Anonymous
Years ago

Cheeky Bevo

I'm tempted to buy a membership just based on the audacity of Bevo's email below!

Due to Cody Ellis', Kevin Lisch and my affiliation with the Perth Community, I have set a goal of having the biggest interstate supporters base in the entire NBL.

We will be playing the Perth Wildcats on October 31, 2015 and on January 21, 2016 and while we are there I would like to host a function for all interstate supporter members while we are there, where they will have an opportunity to spend some time with Cody, Kev and the entire team. In addition, I will also extend an open invitation for all supporter members to attend our pre game shoot around on game day.

The membership only costs $30 and there are some other benefits with discounts on merchandise, access to blogs, newsletters etc.

It would be very much appreciated if you could forward this information on to all Stirling Members on my behalf inviting them to join our club?

Please note, I am not asking people NOT to support the Perth Wildcats, but simply asking people to support Cody, Kevin and myself in our new adventure together.

The link for the membership is below.

http://www.hawkstakeflight.com/membership/supporter-membership.html

INTERSTATE SUPPORTERS FUNCTION:
While we are there I am looking at having a "Meet and greet the Team" that I would like to invite all the Interstate Supporters to this Friday night.

Topic #38324 | Report this topic

Not a bad initiative from the Hawks.

Reply #559030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the website it has a button to click to register for past members. Great way to reconnect supporters that have gone by the wayside and linking their details back from the database.

Reply #559035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh wait I spoke too soon :|

Not Found

The requested URL /membership/href= was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Reply #559037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Erm not sure how hoops link got on there this is the error

Not Found

The requested URL /membership/href= was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

for $30 don't mind supporting from afar again, hope the link is fixed.

Reply #559040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Perth fan, I am happy to buy one of these memberships.

Bevo and Lisch won Perth a title, $30 is bugger all, as a thank you

Reply #559044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo, the biggest wildcat hater in Australia!!

Reply #559111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

link looks ok now, i got in.

Reply #559122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cody Ellis has an affiliation with the Cats?

Just through his Dad I assume?

Reply #559127 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Cody Ellis has as much connection with the Perth Wildcats as Kyrie Irving does with the Bulleen Boomers (Mens).

Reply #559128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis will replace Redhage at the Cats next year anyway.

Reply #559130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read it again; "Perth Community". I would say spending your first 18 years in Perth and coming back to play SBL the last few years is a pretty decent connection.

Reply #559132 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Heel Bevo is fun.

He's like when Bret Hart turned heel against America and was only cheered in Canada.

Reply #559148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that a WWE reference. If so time to grow up.

Reply #559151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

151, you right there champ?

Must be a sorry existence if you got nothing better to do than take anonymous potshots on forums.

Now remind me, who needs to grow up?

Reply #559182 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Am I the only one that thinks Bevo needs to move on? I've read so many things from him that are relating to Wildcats, it appears to me he's a guy that can't seem to let go. Move on buddy, get over yourself and just do what you were hired to do; coach Illawarra.

Reply #559192 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

RMQ. It's RMQ who needs to grow up.
Pretty clear I would have thought. He's acting like one of those little roodie-poo jabronies.

Reply #559193 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I do get a vibe that there are a few little unresolved feelings there, but I don't mind that. A little extra drama never goes astray.

Reply #559194 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

It's a smart move - every $ counts and anything that brings interest to the comp is OK by me.

Cody, KL and Bevo have good networks in WA ....even if it sells 30-40 memberships that's a grand for an e-mail.

Reply #559196 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Maybe I'm just getting old, but that makes NO sense.

I can understand the Hawks (or any club) trying to reconnect with interstate supporters.
With the downturn in the Illawarra region, and the recent mining boom in WA, there was a LOT of migration for jobs.
With Foxtel an (former) Hawks supporter based in Perth now has a great opportunity to watch all their games, so why not offer an interstate membership that includes a function and possibly tickets. That would be a smart initiative.

Instead he's contacting WA SBL supporters and asking them to join the Hawks as a way of supporting him, Cody, and Lisch. WTF?

Bevo was very popular in Perth.
Problem was he couldn't let go.
When he was still in Perth, game nights would find him across the road at the Bar, telling everyone who would listen what was wrong with the Cats.
After two years, it got old.

Lisch was one of my favourites of the last decade, I was devo'd when he left, and I wouldn't mind going to a pre-game function to say thanks, maybe score an autograph (for the kids of course.)
Stuffed if I'm going to sign up to the Hawks though.

Reply #559207 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Wait, people actually believe these marketing emails are written by players and coaches, not the club's media people?

95% chance this wasn't written by Bevo at all, 99.9999% chance it wasn't his idea even if he was actually the one to put fingers to keyboard.

Reply #559211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RMQ,
Love the use of the term "heel"!
Do you think the idea will "get over" or will it be "botched"?
Furthermore, do you think it's a "work" or a "shoot"?

Reply #559261 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That email has Bevo all over it. If there media team wrote that, they must need grammar classes and marketing support training. Why would a coach bother with something like this? Talk about media hungry.

Reply #559262 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha I just came here for the comments... love the bickering smh.

Reply #559266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember RMQ also thinks he is the best game DJ in the country...

If this is Bevo this is fantastic. Gets the people talking!

Reply #559268 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I believe this Bevo article is a "Worked-shoot".

As Bevo will reunite with the Wildcats next season with a naturalized Lisch and form the nWo (New Wildcats Order).

Bevo's definitely over with the Hawks faithful, I don't know what sort of heat he'll get from the Perth crowd.

Lisch received a pretty good push last night.

Anno #268 - I dont' think, I know I am the Best game sound technican in the nation not named Paul Malone ;) Great to see you buying into the angel - i'm hoping it gets over.

Oh and Luuuc - You come out here and run your mouth, like some piece of trailer trash. Well CatChat 3:16 says WildcatsRule! haha

Reply #559276 | Report this post

is the email in Bevo's hand-writing?

Reply #559278 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Bevo and Lisch are still more loved in Perth than anyone not named Damo, Matty or Greg from the current squad. So it is pretty solid idea.

I can more easily justify $30 for a supporter membership of the Hawks than $155 (or even $70 if that is actually an option) for a supporter membership of the Wildcats.

Reply #559305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When he was still in Perth, game nights would find him across the road at the Bar, telling everyone who would listen what was wrong with the Cats."

Tell us more.

Reply #559307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754