Anonymous
Years ago

Where's Blanchfield???

Haven't seen him since the 1st townsville game, has anybody seen him?

Topic #38598 | Report this topic

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Made a mistake Basketball wise going to United imo.

Reply #568413 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Big mistake as far as his career development goes, but must be nice not worrying about getting paid. Just about anywhere else would've been a better decision, though.

Reply #568417 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

May ultimately cost him his possible chance at Boomers 2016.

The Crocs financial insecurity and overall precariousness must be concerning, but damn if you could get over that it's a fantastic place to play IMO. If i was young and wanted to show what I could do i wouldn't hesitate.

Every week we get to see what the likes of Norton, Steindl, Kay, Young etc can do and it's great.

Reply #568419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been a massive disappointment

Reply #568420 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

MACDUB agree 100x, and I really enjoy watching Townsville play this year. Great place for young guys to make a name for yourself, but for more established guys looking for some stability and/or on-court success.... it would be a tough decision, no matter how much you love Townsville.

Reply #568425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

personally doesn't fit this team, doesn't get enough shots and theres no plays ran for him, in townsville dennis got him looks. Theres not enough balls in the United.

Reply #568430 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

In a team that has such hot outside shooters it is difficult for the rat of the team to be involved. When it becomes about getting the ball to Kickert and Goulding it takes away free play and thinking and locks other players out of what they can bring. Blanchfield would have been a great fit for Adelaide but we have Ebi and thats working out reasonably well but ashamed to not pick up Todd with his your and athleticism as he would have been a good runner alongside DJ and Matty.

Reply #568452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting paid 3 times what Townsville were able to offer to him and actually winning games will probably make him sleep ok at night, although if he doesn't become a major focus of their offense next season I see him moving on.

Reply #568474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Counting his money

Reply #568475 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

The lack of structure in United's offence seems to hurt him he gets very few touches especially with scoring guards like Holt and Goulding.United appear to free lance a lot as well they don't seem to run many sets at all

Reply #568497 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's standing in the corner.

Reply #568510 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Right on paul.

Blanchfield had two great games to start the season, but he's not assertive enough. No, they don't run plays for him but he can still take the game on much more so than he's doing right now.

Reply #568516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did you have to raise this now?! He will now light up the 36ers on Sunday - thanks a lot!

Reply #568534 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Re Townsville : I don't think he will be a star but I like the way Maynard plays, that kid has heart and determination and Djeric could be a star in this league so Townsville are producing all the time... When they turn up.

I think we had this conversation before the season started and I made the point that Blanchfield and Barlow wouldn't be able to co-exist on court and Barlow has been injured all year so we haven't had that problem and it's been fortunate for United that Blanchfield is there or they'd have Hadziomerivic playing the 3!

This season is doing zero for the development of Blanchfield as everything he could do in a Crocs jersey he has done at United just less noticably.

I hate seeing our star locals go to Europe but I think it would be best if Todd got himself out of the situation he is in and atleast gave himself a chance to get noticed again by Andrej

Reply #569000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754