Anonymous
Years ago

Townsville sign Bryce Dejean Jones

As above, another shooting guard!!

Topic #38606 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Pelicans released him, interesting history if you bother too google. He is 6-6ish I was told, so pretty big SG by NBL standards.

Reply #568689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know him lol, hence why I got the info...

Reply #568691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why are TSV trying? are they not folding?

Reply #568692 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No everyone thinks they are folding but the team us using Conklins money to stay competitive and hopefully continue to win games. They have a pretty nice run of home games to close the season and besides this round a lot of solo game rounds to leave it all on the court so to speak. You never do know, and until they are out, they will compete as though they are in!

Reply #568693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source of the signing?

Reply #568695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah I guess you shouldn't listen to the general concensus on here most have no idea

Reply #568696 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

This is the name i heard, not sure it's signed sealed and delivered but 100% the name I heard. Not sure if the anon who posted can clarify.

Reply #568701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have told us earlier Kobe. No point mentioning it now.

Reply #568704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wake me up when there is proof. Thanks

Reply #568705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol at Kobe

Reply #568707 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would believe Kobe24 on this one. If you'd prefer to wait for an official announcement, go read NBL.com.au instead of Hoops.

Reply #568713 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac, I was told not to break it as it was not a guarantee, and low and behold I respect my sources more than a bunch of anon's. Anyways whoever started the thread is on to something is what I'm saying. Interestingly they have now disappeared.

Reply #568719 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

LOL!

You should probably all know that Bryce Dejean Jones is a JOKE

I AM NOT SAYING THERE IS ANY CREDIBILITY TO THIS OPINION

Seriously why would he even come to this UNCOMPETITIVE LEAGUE

I heard it was his recently his birthday and when he saw the candles on his cake all he wanted to do was BLOWOUT all of them...LOL!

What if he is really good? The Crocs might win some games by a LARGE MARGIN which would be CRAP

Reply #568721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not going to reveal my sources for this post, my intentions are to give you a heads up on a signing. If you don't believe it that is totally up to you lol. Sit on your phone and watch nbl.com.au and wait til next week for the proof haha

Reply #568728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel free to eat a big back of dicks if you are wrong Luuuc

Reply #568729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I started the post kobe24, Crocs were chasing a big and looked at imports currently contracted to the SEABL but a team like the crocs would be crazy not to take the best Player currently on the market, which is exactly what they have done. The contract was signed earlier today.

Reply #568730 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OP/anon, Luuuc is just imitating some goon - don't take it seriously.

Reply #568731 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well I appreciate the offer anyway.
Will be a nice treat compared to the snack size bags of dicks I usually limit myself to.

Reply #568734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you mean bite size

Reply #568739 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Who's I?

Reply #568750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't be shy Luuuc

Reply #568754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys a scoring points machine - so that makes sense for the crocs as they need scoring
Would play sf and perhaps some Sg in the Nbl splitting time with clint

Reply #568766 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Very good player. Questionable fit though.

Jett will be 6th man and Henry will have to cover 4 by the looks of it?

Norton/Maynard
DeJean Jones/Jett
Steindl/Djeric
Kay/Henry
Young/Schenscher

Reply #568769 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hopefully not splitting too much time with Clint.
I like the sound of both at once.

Reply #568770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love splitting clints.

Reply #568771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks kobe for the clarification. So you know how an anon has disappeared? Serious?

Reply #568776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big thin at the 4/5 spots unless schenscher gets healthy
I guess Harry froling gets some more burn also but at 6-6 jones could even play small lineup at Sf

Dennis subs like crazy so they will be a few minutes to go round

Reply #568781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs embracing small ball. Like it. Are crocs under new management this year? I like the boldness of the move to sack conk and move in this direction. Their offense is also very modern. Props to pat reidy(?) and co

Reply #568797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds good

I always thought they lacked a scoring, athletic swingman, so hopefully he can be that and also be an excitement machine to help draw the crowds.

Im keeen to see how he goes, sounds like the right type of player imo

I wish the 6ers went after guys like this

I spose Kay, Young will get plenty of mins at pf/c this season which im all for

Good to see some young talent getting some good court time

Reply #568962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously though, there is no confirmation whatsoever of this, so what are we getting pumped up about.

Reply #568971 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm getting pumped up because Kay and Young are getting court time, responsibility and being told to go out there and build on the respect they have earned around the league so far.

It's what Brandt was told to do with Sydney last year and whilst he was pretty good against Cairns tonight, he hasn't been good this season but the last time Khazzouh was in the NBL he had nobody backing him up.

What this does is give these players confidence to work on their game actually during the game and if Townsville do decide to go after a Markell Gladness for example again then we feel that due to what is happening right now that Townsville are deeper.

That's got me pumped... If we get to witness a stud import too then that is great but I hope Steindl doesn't go into his shell because his role changes, that boy is a star in the making and my favourite player to watch.

Reply #568997 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pojb034Lo7M
Highlights

Reply #569137 | Report this post

Jethroo  
Years ago

according to a player on the team this deal has fallen through at the last minute.

Crocs will continue looking

Reply #569421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Omar Samhan is in Oz and a natural scorer...

Reply #569673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754