No, don't be silly

Reply #562160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, but that was just an embarrassing read

Reply #562161 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I didn't write it, I just quite enjoyed the read.

Reply #562163 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Only in Perth, Shaun Redhage for the rest of the league

Reply #562171 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Didnt bother reading but not even close.

Reply #562180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Perth have the most hated players on 1 squad;

Redhage
Wagstaff
Hire

Reply #562181 | Report this post

Don't forget the coach!

Reply #562182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ridiculous, was slashed by hire from behind. had a player in front and then damo charged through low and conklin was spinning with elbows out as would any other player in a matter of milliseconds. its just an unfortunate accident for a team that needs to know that if you push past the boundries to try and get away with a missed call and get physical then you will get hurt sometimes.. thats basketball

Reply #562188 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

When did Hire become a villain lol I thought he was pretty well respected.

The villains are going to be dependant on who you support. If put Worthington and Petrie up there personally :P It's to early to declare Conklin a villain but give him another game or 2 lol

Reply #562193 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

As a perth fan, I gotta say Brian Conklin is a professional.

He took it on the chin last night and now it's time to move on.

He didn't mean to break damos jaw and he does feel bad for what happened.

Perth boo'd Coz he took out our captain he wore it and now it's done.

Reply #562194 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Agree that Hire is become more douchey by the game. Completely opposite to his off court reputation of being a great guy doing good in the community.

Reply #562196 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I really don't understand the hate for Redhage tbh. He plays hard, can be a bit in-your-face but if you take his total package - ie. having come from SEABL, cut from NZ, coming back from that horrific injury etc and ended up having a really good career on championship-winning teams, I've got nothing but respect for him.

I don't reckon the NBL has any real villains any more. Not like it used to anyway - the likes of Heal, Kerle, Kruger, Paul Rees to a lesser degree etc.

Reply #562199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All personal choice i think Worthington is a tool.
As for coaches I have never really liked Gleeson I hope Nielsen takes over next season

Reply #562200 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I think the problem with Redhage along with most villains is it only takes one or 2 incidents and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and every thing that person does from that point is deemed dirty.

Reply #562208 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"I really don't understand the hate for Redhage tbh. He plays hard, can be a bit in-your-face but if you take his total package - ie. having come from SEABL, cut from NZ, coming back from that horrific injury etc and ended up having a really good career on championship-winning teams, I've got nothing but respect for him."

I loved it when Phil Jones punched him :)
He almost invented sticking out your elbows when setting screens on opposition guards (ask CJ Bruton).

Reply #562212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most people on this forum jump on bandwagons no one gave two shits about Conklin until this hit on Martin.

Reply #562214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha so true. Perth fans just being sensitive and as odd as ever.

Reply #562216 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Villian as in ... Townsvillian?

Reply #562217 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Conklin is the hero we need.

Reply #562220 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Rubbish article

Reply #562231 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I can't even find the article to comment on it. That URL in the first post is coming up dead for me

Reply #562233 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

The article looks to have been deleted.

Reply #562235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Conklin land elsewhere when Townsville aren't in the NBL next season

Reply #562239 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Crap article. Read it this morning before it apparently got deleted. Amateur articles like that shouldn't be published.

Conklin is good for the league. Hope he stays next season with another club if Townsville fold. But he's hardly a villian. Just a tough competitive player that got into an unfortunate incident against one of the leagues nice guys.

The attention he's getting is good though. Hopefully might spark a bit of interest in Townsville.

Reply #562246 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Conklin would be a good fit for Perth to replace an ageing Redhage.

Reply #562247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thanks RMQ besides he is an import anyway

Reply #562249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And yes i could tell you were trying to be funny

Reply #562250 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I don't think the article was that bad, it was just someone raising an opinion. Was probably written quickly and thrown together without a whole lot of thought. Is Conklin becoming a villain? Well he is starting to piss a few people off, isn't he?

Reply #562251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I know is he's one of the worst MVPs in recent years.

Reply #562280 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

People seem to forget how good Conklin can be. He's had a rough year - not having Blanchfield to stop defenders sagging inside the arc doesn't help - but last year he was great. I don't think he was the MVP last year, especially with where the Crocs finished, but Conklin is a quality player.

Reply #562402 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Conklin just needs to shut his mouth, stop waving his arms, and concentrate on playing ball.

Reply #562482 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

From Gleeson's appearance on the HardBall podcast this week:

Just as I was going in the press conference, Townsville were out stretching, Conklin was right there before it, and I said 'keep your elbows to yourself' to Conklin, and Conklin said 'well you tell him to keep his hands out or I'll hit him again'.

Reply #582429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From that you can see why Gleeson reacted as he did in the press conference.

Reply #582431 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754