Mott the Hoople
Years ago

ABL Blitz

Is there any reason an ABL Blitz wouldn't work before the start of the main season?

We could all get to see how the teams will be lining up for the up-coming season in a short space of time.

Ten minutes each way, perhaps played in two pools over two weekends. Semis and final on the second weekend. What does everyone think?

Topic #3831 | Report this topic

Little Trevor  
Years ago

wasn't there a lightning carnival this year at Mt Barker pre-ABL season.

Bearcats, Lions, Mavericks... any others?

Reply #44558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

women

centrals, woodville, south, north, at gawler pre season

Reply #44560 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Was that organised through BASA or was it put on by a club - presumable Eastern and Centrals?

Either way I must have missed it.

Reply #44561 | Report this post

ABL  
Years ago

The Club Financial Classic womens tournament held at Starplex was really well organised.
Centrals, South, North, woodville and Sturt attended.
Sturt won and each team member recieved a medal. Also, they awarded a tournament MVP and AllStar 5, which was a nice touch!
Obviously Centrals have got some great sponsors. Overall, I was pretty impressed with the weekend. They should do it again next year.

Reply #44567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The tigers also attended the pre season tournament at starplex.

Reply #44581 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

i absolutely agree....i think the ABL blitz is a fantastic idea, espeically now that the summer season finishes before christmas.
would only take one weekend.
2 pools of 5, with 10 minute halves, would not be too draining on the players, and if held at wayville, would draw quite a crowd i would imagine......finals on sunday afternoon, it would be a hit, all the fans from all clubs at the one venue.

Reply #44592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754