reply #558391 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And how many did the opposition score anon^?

Yes, it was an offensively minded, attacking and high scoring game, no one is saying otherwise, so what is your point of emphasis on how this happened?

Reply #558403 | Report this post

Missing what point? We are specifically talking about Bevo's offence, and the pros and cons of it.

Reply #558404 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

I will take a healthy or even semi healthy Knight over AJ, Jawai or Kickert or anyother big in Australia every day of the week and twice on a sunday!. He does so much for his team it's not funny. He will never be a spectacular highlight reel player but there is no one better who can get the job done day in day out. Typical meat and potatos guy.

Reply #558405 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Bevos offence is generated from trap and press defence. Get steals and run the court and pushe it down the other teams throat either via the 3pt line or open court fast break points.

Reply #558408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are saying bevo offense has shortcomings in not having as good rebounding as perth or Melbourne. The offense is damn good they are piling on the points. There nothing wrong with it at all it is championship calibre. The defense and rebounding however Is not at that level

Reply #558414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks officially blew it.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/illawarra-hawks-admit-they-blew-it-in-loss-to-perth-wildcats-20151025-gki4vv.html
Rebound count is a worry for sure

Reply #558420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Thanks for the kind words.

Regarding turnovers, Wagstaff made three errors, Redhage made that one on the baseline throw."

And Redhage got te ball stolen/poked away when he was trying to dribble up the court which makes 2 and I'm sure there was a third.

I commented in this thread at the time.

Reply #558425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Said it many times since this Hawks team came together. Team needs an athletic defensive rebounder who can play the 4 spot and maybe one spot up or down. 6'8" ish with little offense. Plenty of those types available because they are raw offensively. Use the second import spot on one.

Reply #558434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike Dunigan

Reply #558436 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If the salary cap means anything, then surely they couldn't sign another import in addition to the signings of Lisch, Penney and Ogilvy?

With the points cap, having so many players who have been with Wollongong for 5+ years (Coenraad, Demos, Davidson, Forman) they'd have a lot of loyalty discounts?

Reply #558438 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the article above:

"We are going to learn from this experience. The guys are gutted," Beveridge said.

"They are very disappointed because I thought we were the better team the whole time.

"I thought our game plan was good.

"It is hard down the stretch when we do spend time going this is how we are going to close the game out and we just didn't."
Doubt they'll rush to mess with the roster. Weeks is doing very well, Martin is going to come back desperate to knock Weeks out of his spot, Lisch and Penney didn't have brilliant games, Ellis was better, etc.

If they'd just been a bit smarter in the end game, they would've won that.

Reply #558455 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Or if Forman and Coenraad hadn't missed two or three wide open threes in the final couple of minutes, even.

Reply #558456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow what a game. Bevo is at least an honest coach and admitted they threw that one away.

But I felt like as some said above Cats had to pull it out from three point land to get it done and they did.

There was a period after Kenny openly declined to shoot threes he hits two in a row sweetly and Wagstaff pulls two out of nowhere as well. WTF!

Biggest WTF that hassn't mentioned here (can't believe it!) is Lisch going for a hero three to win it instead of driving or kicking off for a two to tie it to at least go to OT? This was when Hawks down by 99-101... FAIL!

Reply #558458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

00:22 11, K. Lisch, 3pt jump shot missed 99-101

Reply #558459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If the salary cap means anything, then surely they couldn't sign another import in addition to the signings of Lisch, Penney and Ogilvy?"

Hakim Warrick
Stephen Holt
Chris Goulding
Daniel Kickert
Todd Blanchfield
David Barlow

Reply #558471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha. LV wearing his Melbourne goggles as usual. He had form.

Reply #558477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha nice Anon

Reply #558482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

K. Lisch massive fail with the hero three. Take it into overtime geez

Reply #558485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching the replay.

Larry Davidson is passed it. Two shots under the basket he goes up lamely and gets the ball smoothered, not even a block was necessary as there was no airtime.

O boards for Hawks - Wildcats at two stages went 0/2 from the line but got the o board and score.

The way the game was managed at the end by the Hawks - Coenraad shooting, really? and Lisch three when margin was two. Where was Penney or Forman this whole time at a crucial stretch.

Game seemed to swing to the Cats with the do over before three quarter time. Someone screwed up (cheeky Hawks scorers bench?) and then Jervis hits the buzzer beater with the reset play.

Reply #558497 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

If i have kevin lisch open for a go ahead 3 any single day of the year im taking it and living with the results. You dont bring in star players to play it safe when they have made a career out taking the hero ball and making it. Cmon now...

Reply #558498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You forgot he was underdone just coming back from full fitness. He wasn't driving to the basket as much because of it and settling for the three. The last hero three was him settling for it as he is just coming back from injury. Forman Penney get them the rock not Coenradd (lol) or an underdone Lisch.

Reply #558500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forgot to add Kobe24 agreed in general but Lisch is still recovering underdone slightly, also bare in mind you have Penney on the roster and Forman.

Reply #558501 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Awesome game, just one of those rare ones where several players all have exceptional games together.
I don't know if you could perhaps put it down to motivation from the earlier drubbing, but Beal, Knight, Hire and Wagstaff all had massive games. Whilst for the Hawks Lisch had a great first game back, and Ogilvy, Weeks, and Ellis were all exceptional.

Reply #558517 | Report this post

Air Goorjian  
Years ago

Dolla BEALLLLLL is the real deal, for real, he had Lisch for a meal.

Reply #558522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Dolla owned but also took it to Lisch knowing he had just come back from injury, good move.

Reply #558531 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Larry Davidson is passed it. Two shots under the basket he goes up lamely and gets the ball smoothered, not even a block was necessary as there was no airtime.
Is that the same Davidson?
I thought the commentators called him Davis (need to get my hearing checked LOL).
Where did he get all the hair?
But you're right, passed it.

Reply #558533 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Passed it when he should have shot it

Reply #558535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The way the game was managed at the end by the Hawks - Coenraad shooting, really? and Lisch three when margin was two. Where was Penney or Forman this whole time at a crucial stretch."

Pretty sure I remember Penney and Foreman bricking threes in the last minute.

Reply #558538 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What was up with Reddeg? Tired? Sick? Or just an off night?
Missed most of his shots, had little impact, and (probably as a consequence) had less minutes than usual.

Reply #558539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz how long have you been following NBL for? Davidson has been in it for a decade plus. He is what you can call a passed player.

Reply #558541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz - Redhage is old and passed it.

Reply #558546 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Redhage has been having a problem scoring for a while. But on Friday night against the Crocs he was the only one keeping us in front. Seemed to be doing it by sheer force of will, hustling and grabbing rebounds everywhere.

Reply #558550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember Larry Davidson wearing a bandanna throughout his time at the aptly named Hunter Pirates. That was funny. But that is a team now in the passed.

Reply #558551 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"I remember Larry Davidson wearing a bandanna throughout his time at the aptly named Hunter Pirates. That was funny. But that is a team now in the passed."

Haha, that was so good I had to copy & passede it.

Reply #558558 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Dazz how long have you been following NBL for? Davidson has been in it for a decade plus. He is what you can call a passed player.
WTF are you on about?
Davidson has played with a cropped or shaved head (and even a Mohawk IIRC) I just didn't recognise him with all that hair.

Reply #558560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Larry would be pist off for not being recognised despite being a league mainstay.

Reply #558561 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He seems a pretty easy going dude so I doubt he'd be too fust.

Reply #558562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure one of the Sixer ex-owners Fust'ed a university.

Reply #558564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage simply wont be able to bring it night in night out anymore. Father time never loses.

Reply #558571 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Once Prather gets back Shawn can go back to be the backup SF. His lack of form wont be that much of an issue anymore

Reply #558573 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah fair point. United and Perth are both stacked. So are NZ. Plenty of stacked rosters. Just seems like Hawks have too much depth to sign someone else.

United do have some fresh faces on their team too, to be fair.

Reply #558576 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Oh and btw if anyone thinks I've got Melbourne glasses on, check out my post history. I've written plenty in the past 24 hours about Melbourne and Perth. Including one post where I explained why United don't deserve to be clear favourites, even though they are with the bookies.

Reply #558577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage sliding over to the SF position this year is probably a misalignment with him getting older and his movement slowing down. There were times when he was matched up on penney which is a very tough cover for him. He was on and off the court in very short bursts and thus messed with his rhythm. I think he's a player that requires the rhythm of constant involvement /activity so he found it tough.

Reply #558583 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I bad game doesn't mean he's finished, especially when you consider he saw less minutes cos he was off and the other big guys were on fire.
He's started the season reasonably well, was just off yesterday which is why I asked the question.
I don't know why even semi-intelligent responses seem to be beyond most posters.
And for all those detractors, I challenge you to find a better value 4-point player to come off the bench.
When he backs up the 4 or 3, probably not a big deal either way. Wagstaff is shooting better form outside, Redhage handles the ball better.

Reply #558588 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Shawn is not finished as a quality player but he most certainly is finished as a star. He can still be a very, very good spark off the bench.

Reply #558734 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754