you must be joking
Years ago

big AL in Sydney for a holiday???

I think he has put that notion to bed.

He is everything the NBL needs!!

Topic #38457 | Report this topic

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, people were getting ahead of themselves when he was signed, was always going to take a few games... He was still puffing hard by the end of the game, but you can't debate his skills or passion to get the job done!

Reply #563959 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

One big game against a poor defensive team is a bit early to hail him the saviour! Nice to see him finding his feet, but after how he struggled against the top team I'll reserve judgement until he produces against Melbourne, Perth and NZ.

Reply #563960 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Harrington can play is just out of shape and it showed his first few games.

Reply #563961 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No doubt he can play, it's just whether he's ready to do it against good defensive teams yet. At some point he'll be fit enough to regularly produce big and efficient games, I'm just not going to say he's there yet based on points v Adelaide!

Reply #563964 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hes just starting to get his game legs.Will get better every week.

Reply #563968 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He was 9/15 last night after being 18/56 in his first four, that tells you the legs are feeling a lot better!

Reply #563970 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Initially it was 6 games.

Only 1 more game then? If Childress' suspension started last night and he's ready next game?

Reply #563972 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see what decision Sydney make. Given the people who have the final say there weren't the ones who got Thornton in, there has to be a decent chance they'll keep Al.

Reply #563975 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Checkout clerics Twitter.... Pushing Thornton as a star downunder

Reply #563977 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Got a question for all those Adelaide fans crying in the wake of another loss...

If Sydney say goodbye to big Al Harrington once Chillders comes back from injury, would the 6'ers look to replace Ere with Al?

Reply #563997 | Report this post

paul, you are a hard man to get on board!

Reply #564005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can you "replace" a player on suspension with an "injury" sign-on ?

Reply #564030 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"paul, you are a hard man to get on board!"

Haha. Unfortunately for 36ers fans, scoring points against Adelaide isn't that hard! But if he backs it up again against New Zealand next week I'll jump aboard the 'Al is Fit' train!

Reply #564034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't matter at that point he's only on a six game contract, one more game to go.

Although I think going on his play and seemingly positive attitude if the Kings don't keep him on I think another team will sign him.

Reply #564040 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As said in another thread, it really depends on Al's intentions. He wanted back in the NBA last year and it didn't happen, and I suspect that that's his motivation with this NBL trip, and probably was the key to Childress getting him over here in the first place.

Reply #564056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

next holiday big al will take is back to the NBA!!

Reply #564090 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I remember drew Barry was rubbish when he played for the kings and was ultimately sacked but within about a week an NBA had signed him. I don't necessarily think anyone's form in the NBL is looked at by NBA teams especially if he's in shape and is a veteran.

Reply #564133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754