Blowout Troll
Years ago

Oh well, the NBL is dead in Sydney for 15/16

What a shame, largest city/market in Australia, interest will be pretty much gone as they are out of contention as well as the team moving to Homebush.

Cant even put a competitive team on the court in an 8 team comp....

What a sham.

Topic #38545 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

All style no substance? Typical kings. But, with a nine day break now is the time right to install a new coach?

Reply #566582 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

You must be pretty pathetic if your season is done and dusted and not even half way through the season..

What farce of an organisation, team and coach...

Kazzouh looks like a zombie on the court

Reply #566583 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

You do realise that Childress who is the marquee player of the entire comp has this team built around him, and he has been injured. So its not a sham, its just really really bad luck and sucks for the Kings fans and all lovers of the NBL. But Same goes for any team who loses there best player to a broken hand, shit is going to get ugly.

Reply #566584 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

For the NBL to flourish, you need Sydney doing well, it is the largest market in Aus...

This team will be in real trouble by the seasons end..I fear for this franchise....what is going to be their average crowd in Homebush? 2000? Good luck surviving.

Reply #566585 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

The worst coached team in the NBL...nothing comes close.

Reply #566587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad coaching and bad shot selection from the guards, every game when the Kings fall 5-10 points behind in the last quarter, the guards start to chuck up bad 3s to try and catch up quickly.

Reply #566588 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"For the NBL to flourish, you need Sydney doing well, it is the largest market in Aus..." Really? and how did that go when they won 3 championships in a row?

Reply #566589 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Khazzou with 3 rebounds the WHOLE game HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kevin White and Lisch had just as much rebounds as him..

What a zombie...no wonder no team wanted to keep him from overseas.

Reply #566590 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Everyone bragging on about Khazzou...the CENTRE who got 3 rebounds the whole game? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply #566592 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I think you misspelled LOL....

Reply #566593 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

How, you as the starting center for a team, every one brags on about you, get 3 rebounds in the whole game?

The oppositions guards get the same amount of boards as you?

You give up a crucial O board with 5 secs left...

Reply #566594 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

In his defence was a pretty contested play at the end there. Lots of miss 3's mean usually lots of long rebounds. In his defence but yeah 3 isnt many especially if your not the focal point on offense you have to make an impact in other areas. If the Kings dont want him though the 36ers will happily take him off your hands ;)

Reply #566597 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

And now someone is defending him...

I give up...

Reply #566598 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha sorry man didn't know how invested you were. Just coming from a different angle on it.

Reply #566599 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Fact is, that is an EMBARRASSMENT to basketball.

Reply #566600 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The beer thing or the 3 rebounds... I'm lost such outlandish statement!

Reply #566602 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How many rebounds do you expect him to get in 21 minutes?

Reply #566603 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

People say Sydney is a hard market to crack and it is, there is said it. Only way this can be rectified is if west Sydney is reinstated and unless there's someone w Fillipino/Chinese/Asian player interests w tonnes of cash it won't happen. Bless

Reply #566604 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Or Childress could just get fit, you upgrade Markovic, win some games and the crowds come like they already were. Homebush is a separate issue for the rest of this season, but on court performance they have just been ravaged.

Reply #566605 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"For the NBL to flourish, you need Sydney doing well, it is the largest market in Aus..."

Please don't start this BS. We had years of it in the 80's & 90's, turning a blind eye to salary cap violations and receiving serious love from the refs only to turn belly up after winning 3 in a row.

Can they fill a stadium?
Do people want to watch them every game?
Do Sydneysiders follow sport, by putting bums on seats? Not for the NRL, not FFA, the cricket is the only thing thas comes close.

Largest market I don't think so.

Reply #566606 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Dear brain damaged anon who finds it funny that Khazzouh got 3 boards... you do realise that Childress got 15 boards and the rebound count was dead even?

But please, keep adding more of your witty remarks to the conversation, it's proving a lot of value.

Reply #566608 | Report this post

I dont know that the Kings are dead but if they are... pour out a little liquor.

Reply #566619 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

MAybe its time the Kings put together a team that dosnt revolve around a single person. Plenty of other teams in the NBL do this. Or is Sydenee so blinded but the cult of personality they would never ever go that way?

Reply #566626 | Report this post

three points  
Years ago

They have to somehow bring Goorjian back and build a winner.

Reply #566631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Negative sooks

Reply #566633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have to somehow bring Goorjian back and build a winner.

So much this, coach Cotter does fine but some of his starters do as they please. The goorj won't cop that.

Reply #566639 | Report this post

the offense is non existent. How many times did Childress take it to the basket and turn it over. There are no options in the offense, it is all one out. No release pass for Childress, no one going along the base line when Childress drives from the top. It is an U12s offense.

Reply #566640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney's problems are injuries and too many soft players.

Reply #566641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's the blowout troll!

Reply #566645 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

I actually laughed that blowouttroll just kept escalating with back to back posts until he got some traction.
Kudos for perseverance, job well done.

Reply #566646 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac, any chance to append "-BlowoutTroll" to the anonymous name based on IP when they post? and/or for other non known anonymous posters adding "-SomeNumber" for anonymous that post numerous times to show that it is the same person? e.g.

Anonymous-1 - Muggsy Bogues is coming to town everyone should see him.
Anonymous-2 - No thanks
Anonymous-1 - I totally agree with OP

It might not be possible due to dynamic IP addresses in some cases and there is other ways around it for them however it will at least make them put in more effort every time they want to be a troll. Not sure how much effort it would be for you to implement though

Reply #566652 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Or just have everyone have to register to post.

Reply #566662 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Matthew, when I visit forums, registration puts me off posting. I want people to be able to contribute without hassle. But can appreciate that there are repercussions. Registration doesn't however stop people being dickheads - see YouTube and Facebook comments for enough evidence of that. Beyond that, the limitation comes from the time I have available plus legacy tech issues (ownership of posts made under an alias but not linked to a user account, etc.)

KingJames, yes, there would be a way to do something like that. It could be a hash of their IP address and only show if someone wasn't logged in. But needs a way to be unique enough but recognisable. Some sites use odd sequences of shapes and colours for this, but I don't know how effective they are - I usually ignore them because they can't be judged at a glance.

Reply #566698 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Childress is not signed for next year. He signed a one year deal. Kings without Childress ain't worth thinking about

Reply #566767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754