Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 9

Fri: SYD-ADL, DAN-PER, TSV-BEN
Sat: UCC-SYD, MEL-PER
Sun: ADL-DAN, SEQ-BEN

Another big test for Perth with a Victorian road double. Hopefully we can at least split it.
Good chance for Sydney to reclaim top spot with games against the 2 bottom sides.

Topic #38601 | Report this topic

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Go the Flames!

Reply #568569 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Rangers will be live streaming their game vs Perth tonight too

Reply #568575 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ Thanks for the heads up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XytSfSie68

Reply #568577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive win for Adelaide tonight !

Reply #568940 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Holy cow :O

Had a glimpse at the score while at the Cats game, and in my head it registered as Sydney thrashing the Lightning. Great team effort to smash the Flames on the boards like that. Grabbing Standish has been an absolute master stroke. 26 points tonight @ 78%!

Reply #568952 | Report this post

Solomun Tulum mix  
Years ago

form player

Reply #568963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide played excellent defence and the offence was outstanding against Sydney. Can they back up and make it two from two against Dandenong?

Reply #569050 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Crazy results last night. All 3 games.

Reply #569098 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I didn't expect Perth to win that one but the other 2 ... wow ... there are no certain wins this season but you don't expect the favourites to get hammered like that.
Wouldn't want to be in a WNBL tipping comp this season!

Reply #569104 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

I only thought the Adelaide/Sydney game was completely surprising.

Bendigo beat Townsville comfortably in Round 1, no reason for it not to occur again.

Dandy at home beating Perth, while wasn't going to be easy, wasn't hugely surprising either.

Reply #569121 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Great effort by the Lynx to bounce back today with a win over Melbourne :)

Tessa 21, Sami 19

Reply #569189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide win again . Huge come from behind

Reply #569344 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

this round has had some interesting results teams winning you wouldnt think would against others very hard to pick this season

Reply #569350 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Very cool that the Lightning came back from a 17 point deficit to win it. Hope there's footage of Leilani's buzzer beater somewhere.
Big weekend for Bendigo too, hanging on today to go 2-0 in Qld.

SEQ extends their losing streak to 4.

Reply #569365 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not the greatest view, but the only one I've seen so far:
Leilani FTW
https://twitter.com/samtugwell_15/status/673388906943877120

Reply #569383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a even season the competition is this year (bar Canberra). Adelaide is capable of beating anyone, they have 4 more wins than I thought they would get this year and have plenty more left in them.

Pity there is still no tv coverage.

I heard Erin Phillips is training with the lightning which will only help develop their young group. She can't play as she is still tied to SEQ.

Reply #569428 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

Here is the video of Leilani Mitchell game winning shot from todays game. https://www.facebook.com/simon.crowden.5/videos/10156594144150221/?l=2792469480659407626

Reply #569440 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

For those that watch a lot of the Sydney Flames can someone give me an objective opinion on whether Kate Seebohm sister of Flames Coach (Shannon)is adding value to the Flames? Put it this way would any other WNBL team pick her up as a back up PG if she was cut by the Flames?

Reply #569660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seebohm probably wouldn't get picked up but what you need to understand there isn't enough money in WNBL budgets to pay everyone so you need to have some
bench players that cost you nothing

Reply #569663 | Report this post

finals995  
Years ago

Kate Seebohm has major speed and hustle, quick hands and good Bball IQ. She well and truly warranted inclusion in the Flames squad last season due to a classy Waratah Championship Finals series after an outstanding year with the Championship winning Hornsby team 2 years back. Last ABA season I think she was expected to shoulder more point production responsibilities and was growing into that role relatively well.

It's a hard assignment to be a WNBL back-up pg, especially for a young player. Her opportunities have been scarce and the expectation is always to come on cold and instantly produce. But the skill-set is there IMO. Despite the challenges she's shown great commitment and character, it's a pleasure to watch players like Kate develop.

Reply #569882 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754