Anonymous
Years ago

Perth Alternate uniform

Black?

They've got a mortgage on red despite being a bunch of other colours over their existence.

Now Hawks are black as are Nz Breakers, so lets have another team with it.

Topic #38372 | Report this topic

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Black is their Away jersey for this season.

Pretty sure there is a separate alternate jersey too, as well as the heritage round.

I've been told none will be available at retail, per Wildcats orders.

Reply #560865 | Report this post

Jackson G  
Years ago

Loved their white from 2013-2014, black will be interesting.

Reply #560876 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

The Wildcats are the only club they won't sell a jersey or merchandise item because too many people will want it.

Reply #560945 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

What a shame, they could make so much more money if they sold heritage as well..

Reply #560946 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

The black one from mid to late 90's I mean.

Reply #560951 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

We've tried and tried to get these things made, but nope.

It's red or nothing. I've never heard of a Pro Sports Team refusing to allow things to be sold like this before.

Reply #560954 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

http://cantbuyabasket.com/what-if-the-nbl-had-alternate-uniforms/

Should make a push for #backinblack

Will need the Cats head though and the meaner Wildcats font.. sorely missing from this years jerseys.

Also seen on the forum before, love this:

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/12/07/perth-wildcats/

Reply #560955 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Good luck there, it's all about what NM wants

Reply #560958 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

If you want one your going to have to bid for them lol

http://www.wildcats.com.au/featured-news/perth-wildcats-black-jersey-auction/

Reply #560959 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Nice, 17 bids already.

Reply #560961 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

On another note, they look too familiar to the ones from mid 00's.

http://andthefoul.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rickygrace.jpg

Reply #560964 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't like the move to the script rather than the logo, but its the same on both so I quite like the black strip. Prefer it to white.
Red & Black have been the Cats colours for about 20 years, although the emphasis has been on Red for some time now.
BTW: The Cats have in the past sold Heritage tops, and they may do so again.
The reason for not selling black supporter gear is obvious. They, and the fans, have put a lot of time, effort, and money into the "Red Army" / "sea of red" concepts. Last thing they want to do is see that obliterated by black.

As for the Hawks, yes I was surprised, I assumed they would wear Red at home, but I guess they have their reasons.

What I didn't understand is why the visiting Crocs were in that drab grey, instead of their green?

Reply #560994 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Red/green colorblindness.

There's no reason fans can't buy black jerseys and wear red ones to the game. I own two white Wildcats jerseys, two black Wildcats jerseys, and a yellow Wildcats jersey. I always wear a red one to the game, because that's what I'm supposed to do.

There's plenty of non-red clothing available elsewhere. The Wildcats can't force people to only own red shirts.

Reply #560995 | Report this post

Jackson G  
Years ago

Would love a Vintage Crawford jersey from 87.. complete with shorter than short shorts..

Reply #560997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks have had black a couple of times. They played in black in 2001 and 2005 Grand Finals in black so not unusual to see them in it again.

Reply #561041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the design looks pretty sick to be honest

Reply #561674 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Red/green colorblindness.
The irony is that to sufferers of Protanopia, Red actually appears as a dull greenish grey almost exactly the colour of the Crocs' away strip

There's no reason fans can't buy black jerseys and wear red ones to the game.
Yes there is, its called money. Somebody forks out the bucks for a singlet for their kid, he/she is going to want to wear it to the game. If you want tops for your collection bid on the player-worn ones.

The Wildcats can't force people to only own red shirts.
No, but they CAN force people to only own red Wildcats shirts.

Reply #562138 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, I did think about that when I saw the Crocs went with grey as their alternate.

I have a jersey from every season except this one. No reason I can't wear a previous-season jersey to the game. They have cheap(ish) red T-shirts available. Other places sell red things.

Reply #562148 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754