Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Wildcats, Dec 2

Another match up between the form teams, this time in New Zealand.

Centrebet has the Breakers as solid $1.45 favourites.

Your tip?

Topic #38583 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Will be close.

Pace/tempo of the game is critical to the result IMO.

Breakers will be trying to speed the game up. I would think the Wildcats would be trying to do the opposite considering how effective they are in that situation.

Wouldn't be surprised to see OT.

Reply #567851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers at home but only just

Reply #567853 | Report this post

I don't think the Cats have any fears about the pace of the game. Against the Hawks and Sixers, both teams tried to run them off the court but the Cats matched it and won.

Reply #567854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Webster playing?

Reply #567855 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Breakers just, wouldn't be surprised if we see OT.

Reply #567868 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

To all those people banging on about Greg Hire shooting at the last second all the time.. every point counts.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/30249377/crunch-time-as-cats-chase-split/

Reply #567884 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Yes Corey Webster is playing and Tai Wesley may play, they'll make the call later today after the shoot around depending on how his blood tests came back last night.

NZ should get up at home for this one but will need to play a ton better than they did in Perth, especially at the freethrow line.

I also won't be surprised if NZ need overtime to get the W.

If NZ win by more than 1 point they win the season series against Perth which will be big come the business end of the season.

Reply #567885 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"To all those people banging on about Greg Hire shooting at the last second all the time.. every point counts.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/30249377/crunch-time-as-cats-chase-split/"

people give Perth shit about this because the Wildcats kicked off in the media when someone else did it to them in garbage time last season from memory.

Reply #567886 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Don't remember hearing about that one, but that would be poor form considering the bust up they had with Adelaide in early 2014 when Gary Ervin called out Hire..

Either way, would love the Cats to win tonight with a last second three by Hire. ;)

Reply #567889 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"people give Perth shit about this because the Wildcats kicked off in the media when someone else did it to them in garbage time last season from memory"

I dont recall Perth media ever kicking up about this happening to Perth. It was Ervin/36ers going nuts about it a couple of seasons ago though when Hire did the same thing to the 36ers.

Reply #567890 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"I dont recall Perth media ever kicking up about this happening to Perth. It was Ervin/36ers going nuts about it a couple of seasons ago though when Hire did the same thing to the 36ers."

It wasn't the Perth Media, someone kicked off to the media in regards to this and my anti-perth memory instantly attributed this to a Wildcats player.
I thought it was Greg Hire who kicked off at Ervin for putting up a shot, my memory isn't that flash so apologies if I was full of plaque.

Reply #567903 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think Breakers are 6-0 at home. A win by the Cats would be massive and send a shot across the bow of the SS Breakers.

This will be a great game and with plenty to play for. The Cats should win the rebounding game, so I'm expecting two different styles of play.

Corey Webster in MVP form is scoring nearly a point per minute (0.85) at home. Beal is scoring 0.45 points per minute on the road, but Prather is killing it at 0.67 points per minute.

Therein lies the Breakers weakness. All the other Breakers are scoring at an average 0.366 points per minute. If the Cats can negate Webster, then they have a chance of bagging this bad boy. Surely 5 flops should create 5 charging fouls on Webster.

The reffing in NZ is just about Street Ball standard, so fouling out players is rare. I'm sticking with the Breakers to play a fast flowing game with only the worst argey bargey calls made. Breakers by 2.

Reply #567908 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Breakers to win big. I reckon they will be so pissed with how they played in Perth, and if they are legit about winning it all, they will want to counter real quick. Perfect chance it today!

Reply #567911 | Report this post

I loved that match preview where Jack Toft mentioned the Wildcats flopping. Classic!!

Reply #567917 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It wasn't the Perth Media, someone kicked off to the media in regards to this and my anti-perth memory instantly attributed this to a Wildcats player.
I thought it was Greg Hire who kicked off at Ervin for putting up a shot, my memory isn't that flash so apologies if I was full of plaque.

This happened after Ervin got upset with Hire for putting up a late three against Adelaide in 2014:

Afterwards, Hire pointed out that Ervin had done exactly the same thing earlier in the year.

Reply #567928 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I wish this thing would just die already .If you have the shot attempt, take the shot. If you wanna burn time , then burn time till the game is over. Dont feel forced to adhere to some BS Basketball etiquette created Furphy where people dont shoot on /near siren.

You are plaing a professional sport here.

Reply #567931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this shit still bought up.
Etiquette it's professional sport FFS.
I believe Perth thrashed Adelaide in the grand final that year :)

Reply #567932 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

This game has a bit of a playoff feel to it.

So much more to this game then just a win or lose. The winner of this game could very much decide 1st and 2nd position at the conclusion of the season or which of these 2 teams gets home court advantage over each other come finals time.

With the rematch only 5 days apart it will be interesting to see how the teams adjust to their respective deficiencies from last Fridays game.

I'm tipping NZ on this one, but if Perth can get hot from outside it could easily swing Perths way.

Reply #567940 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Well, we bring it up because tonight's game could have a lot deciding on it from a points differential view if the series is tied.. and using to also to tell ppl to stop whinging about ppl like Hire shooting in garbage time.

If the three Hire put up at the siren last week went in, and the Breakers win by 2 or 3, Perth would still win the season series.

Yes, they did thrash the 36ers in the final. It's like Lisch awaking the Ahlpa-Beal. Just don't p off the cats, they'll come back and bite.

Reply #567946 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Tipping the Breakers to win - easily.

Still don't rate Perth. Tonight could change me. 1hr till tip off :)

Reply #567948 | Report this post

Half a game off top spot, injuries all season, form team of the comp but you don't rate them? Wow.

Reply #567953 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Apparently, first choice starting five have only played 35 seconds on court together this season.

Reply #567955 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Supernintendo Chalmers, I get the hook, I put a nice piece of floppy meat on the hook, but not one pussycat.......

Reply #567957 | Report this post

I think the meat is getting stale ;-)

Reply #567958 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

How does the tie-breaker work if NZ wins this by 1 point?
I assume Cats get it somehow? Commentators mentioning NZ needs to win by 2+

Reply #567960 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Why are NZ allowed to have a band play during FTs????

Reply #567961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

these muppet refs are handing the breakers the game

Reply #567963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blatant one sided officiating

Reply #567964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the game on radio in Perth?

Reply #567966 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Very strange call to count the cats 3 after the foul

Reply #567967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unbeliveble

Reply #567968 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

wow.. with all the Anonymous posts I thought it would be us down, but NZ is down. Wow.

Hope we can get the win.

Reply #567969 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

In the Cats 4 losses this season, Beal has averaged...

7.8ppg
3.3apg
2.3 to pg

While shooting at 21.3% from the field.

Reply #567970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the game isn't on radio anywhere?

Reply #567971 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Beal 12pts on 5/7fg, 3 Assists and 3 steals in the first 1/4....WOW

Reply #567972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather has really improved his 3 ball. I honestly didn't think he would.

Kudos

Reply #567973 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Beal came to play.

Reply #567974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's raining threes

Reply #567975 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Threes are dropping yet we're only up 3. That's a concern

Reply #567976 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Try 97.3 sport fm (for Perth people). Sometimes they play the games.

Reply #567977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shootout

Reply #567978 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Refs call fouls on Jawai for just standing there. What a joke

Reply #567979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sport FM is 91.3 Matthew but they're not broadcasting it :(

And can't find any links online

Reply #567980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire is terrible he brings nothing

Reply #567981 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

He brings 0 fouls...which is a bonus right now

Reply #567983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is so hard for a "pro team" to get a F##KING REBOUND?

Reply #567984 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

This is a joke!!!!

Reply #567985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home town officiating or what?

Reply #567986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kinda glad I'm not watching now

Perth fans getting irate ITT

Reply #567987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, its so funny watching many of these players FAIL at the basic fundamentals of basketball....

No wonder no one from the NBA can make the NBL....

Reply #567988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, "pro basketball" players cant do a simple box out...

Reply #567989 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

nice foul count split, look like jervis will be enjoying the bench for much of the 2nd hlaf

Reply #567990 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Charles Jackson is the new Redhage. King flopalot

Reply #567991 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Referee must have money on NZ. No way that was two fouls on Jervis.

Reply #567992 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Ugly quarter for Perth :0

Reply #567993 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Bald headed gimp is what that referee is. No freaking idea how to ref. Go back to the junior domestic comp you idiot.

Reply #567994 | Report this post

Dave W  
Years ago

Breakers fan but not happy with Charles Jackson's flop against Jervis.

Reply #567995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

17 fouls to 7 HAHAHAH..

Reply #567996 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not saying that 7 PF's to 16 is proof of anything, but it certainly matches up with the eye test of this game so far.

Reply #567997 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats have to play against 8 while they have 5 on the court themselves. That's a hard ball game to win.

Reply #567999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same fouls they are calling on perth are let go for the breakers. It is a joke

Reply #568000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Breakers can win this one... looking good after that first quarter

Reply #568001 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not much going right for the cats

Reply #568002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bigs looked woeful chance after chance on that one possession before the Breakers came up and popped the 3. Those hurt.

Reply #568004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans get off the refs, so sad. Breakers are the better team.

Reply #568005 | Report this post

Yeah, clearly the better team when the Breakers fortunes have gone hand in hand with the refereeing of the game.

Reply #568006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If perth could hit a shot they would be infront

Reply #568007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers the better team? you gotta be kidding

Reply #568008 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

What i need right now is for Homicide Williams to pop up on the commentary. I really need someone to point out that the next few minutes of this game are crucial.

Reply #568009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IF....

The ref thing is so weak a argument for any fan base to use these days.

Reply #568010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell yeah the Breakers are better. Id rather take Perth in a playoff series than NZ any day.

Reply #568011 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats coming back when the referees decide to call a true game. That second quarter stuff was a disgrace by the refs.

Reply #568012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs fault Redhage missed the 3 and the Jackson got a cheap one at the other end too i guess. Poor blaming the refs.

Reply #568014 | Report this post

Dave W  
Years ago

Breakers started to play well again. Musst be the refs. Couldn't possibly be the players.

Reply #568016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refereeing in this league is soooo funny...what an embarrassment to the sport.

Reply #568017 | Report this post

If you don't understand how one-sided reffing that sees three of your players sitting due to foul trouble in the first half impacts your teams game, don't bother commenting.

Reply #568018 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Don't you have some sheep to screw Dave?

Reply #568019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave W I'm with you, Perth fans are so predictable. They aren't playing very well simple as that.

Reply #568020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chalmers if you dont like people not agreeing then your biased opinion, then dont comment back.

Reply #568021 | Report this post

The opposite of your retardation isn't me being biased.

Reply #568022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chalmers Webster just hit a massive 3, refs fault. Retard.

Reply #568023 | Report this post

Dave W  
Years ago

Websters hit two 3s. Bloody refs

Reply #568024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And another such poor riffing BANG!

Reply #568025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abercrombie swell, thats just bad biased reffing surely.

Reply #568026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Series is tied at 2-2 after this game both teams with 2 wins at home. Both getting all the calls at home especially the Breakers

Reply #568027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game changed in that latter bit of the 2nd qtr when the refs decided to turn into cheer leaders...

The refereeing in this league is the worst is awful...No wonder this league almost dies every year....

Reply #568028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Webster must be in the NBA next year

Reply #568029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such sore losers. The refs didn't lose this game, not being able to put up 80 on the road did.

Reply #568030 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

A true basketball fan, no matter who they follow, could say that game was well reffed

Reply #568031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its so funny how NZ are so good at home, yet absolutely TRASH on the road.

Reply #568032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, Webster NBA next year? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Reply #568033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So NZ takes the tie breaker then? (pun intended)

Reply #568034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blow out troll wins another round. But somehow I think his team lost. HAHAHA LOLOLOLOL

Reply #568035 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Breakers are 1 - 6 this year on the road - went 0 - 3 without Webster.

Reply #568037 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth outclassed there in the end. They are a bit a Jekyl and Hyde team :/

Reply #568038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers are absolutely JUNK on the road...maybe because the refs cant turn into cheer leaders for them.

Reply #568039 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

How are NZ trash on the road? 3 of their 5 losses were by 1, 3 and 6 (the other two obviously not good losses!!)

Seriously!!

Reply #568040 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

NZ has been unlucky on the road, being undermanned and going down to good opponents in very close games

Only concern for NZ was falling apart a bit offensively when Cedric was in foul trouble in the 3rd. Otherwise a strong effort and they've cemented themselves as the clear favourite over these past 2 games imo.

Reply #568042 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Before the NZB @ PER game last friday, I was of the opinion that if New Zealand stay fit, they would lose two more games for the season to finish 22-6, then be about a 70/30 chance of a 5th title.

I expected one of those two games to be that Friday night, and was right on that front. I'd kinda hoped that this might be the other one, since everybody loses at least one home game ... but unfortunately not to be.

Given we scraped in wins over them at Perth Arena, and just got utterly drilled over in New Zealand, probably going to have to revise that prediction. Still think New Zealand will lose another, but they'd have to be hot faves for the title now.

Webster and Cedric Jackson stay fit and they'll win it all.

Reply #568043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone see what happened to Damon? Is there video?

Reply #568044 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Perth were hard done by on a few calls there but welcome to what the rest of the league has put up with in Perth for years guys.

Efficient game from Abercrombie at both ends. Pledger and Jackson played great but I don't condone flopping. Jackson did well to draw attention to the first couple of hits he took and got some legit calls before he started acting like Bubbles. I like his game otherwise, he bought energy and made shots and blocked a few.

Reply #568045 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

4/17 from deep for 3 quarters, then 4/5 in the 4th. Been looking at andrewbprice's spatial jam, and that's the story of the series. Breakers averaging about 25% in the first three quarters, then >50% in the last. Clutch little buggers.

Reply #568046 | Report this post

Dave W  
Years ago

The Breakers do have to start winning on the road. Have managed to in their 4 championships in the last 5 years. The year they did poorly,(without Cedric) they got hung up by the refereeing. A bit much moaning and not enough adjusting.
They'll start winning on the road and will soon be back at full strength.
they may not win it all, but they will be thereabouts ass will Perth. They are better than they played in that game. Regardless of what you thought of the reffing, Perth were very ordinary after the first quarter.

Reply #568047 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Well, we won the first and the third quarters (the latter after digging a nice big hole for ourselves to start with) but in the 2nd and 4th, completely lost the plot.

Second quarter, okay, that was probably the height of the interesting refereeing people have been mentioning above. But the fourth quarter, only 14pts, not good enough. 31pt in the first, 17, 16, 14 after that. Just not good enough. Sure, the Breakers would have rolled us with that hot shooting streak, but our inability to score ourselves during that streak is on us.

Reply #568049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan people have been saying that os the direct reason for the Cats losing. Giving up 99 is probably the first place to look.

Reply #568050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not saying you are using that excuse, but other have, just insane. Wasn't even close, Breakers hit 4 straight 3's in the 4th.

Reply #568051 | Report this post

Anonymouse  
Years ago

Result was obvious at half time. Fouls 14 to 7.
Perth are fragile mentally, which is not surprising with their coach bleating at every call. Why is Jackson allowed to flop time and again when Vucona is warned early for less? Refs in most games seem to be really scared of the physical part of the game and the calls are so inconsistent. Jawai won't hang around this league if they don't let him play.

Reply #568052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes 6 point game and it was all over at the half. Does any Perth fan have something to say about the game that doesnt refer to putting the issue of losing on the refs. Im mean really!

Reply #568055 | Report this post

Just to be clear, no one said its the direct reason. But it definitely had impact.

Reply #568059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read back over all the ramble, pretty clear what all the faithful was eluding too. And nice to see Chalmers that you couldn't add anything than correcting someone based on your opinion as per usual. Nothing to add about the game I take it.

Reply #568060 | Report this post

You haven't added anything about the game either.

Reply #568063 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Anon
"Im not saying you are using that excuse, but other have, just insane. Wasn't even close, Breakers hit 4 straight 3's in the 4th."

Ahh.. look, refereeing has its impact. Even Rhys Carter on twitter early in the game took note of three soft fouls being called on Wagstaff and said it was a momentum changing moment, and that was before Jervis got drilled similarly in that really bad last few minutes of the second quarter (which is probably where we "lost" the game).

And the team really does have a problem with letting those kinds of reversals get them down, which needs to be sorted out.

But in any sport, no ONE THING wins or loses a game. We really let ourselves down with the poor rebounding (especially during that second quarter, we got murdered) and the dry spells.

Breakers nailing four 3's in a row was definitely brutal, though. That sort of thing does happen, of course. We did that to the Hawks in the 4th quarter of our game against them, and we were on the receiving end of it this time.

We seem to frequently have these really great starts against NZ in NZ that go wildly pear-shaped, frustrating stuff.

Reply #568068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure I have, commented on how Perth couldn't contain the Breakers from deep and couldn't manage any offense of their own, 78 wont do it. They are missing a true shooter, Perth have some vulnerabilities which is nice for the rest of the league to see. Id take the Breakers in a 3 game series.

Reply #568070 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

On the other hand, at least we didn't have a 9-31 quarter against the Crocs, like the Taipans just had. Holy crap.

Reply #568071 | Report this post

Anon, don't take credit for other anons posts. That's really ordinary.

Reply #568072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan that was well said, and even team gets on the receiving end at times, but your ride it out. Crocs wow.

Reply #568073 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

We contained New Zealand from beyond the arc fine for most of the game. They just then nailed the last 4 in a row after shooting below 25% up till that point.

They made 8/22 3pt, we made 9/21 (which hides that we went 2/7 to end it). So I wouldn't say failing to contain them from beyond the arc was the problem.

That 44-31 rebound differential, and the 28/50 2pt vs 17/49 2pt differential was the real story.

Our big guys didn't perform to the standard that they ought.

Reply #568075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You got nothing hey Chalmers. Ahh well neither did Perth tonight.

Yeah when the bigs are down they become a lot easier to maintain on offense, Knight and Jawai seemed out of sorts in spurts when they really needed to stand up and get the in and out flowing.

Reply #568079 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Great analysis Nathan.

No secret that I'm a one eyed cats fan but you cant look at those stats and say the Ref's were the reason Perth lost. Its pretty dam clear looking at those stats where the game was won and lost.

The officiating this year in general has been below par but it doesn't favor any teams in particular.

Reply #568081 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

wtf! you can't compete when you get calls like that against you on the road! Jackson must be diving all around nz!

Reply #568086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow wildcat stunk that one up big time

Reply #568087 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I said I didn't rate Perth.

CONFIRMED!!

Reply #568096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They certainly have vulnerabilities they need to sort. Good to see SOME of their fan base brought down to earth anyways.

Reply #568098 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I wonder how much Cats fans would complain when they start letting New Zealanders referee the games.

Unfortunately for them, they don't have home town refs. They fly in from Australia

Reply #568112 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

regardless of the result the refs need to get on Charles Jackson.....falls to the floor constantly then runs off with a smug grin.

Not a good look for the league.

In addition Jawai is copping a raw deal week after week cause of his size....punters want to see him play...have to look after him a bit better.

Reply #568114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a good look for the league, start with Redhage the past 10 years and work your way back!

Reply #568115 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

At least redhadge doesn't take the piss when he flops!

Reply #568116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Th entire definition of flopping is taking the piss and tricking the refs into making a call. Moron.

Reply #568117 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jawai initiates a lot of contact, I don't think he gets as hard a time as some people think. Tim Mills really had a bad night, the guy who fell for Patty Mills' flop of the century hasn't learned from that lesson!

NZ got the better of the reffing, no doubt, but they also got some howlers against them, were the aggressors drawing fouls and were definitely the better team. Jackson, Pledger and Vukona controlled the paint, Perth couldn't keep Cedric in front of them and Abercrombie and Webster were lethal.

The Wildcats have been incredible in fourth quarters this season, so it was strange to see them fall away like that, but NZ's defence did a good job of getting them out of their offence and then they cleaned the D glass very well. I'm sure Perth will learn plenty from that game.

Looking forward to the rematch in the finals and hope Damo's jaw is ok. Was quite telling the way Cedric just stopped as soon as he realised what had happened, shows the great level of respect he has for Damo.

Reply #568126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupid to even be out there yet playing! I mean he was hardly touched and had a freak out something bad had happend. Too soon, next time it could rebreak and cause longer term issues.

Reply #568131 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Hardly touched"? It dislodged a wire that was glued to his teeth.

Reply #568133 | Report this post

Jawai was allegedly racially abused by a member of the crowd. Just waiting for the league to investigate how this affects Melbourne's liveability ranking.

Reply #568134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz exactly my point, was hardly touched and look at the damage it caused. Next time Martin could be absorbing major contact and it could be a lot worse.

Reply #568135 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Flop party

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5sip69SMpTw&feature=youtu.be

Not the reason the cats lost. But pretty terrible reffing to fall for it twice.

Reply #568136 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

That flopping is disgraceful.

Reply #568137 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Any flopping is shit.

Reply #568143 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Pretty pissed off that someone apparently yelled racist comments at Nathan Jawai whilst on the bench last night.
Hopefully if true the offender is pointed out and banned.

No need for that crap.

Reply #568147 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

RMQ you do realise Knight flopped in that same video? Yeah didn't think so.

I am fine with the first call. Jervis went into Jackson and it should have been a foul there but referees let it continue but when there was more contact even that it was minimal they called it.

Knights non call was a flop.

Jackson's second call was a flop.

Aylen loves to give flopping warnings (Even when sometimes they aren't), so a bit surprised he wasn't calling them. Either way with both Aylen AND Mayberry out there it was always going to be a poorly officiated game.

Reply #568150 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

An update here on the racism claims. The NBL refs coach who sits behind the visitors bench reportedly told the Breakers he heard no racist comments in the exchange between fans and Jawai.

Breakers also speaking to all members who sit in the vicinity, and awaiting formal complaint from Perth with more details.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/74685382/new-zealand-breakers-investigating-racial-abuse-claims-from-perth-wildcats

Reply #568152 | Report this post

My thoughts at the time were the same as when Eddie McGuire didn't like someone getting stuck in to Krakouer, so he decided the criticism was "borderline racist" which means nothing. I don't think anything will come from this.

Reply #568157 | Report this post

Of course he realises Knight flopped. The point was, how do the refs fall for flopping/minimal contact on one end but not the other...let alone the fact they didn't appear to give Knight a warning.

Reply #568165 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Fans making racists remarks to players when there is players of the same colour on their own team makes absolutely no sense.

Racist people are idiots and the scum of our society.

Reply #568166 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Of course he realises Knight flopped. The point was, how do the refs fall for flopping/minimal contact on one end but not the other...let alone the fact they didn't appear to give Knight a warning.
Knight did get a flop warning, you can hear the PA announcer mention it after the Jervis "foul".

Reply #568309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:04 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754