RMQ
Years ago

Derek Rucker - 96/97 Scouting Tape (sample)

Here's sample of some Derek Rucker scout footage.

Interestingly enough other players on this VHS tape include Bruce Bolden, AC Earl, Matt Neilson, Simon Dwight and Ben Thompson.

Ben Thompson ends up at the Wildcats after his stint at the Razor Backs - I wonder if Rucker could have ended up a Wildcat.

https://youtu.be/9esf49jh0eI

Topic #38331 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Awesome work RMQ. However the year isn't 96, the Razorbacks weren't around until 98/99 season.

I love you putting these videos up, as a old school NBL junkie it's awesome and much appreciated but the watermark on the videos make it very hard to watch I feel. Could it be put in the corners instead of the middle of the picture?

Reply #559277 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Thanks for the feedback - I'll try and adjust the watermark on the next one I do.

If people enjoy these, I'll keep uploading anything I find.

The hardest thing with a VCR is not being able to "scroll through the video" and having to let it record in real time.

Yeh I wasn't sure of the year - I assume it was 96 (based on other things on the tape).

I didn't realise the league switched to Foxtel so early. I never had Fox so only remember it as being on ABC.

Reply #559280 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That last shot was centimetre perfect

Reply #559285 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

I second the notion of these being awesome, these are gold for people like me who grew up during the glory days.. the 99/00 year for me was when it started going downhill quick. For some, probably a lot earlier.

TV coverage was atrocious. ABC on late night.. and to imagine just a few years earlier from that, it was competing with AFL. Still can't believe how it all went sour.

Reply #559286 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Thanks for taking on the feedback RMQ. Love what you are doing, it's gold.

I often tell the kids I coach about how big the NBL used to be, I'm sure I just sound like some incredibly old dude to them pissing on about the good old days but to be able to have some highlights on YouTube to show them is nice.

Fox had the NBL from launch in 95 from memory, while it was still on ten, however I may be wrong as I never had Fox either.

Reply #559289 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well then let me jump on the retro bandwagon with this clip of highlights from a
Wildcats-36ers match at the PEC from 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0GHBKyqMs

Reply #559291 | Report this post

Here's a clip of me and mate showing off some of our old school memorabilia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsH44ZtMh84

Reply #559292 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I can't imagine a time that will ever stop being gold

Reply #559294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers RMQ keep the old content coming!

Reply #559296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J-Foxxxx ftw.

ClintDogg is way more advanced technology wise though (VCD).

Reply #559303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ClintDogg still a douchebag

Reply #559338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seemed to play taller than the 184cm he's listed at

Reply #559348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's some funny stuff right there, also reminds me how bloody good HD is!

Reply #559370 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Leroy was there so it could've been anywhere between 1981 and 2001 :)

Reply #559872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754