Jumpshot
Years ago

Kings vs Taipans Dec 4

This game is interesting. The Kings can show us what a new coach can do for the club or be the same old Violet Crumbles.

Kings have the weapons to win this if they play with the same intensity as the Hawks last night. Bevo has done a great job with the Hawks - players playing with great confidence and defensive intensity. They remind me of Perth.

Taipans will be hungry for a win at home.

Kings by 4.

Topic #38600 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ill take the Kings. The extra time for Childress to be reintroduced and get his cardio up will help. Think they will lift for Cotter too. Plus you know, the Taipans are shite at the moment. Showed such minimal intensity against the Crocs.

Reply #568558 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Teams don't usually have two shockers in a row, so I'll go Taipans, esoecially as Sydney don't seem capable of the defence Adelaide and Townsville used to disrupt Cairns.

The Kings do have a good record in the far north though.

Reply #568560 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I'll take a bottle of rum and a handful of xanax. I can't choose anything but Orange.

Reply #568564 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Can't see Cns losing 2 in a row at home. They need to just come out with hustle and intensity early. Reckon Starks and Gliddon could be the difference makers.

Reply #568593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

now cns play good

Reply #568778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Lozza get a coaching gig.

Since when do the assistants use Spalding paraphernalia when they the NBL uses Wilson?

Reply #568779 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Kings being cruelled by dumb turnovers once again

Reply #568784 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Haha, that Kings coach is going nuts on the sideline.

Throwing his towell on the ground on that Carter missed layup

Reply #568785 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Carter couldn't score on a hula hoop

Reply #568786 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Childress hand looks injured again. He has been struggling this game and continues to hold his hand

Reply #568787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon is playing garbage basketball this week.

Reply #568788 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Childress didn't return after half time. There is something seriously wrong again with that hand

Reply #568792 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

That foul called on Brandt was the single worst call ive ever seen on a basketball court

Result - Kings 2 points gets taken away.

Absolutely rubbish.

Reply #568793 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

What a BS call...Wortho clearly pulled Brandt.

Reply #568795 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Its simple physics, how the hell does a player commit a foul when he is the one who falls on his back and with Wortho with his arms clearly around him.

Reply #568796 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Feel sorry for Prewster trying to defend Craig on the post.

With the way NBL refs officiate, you literally can't do anymore than what he did. Put your hands up as high as possible and hope he misses.

Reply #568798 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

What the hell is Garlepp doing today? PG all of a sudden.

Have the Kings just thought "stuff it"; this coach won't be here in a few weeks, lets just go out and jack shots..i know they've had a tendency to throw up junk but there's even more going up tonight

Reply #568799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Russell is straight garbage as a play by play caller.

Reply #568800 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

MACDUB I doubt it was the worst call but it was bad. The woman referee massively stuffed up, she had the right call and then the other referee came and said it was a moving screen then she just froze and agreed.

Some bad calls favouring Cairns however Sydney have looked terrible so they deserve to lose

Reply #568801 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

How would Conklin fit with Sydney if Childress goes down?

Reply #568802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must say as a long time Kings fans the last 5 mins of play were terrible. Nothing to do with Cotter or this dickhead coaching now, the Kings will win the spoon. Easily. Totally inept.

Reply #568806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell Harrington to put down the twinkies and get back to Sydney for another run.

Reply #568807 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Conklin would make the team a lot more balanced. Sydney really have to stop with this Garlapp experiment. He works hard but he disadvantages them by starting. Off the bench he would add value

Reply #568808 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Was Khazzouh a good player once? Because he is truly dreadful. As is Carter. Kings easily the worst team in the league.

Good to see Loughton produce a decent game given his struggles.

Reply #568812 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

KingJames, but yeah that's why it was so horrible.

Both refs saw it, both had the opportunity to consult and they still couldn't get it right.

Thats why its such a bad call. I can forgive a ref whistling something off a split second decision and running with it (unless its a clanger) But when two refs have a moment to confer and discuss and they still get it drastically wrong it is very bad.

Reply #568813 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Good question Scooch, I was wondering if I was misremembering but I thought Khazzoug was in the MVP race last time he played out here. Now he is like a homeless man's Pero Antic.

Kings have been completely awful. Only bright spot is Brandt getting a few buckets in limited playing time.

Reply #568816 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Was Khazzouh a good player once? Because he is truly dreadful."

That is a stupid comment. The guy had a bad game tonight and you want to rate him on that! He is averaging 15 ppg at a high percentage and 7 rebounds on a shit team that isn't making it easy for him.

Reply #568818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Connelly has absolutely no idea. Can someone tell me what it was the Kings were running tonight? Or whether they know what the word defence means? He looks like one of those high school coaches who is all about the rah rah stuff and wouldn't know Xs and Os if they bit him on the ass.

Blaming Cotter for this debacle is a joke. This is totally on management - Tim Hudson and the ownership monkeys - for putting together this abortion of a team with the softest player in the league in Khazzouh, no real point guard to speak of and barely a single player who plays D or rebounds. Childress looks incredibly brittle and putting all their eggs in that basket has backfired spectacularly.

Reply #568819 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Khazzouh isn't helped by the fact that he has guys like Carter, Cadee, Garlepp, Thornton throwing up rubbish

When he gets fee he is effective but the Kings (guards in particular) prefer the hero shots.

Reply #568826 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

When he gets fed*

Reply #568827 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Kings were an early favourite and their first game, if we can recall it, was awesome. Since then their injuries and whatever else can go wrong, seem to have gone wrong.

Now, they did what organisations that panic usually do, they sacrifice the coach, well how is that working for them?

Sadly, things can just go wrong, but losing faith in your decision at the start for reasons out of his control seems to have been a knee jerk reaction, something I an not fond of.

Reply #568834 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Give me a break KingJames. Khazzouh checked out six games ago. His body language is horrible and his game has fallen off a cliff.

Still trying to work out why Sydney played so much zone when they kept getting burnt by it.

Reply #568856 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Worst half-court shot ever.

Reply #568869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings try and play zone because to many of there players can't mark one on one.
Brandt got no lateral movement, kazzu is soft and there guards won't defend and just chuck up threes.

Reply #568883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Childress tonight? Not many minutes?

Reply #568932 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

I'd hate to be Connelly's towel right now!!!!! Good energy and good times outs. Like the fact that he is playing Brandt and Hill more. If Childress has some season ending injuries, he needs to step aside for another import.

Reply #568948 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

You sitting down Podge, because I'm about to give Fearne some credit.
I thought the exchange between he and Starks on the sideline in the third quarter I think it was - where he explained to him he needed him to be more vocal - was an excellent example of leadership. Fearne was calm, explained himself well, didn't labour the point or be overly critical. For mine, great coaching starts with great leadership and I think that's Fearne's achilles heel. That was an impressive exchange.

I also thought it really added to the coverage. Not sure who was mic'd up or how they captured that sound bite but I'd much rather more of that than, say, ref cam!!

Reply #569008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #569030 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

All the coaches are mic'd, have been all season.

Reply #569119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow gosh that's great snooch... oh wait it's too late season is over for them

Reply #569402 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Wow suprised me Snooch - what wasn't a surprise was Fearne's words. That's how he coaches.

Reply #569569 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm amused snooch thinks it's more likely Fearne's only done that sort of thing once, and the mics just happened to pick it up and the director just happened to stick with it, than that Fearne does that all the time and this one just happens to have made it to broadcast.

Reply #569621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754