LC
Years ago

X&Os: Breaking down Townsville's offense & defense

Another great couple of analysis pieces from Liam Flynn, this time on the Townsville Crocs who brought down Melbourne United.

Of discipline and focus: A look at Townsville's defensive schemes

A peek at the gears behind Townsville’s offense

Townsville’s head coach, Shawn Dennis is a hard taskmaster. He coaches his guys hard, holds them accountable, and doesn’t mind sprinkling in colorful language to add emphasis. But to think it’s all he is as a coach would be far from the truth, particularly on the offensive end of the floor. One of the first topics we discussed was Dennis’ belief in the use of "game sense" coaching techniques, to improve his players’ decision-making skill.

Topic #38530 | Report this topic

My favourite line

"Crocs power forward Brian Conklin is a big focus at the elbows (yes, the irony is not lost on me). From this area, he is able to use his speed against bigger, slower 5s in the league"

Reply #566260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had me in stitches too. Seriously this guy is the best writer in Australia when it comes to technical analysis.

Reply #566262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is holding a coaching clinic next Monday.

Hosted by Diamond Valley it is being held at Parade College in Bundoora.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-3441-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=37813616

Reply #566269 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I see a DVD will be available, but if a coach is unable to make this session how can we order a copy anon?

Reply #566274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's just done a session at Southern Districts in Brisbane as well. Big $$s for a clinic though

Very good articles - the only one that is doing this type of article that i can think of, right?

Reply #566281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon an email to the club would suffice.

[email protected]

Reply #566309 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Can you please send a DVD to Damien Cotter.

Reply #566315 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754