Anonymous
Years ago

Where to buy NBL gear in Perth

Any stores that you recommend I buy NBL merchandise/apparel in the Perth CBD preferably? I know the Cats have a team store but it is a bit far away and was wondering if they retail in normal shops. I have heard Kickz101 sell them cheap - is this correct?

Topic #38490 | Report this topic

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Jim Kidds Sports

Reply #565018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or order online at: wildcats.com.au

Reply #565027 | Report this post

HardBalls  
Years ago

Not sure if Kickz101 has any new NBL stuff in yet, but when they do it's a lot cheaper than Cats store!!

Reply #565029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks HardBalls, that aligns with what I've heard - but why is that?

Reply #565031 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Clubs usually charge more than retail on their merch and stores charge less to be competitive. One good thing about buying from the club is you know all profits stay with the club.

Reply #565037 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Agree with hardballs that Kickz101 has traditionally always been worth a look. Jim Kidd might have a limited selection too, as do Rebel stores (but they're not in the CBD as far as I know)

Not sure if any of them have this season's gear though. Seems like Kickz don't? Maybe the Cats have frozen them out this season. Which is a shame, because we shouldn't be having to pay $100 for a replica jersey that a 36ers fan can get for $80.

It is good, as NBL Fan says, to know that your proceeds go to the club. It just takes some of the gloss off it when you know just how much extra those proceeds are just because it's the Wildcats.
I feel just as good supporting Kickz101, who are supporters of basketball.

Reply #565054 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

Come to think of it, I haven't heard Kickz101 mentioned on any of the game nights this season.

Reply #565096 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Kickz101 sells all their NBL gear at retail when we get it in. The Cats always mark up their prices for some reason.

We don't have a great relationship with the Cats. A lot of this is due to our reluctance to only sell Red gear, which is what the Wildcats want to push.

They threatened legal action when we sold Heritage jerseys.

They blocked us from selling Away and Heritage jerseys the past 2 seasons as well.

They also blocked us on a few other things.

We would LOVE to sell Wildcats gear in our Store, but being dictated to is now a good way to do Business.

Some may say that airing laundry here is also bad business but I think it's good for people to understand what goes on behind the scenes.

Reply #565373 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

GUYS!!!!! Jim Kidd Morley has a heap of AND1 NBL jerseys from a few years ago-
TIGERS YELLOW- Seth Scott, Benny Lewis, Jonny Flynn
6ERS BLUE- Creek, Johnson
CROCS GREEN- M Cedar
TAIPAINS ORANGE- Jamar Wilson
HAWKS- Saville

Quite a few and priced pretty cheaply, not sure exact price but were on a stand that had 'from $5'

Saw them myself, this morning!!!

Reply #565545 | Report this post

Thanks for the insights. But I'm curious,why do the cats not like others selling non red jerseys? I get the whole red army marketing campaign but i would've thought someone buying a wildcats jersey regardless of colour is still a good thing for them? I note this year they hyped up the new alternate black jersey so i suppose they won't mind stores selling that one?

Reply #565554 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They've explicitly said the black ones won't be sold, but they are auctioning off game-worn ones.

I don't understand how the Wildcats even have the power to do that. Surely it should be between the NBL, ISC, and the stores?

Reply #565558 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

It should be between the NBL/ISC and the Stores but somehow the Wildcats get "veto" on that stuff. It's ridiculous.

Reply #565701 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So the Cats have no right to protect their brand?
You should just be allowed to rip off whatever you want?

Charging a premium for merchandise is good.
Same as premium seating packages.
There are guys who go out and buy new gear every season, because they can afford to. They are in effect subsidising the rest of us.

People bitching about what we pay, compared to the 6's, need to read a few other threads regarding the shithouse stadium they have, lack of working scoreboard, etc.

Reply #565785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754