Isaac
Years ago

36ers big man Matt Hodgson out 2-4 weeks

Young 36ers big man, Matt Hodgson injured his knee at training yesterday and will miss 2-4 weeks.

Scans revealed that Hodgson has a slight tear in the medial meniscus in his left knee.
36ers site

Topic #38540 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well that sucks. If the 6ers want to save a season and make a decent run we all know what def has to happen now. I've been really impressed with the big fella when he has stayed out of foul trouble, hopefully this is a minor thing.

Reply #566479 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

What definetly has to happen now? Please dont say cut Ere, they dont have the cash to do that and get another player. They dont.

Reply #566483 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Matthew, Kobe24 is going to pay for that scenario to happen so it is fine :)

That is bad news. The only good news out of that is that it gives Carlin a chance to get more minutes.

Reply #566486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad news as Hodgson is a talented bloke when not in foul trouble. The injury curse striking hard this season.

Reply #566487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty bad timing considering the upcoming road trip.

Reply #566490 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

4 weeks in the way the NBL games are bunched together is not a very good scenario, the money can always be found. New owners, see how much they want to win. Sorry Matthew but it is what it is. Otherwise with the run coming up and the height we will be going up against God help us.

Reply #566492 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anyways I'm saying what they should do not that they actually will. Just find it hard to sit back and watch the team slowly struggle due to lack of man power based on poor choices. Then you account for injuries and bam your in big trouble. All good Matthew, the way you wrote 'they don't' made me chuckle!

Reply #566495 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Then recruit God as your new SF or Centre. Maybe he is a decent baller.

I think EVERY team and even the NBL will look at the season after its gone and possibly note than there seemed a lot more injuries than normal because of so many games being played over such a short period of time.

If the money can always be found, then why oh why hasnt it been to fix up the Video screens at the Titanium place or to recruit better players?

Answer: THe magical money has not been delivered by the ill tempered Unicorns and Leprechauns causing the 36ers to wallow.

Reply #566496 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Sorry if that came over harsh Kobe. I personally just think that Basketball is gonna struggle in Australia from now on. With AFL/NRL/Cricket/BBL and Football, its not the era of the 80's and 90's anymore when they were rivers and cities of gold.

Reply #566497 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

New scoreboard being installed in January at last call. I assume these things take time to arrange, obtain, finance and install, so 'they' seem to have done pretty well all things considered on that front.

Reply #566498 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah new scoreboard will be there by time next home game is played I believe. I see basketball on the rise the games have been close and of high quality. There isn't much else on sports wise to compete either atm.

Reply #566500 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hopefully Diesel will get a good run

Reply #566502 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Jack Toft: Perhaps will all your winnings from tipping the right teams you could loan the 36ers a couple of Mill? They are good for it!

Reply #566509 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Matthew, I have children at Uni and a wife who likes shopping, my millions have evaporated

Reply #566519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK, Now it is time to test Daniel Carlin! He is big enough and athletic enough, so Joey will hopefully elevate him. If they only travel with 9 to sydney, I will be surprised, but with their current budget who knows! #freediesel

Reply #566528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Cairns

Reply #566531 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Current budget, what have I missed. Ofcourse he will travel, they have to be able to throw a big body in. Will rival Hire for hairdo's swell ;)

Reply #566532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe, they traveled with 9 not that long ago due to injury, so what makes you think it will be any different? Unless you know something specific of the current budget situation, it wouldn't surprise me if only 9 went still.

Reply #566534 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I did not know they only travelled with 9 previously, doesnt make a lot of sense too me. Perhaps it'll come down to what type of player is missing, example being they are way to short as is, so unlike Creek, you have to replace Hodgson out of height desperation alone!

Reply #566537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Ebi Ere

Reply #566538 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Walker and Petrie will need to step up without Hodgson. Carlin might play a bit and Creek will prob help cover the 4. Petrie will have to play 5 at stages.

Reply #566539 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Carlin isn't travelling. Sam Johns to come into the squad.

Reply #566540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snooch, do you have confirmation of this or is that an opinion? Would it not be strange to elevate a guard to replace a big, when you have gone on record (Adelaide Now interview) stating you think Carlin will be a great NBL and will get some time?
If this is the case, you would assume Carlin wouldn't hang around next season?

Reply #566557 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Any chance BJ Anthony can play yet and is looking for a gig? Could be a good experienced fill-in while Hodgson is out.

Reply #566609 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wouldn't make sense to bring in Sam Johns (as good as he is) to replace Hodgson when Nathan Sobey is being under utilised already.

I wsould like to see what Carlin can offer the team with ten mins a game.

Reply #566612 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Apparently Carlin is out of town, or not with the team this week for some reason. Johns to travel to Cairns.

Reply #566617 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Sheet...

How can DJ, Peach, Creek and Walker come up against Burston, Loughton, Trigger and Wortho?

Reply #566623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJ, BJ, BJ, BJ, BJ......

Reply #566625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ADELAIDE 36ers swingman Sam Johns will replace injured back-up centre Matt Hodgson in the Sixers' NBL line-up for tomorrow night’s rematch with the Taipans in Cairns.

Hodgson, 24 and 211cm, suffered a slight tear in the medial meniscus in his left knee at training and will have surgery today to repair the damage.

Development forward Daniel Carlin, 22 and 204cm, seemed the logical replacement but 36ers coach Joey Wright said his development player was away this week and unavailable for selection.
Full article

Reply #566690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic. Replace the only legit centre on the team with a SF.

Reply #566693 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

What would you have had them do? There wasn't really another option on short notice.

Reply #566717 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

How can DJ, Peach, Creek and Walker come up against Burston, Loughton, Trigger and Wortho?

Burston is their only real low-post player. Trigger likes to step out and Wortho and Loughton both spend a lot of time on the perimeter. I reckon Creek and Peach/Walker can match up ok on Wortho/Loughton.
Burston has been in good form but can be prone to foul trouble so I'd be going to DJ down low early and let him go to work. So important to box out and keep him off the boards (he killed Perth with O boards last week).

The wildcard for mine is Craig, depending on which version turns up and how Fearne uses him. He's burnt the Sixers before.

Reply #566722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the idea of BJ Anthony if he is available

Yea in short notice Johns is ok, but would like Carlin in the spot asap

Reply #566744 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

I'm not sold on Carlin!!!!
Johns can play big and small and with no legs and a low centre of gravity he brings a good defensive game also.
He just needs some minutes and to play a bit selfish with his aggressive style prove himself

Reply #567075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754