Kr
Years ago

Does Jett have to go?

With the crocs lack of talent and young lineup it was always going to be extra important to get decent production each game from jordair jett. Apart from coming in out of shape, he just doesn't look active enough or a big enough threat offensively.

He was sat on the bench for large stretches tonight with Norton and Maynard looking far more capable. With the crocs lack of knockdown shooters I always thought jett was a gamble, but he just looks like he's making up the numbers.

Someone like McRae who can hit from outside and score in bunches is exactly what the crocs are missing Imo. The have some great young talent but desperately need another quality scorer.

Topic #38327 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I like Jordair Jett and the Crocs how they are now, its been quite healthy for my betting.

Reply #559139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep id replace Jett (and Schenscher if need cap space) with a more marqueee player like McRae in a hear beat.

Reply #559140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not much point putting too much effort into the arrangement of the titanic's deck chairs I don't reckon

Reply #559141 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was very average tonight but unless it costs them no extra, I can't see the point. The crowd was terrible, and I can't see how they'd survive another year.

Reply #559143 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

seriously, they beat perth last week, they'll have good and bad games!

Reply #559146 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

The crocs really lack that go to guy. unfortunatley to get him Jett must go, the Crocs need to bite the bullet and follow the hawks theme of go big or pack up shop.

With NBA rosters now set the crocs need a scorer and a crowd puller, it would take alot but they need to chase Jimmer Fridette, Ben Gordon, Xavier Henry, Vander Blue

Also if they could get their hands on another wing player sadly you would have to let Djeric go also to make room.

Reply #559150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Marcus Camby how much did you win on Friday night?

Reply #559159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of you don't get it. NBL are happy as long as Crocs see out the season and then replaced by Brisbane. They are a placeholder, Crocs make it to the end of the season = win. There is no way any moves will be made as there is no money just like there was no money before they made their original moves.

Reply #559161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the name Jordair a portmanteau? His parents must be serious sneaker pimps.

Reply #559178 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon '161, LK is potentially propping them up to see out the season, and a bit more to keep their roster competitive in the interim might be worth it in the interest of close games?

Reply #559181 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Remember that the Crocs nearly folded last year. Not sure they have the budget for a Marquee player

Reply #559199 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree Isaac, with a quality veteran combo guard, who can stem the tide a bit during these terrible runs they have, this becomes a very competitive team. Think about how many brain fart moments they had last night yet they were still in that ball game until the end.

Jett has talent, but he's not the type of player they need and he's not in shape. Put Jermaine Beal's identical twin brother into this team and they look a lot different.

Reply #559215 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sadly, if the Croc's have a future in the NBL I can't see it. I think I also agree that they are just marking time until the Brisbane Bullets replace them.

Then the real questions will start:

How many of these players be recycled into a Brisbane team?

Will Brisbane people support them and will Jett be among them?

Will Brisbane have any green in their uniform??

Reply #559219 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

If/when the Crocs fold, their roster won't merge with Brisbane's new roster. Sure some may play for the Bullets but the Crocs will not be merging with the Bullets in any way.

Reply #559221 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

The crocs are actually really competitive for large stretches, but the United games and Hawks last night showed they don't have the scoring power to stay with the top scoring teams. Both of their wins have been defensive type grinds and just desperately need the extra 10 points a game that a higher scoring import could bring.

Plus if you take away their horrendous start (which has become a common theme) 14 to 1 I think it was in the first few minutes, they outscored the Hawks from there on. There is actually a lot to like about how the crocs are playing with the personal they have.

Reply #559227 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I dont think its such a bad thing, if the NBL can find a market, I would love to see them relocate the crocs somewhere else

Reply #559234 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Melbourne wants a second team, let's just call them, oh I don't know what about the Dragons instead of the Croc's...?

;)

Reply #559239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs dredds makes Kings dredds look a superstar.

Reply #559242 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I suspect the Crocs are in such a bad financial position that they can't afford to replace him.

Reply #559246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Instead of having another team fold, why not relecoate them to Melbourne, Hobart or GC?

Reply #559248 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Or, I'd say the pressure goes onto their offence because they have stretches where they breakdown badly defensively and have to keep taking the ball out of the net. Sure, they could do with another scorer at the SG position, no doubt about that, but they need to make the D more consistent, which isn't easy without a legit starting centre.

Reply #559252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely those dreads are a hidderance to his play.

Reply #559315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That and body mass.

Reply #559317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha well that goes without saying :P

Reply #559320 | Report this post

Air Down Here  
Years ago

Bad Aerodynamics with Jett and Thornton.. almost an extra kilo each they're carrying around of hair.

Reply #559322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also overheating issues.

Reply #559323 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jett can't see what he's eating and ends up.downing too many Big Macs.

Reply #559349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheels are in motion

Reply #559369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Hudson pick Jett too?

Reply #559380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ lol nice

Reply #559401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whhels are inmotion???

Reply #559411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like the sands of an hour glass these are the days of our lives.

Reply #559412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

???

Reply #559416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754