LV
Years ago

Taipans @Hawks 6/11

Wortho is such a bitch. Does a game go by where he doesn't get himself in a niggle?

Hawks need to tighten up their D if they want to partake in some finals action.

Topic #38399 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

entertaining first half there. Like it should, that shot at halftime was reviewed and waved away. 52-58 to Taipans

Reply #561956 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Weeks shot wasnt close. Clearly after the buzzer.

Ogilvy is perhaps MVP of the season to date for me. Hope he keeps up in the second half

Reply #561963 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

What did Wortho do this time? Elbow? Nut punch? Something original?

Reply #561964 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

What exactly Worthingtons value these days?

Reply #561969 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

The defense in this league is abysmal

Reply #561970 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

If anyone DARES to play anything resembling defense in this league, it is a foul...

No wonder Aus does F## all in the olympics and world championships....

Thu league is JOKE

Reply #561972 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

If they call the Crocs v Cats game tonight like this both teams might be out of players

Reply #561973 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Oh look...another NBL game, another no FUCKING contest..

LOL, NBL fans get o excited when there is a close game...

For every 1 close game, there are 10 blow outs in this league..what a fucking TRASH LEAGUE

Reply #561974 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Ogilvy is a monster. Hawks on a roll this 1/4

Reply #561976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans suck in 3rd quarters. wtf

Reply #561977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worthington constantly travels and never gets called. His footwork is awful.

Reply #561978 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Isaac,

Please tell us. Is the No Defense Troll and Blowout Troll one and the same?

Reply #561979 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Anon, why keep watching then if you hate it so much?

Reply #561980 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Please please no more soap opera commentators.
Ewing says he was a sportsman before he was an actor? He's an actor?
AJ for MVP for me too. Love the Hawks' style this season.

Reply #561981 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL, we have had 4 games thus far this qtr, and int he final few minutes, non have been close..

LOL, what a JUNK TRASH LEAGUE.....only 8 teams, and you cant even get competitive games...LOL

Reply #561982 | Report this post

WNBL fan  
Years ago

I have no idea why Marty Clarke is making all these anon posts- surely he has enough work washing and ironing all those college uniforms.

Reply #561984 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

The Hawks when they click are a very explosive team.

Reply #561985 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Craig is a one man show

Reply #561987 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Yeah, and when they're junk, the Hawks are REALLY junk. Should never have allowed Cairns to get back into it.

Reply #561989 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Hawks are similar to Sydney in that they seem heavy reliant on the production of their respective C (Ogilvy, Khazzouh).

With both teams, when those guys aren't getting the ball or are off the court, scoring dries up and the offense struggles.

I like Starks agressiveness. He wasn't really bad at the start..it's just he wasn't shooting so it looked like he did not much. He is shooting now and looks like a stud!

Reply #561990 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Cairns' imports can't miss at the moment.
They were 8/11 for 3 against us, they are 17/20 from the field tonight.

Reply #561991 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hawks will hang on to win this but if they are going to win a final they need an inside presence other than Ogilvy, he is exhausted and Davidson doesn't have it any longer.

Great game, another great night of NBL...

Reply #561992 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

How many players in the NBL will make the starting 5 in the Boomers team in RIO?

LOLOLOLOL

NONE...that says it all about this league

Reply #561997 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

AussiePride, yes, same person. Prematurely calling blowout again. With all the whining, I don't know why they're watching so much NBL...

Reply #561999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac,

Please tell us. Is the No Defense Troll, the Blowout Troll and the No NBL players in the Boomers Starting 5 Troll one and the same?

Reply #562000 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Answer the Q, how many NBL players will make the starting 5 in RIO? How many?

That says it all about this league

Reply #562001 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

The starting 5 wont even get a medal in RIO, and none of the players in the NBL will make the starting 5 LOLOL

Reply #562003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aj has to be favourite for mvp now

Reply #562009 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Can't you just ban whoever it is Isaac?

Reply #562011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll take a guess and say this could be the "blowout" troll

http://twitter.com/Conigman

Reply #562063 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I thought it might be Australia's biggest collector of NBL merchandise................

Reply #562117 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Starks may have hit some shots tonight but zero assists and five turnovers is a worry for a point guard. Jury still out whether he is a guy who can carry a team to a deep playoff run.

Reply #562118 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What a great game! Awesome momentum swings, tough shots, it had everything. Had Fearne not put Starks in the doghouse Cairns probably win.

Gee Illawarra are using Ogilvy well, getting him away from the basket and giving him space to work into, and good to see AJ not disappearing when things got tough at the end.

Reply #562139 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Starks was in early foul trouble.

Reply #562207 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Years ago

Fearne's subbing out of Starks seemed to be quite reactionary to me Podge with at least a couple of them being after Starks had turned over the ball. He was on fire shooting wise yet only saw 16 or so minutes of court time and he was playing aggressively which I understood was what was wanted from him. The third quarter where we fell apart coincided with Starks and Craig being absent for much of the quarter (Craig with foul issues as well). We are a much better team when Craig is on the court, imo.

The other thing I found puzzling was Tragardh seeing only 11 minutes or so of court time. I think it's crazy for him to be used as little as that. He has seen limited minutes the last 2 or 3 games now.

This was always going to be a tough game after having done a 12 day road trip the previous 2 rounds and finally getting home for a break only to have to jump on a plane again a couple of days later for this game. Nevertheless, in the end I feel it was a game we could have won although we simply had no answer to Ogilvy.

Reply #562234 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It was no answer to the ball-screen, the Hawks using it so well and finding Ogilvy repeatedly, or AJ getting an o-board after his man helped on the screen. Of course, later in the game with his confidence up AJ could do no wrong.

Reply #562244 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Twinkle, don't forget Trig is still on the come back from the calf injury. I think he's still on a minutes restriction. Gotta be careful with an 'old' calf ;)

AJ was a beast, I thought Weigh was the most effective defender early but our interior D was soft more than a few times. Once AJ got going the only way to stop him was for him to run out of juice.... if it went into triple overtime we might have been ok.

Reply #562297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has to be entertaining. The NBA knows this. Hard for basketball purists to swallow but high scoring gets bums on seats and people interested in the game. If you ask me as a coach and I will say defence wins games but as a fan I want the high scores.
Damned if you do, but the future of the league is to entertain and get people interested in basketball again. The NBA even brought in the illegal defence rule and a 24sec shot clock to encourage scoring.

Reply #562329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has to be entertaining. The NBA knows this. Hard for basketball purists to swallow but high scoring gets bums on seats and people interested in the game. If you ask me as a coach and I will say defence wins games but as a fan I want the high scores.
Damned if you do, but the future of the league is to entertain and get people interested in basketball again. The NBA even brought in the illegal defence rule and a 24sec shot clock to encourage scoring.

Reply #562330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754