Checka
Years ago

Big V SCM w/o Melbourne, Melton promoted??

Will Melton be promoted up to SCM no that Melbourne Tiger are moving into SEABL for next year?

Topic #38591 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would assume they would be promoted. Certainly good enough and now there is a spot vacant.

From a fixturing point of view would be easier as Big V have already announced that they will have conferences in SCM with D1M going to a straight division. Would also make it possible for D1M to have conferences if they wanted to.
No Brainer really

Reply #568175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just combine all the div's together and have 4 conferences, it's all much of a muchness now anyway.

Reply #568190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't happen. Anderson and Sewell are incompetent. Both need to be replaced. Just having no knowledge of Melbourne leaving the league when everyone else knew proves they don't have their fingers on the pulse.

Reply #568372 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

I HATE CONFERENCES !!!!

Reply #568400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love conferences.

Reply #568480 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Conferences make sense if you have a large number of teams in a comp I dare say anything over 12-13 teams needs to consider a split.

I think the maximum number of games you could play would in a regular season should be 24 (13 team comp that has you playing everyone twice). you can not have some teams playing some twice and some once in a straight up comp.

Reply #568531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear the move to SEABL has been confirmed?

Who will Big V promote if not Melton?

Reply #569488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No-one being promoted.

Reply #569528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor form Big V

Reply #569530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Melton a chance

Reply #569536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have been reliably informed that SCM comp will lose another team next season with the Sherbrooke Suns unable to field a team due to recent player departures.

Might be why Melton & Casey are not being considered for promotion, then again the lateness of this news may see both teams reconsidered for promoted with the loss of the Tigers & Suns.

Very interesting times for Big V !!

Reply #569757 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Some talk Sherbrooke SCM may be in trouble, nothing solid just heard a little talk...

Reply #569759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#nobredlyfe

Reply #569761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard that Bulleen are considering dropping down to D1m due to players leaving. A couple of players will be playing in the new Tigers SEABL team.

Reply #569776 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Heard the same talk re Sherbrooke. It'll be interesting to see how many teams end up in State Champ, looking like no conferences needed just yet (which is a positive IMO).

Reply #569798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleem have lost 4 starters to retirement or tigers SEABL so they gonna struggle to field a competitive team.

Reply #569830 | Report this post

Q  
Years ago

Will Bulleen drop out all together or just drop to D1M?

Reply #569917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754