Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Adelaide CBD office space in Halifax Street - 2 desks left, suit creatives - designers, social media, etc. Info

Isaac
Two years ago

Boti: Hawks are considering Conklin

I'm at the pub and too lazy to HTML a link so head to Boti's site for his story. He says they could use some power at power forward but are happy with their current team chemistry.

Report this topic

natwhereyouat
Two years ago
17:53 4 Dec 15

Reply #568732

re: Boti: Hawks are considering Conklin

Someone needs to be cut and Bevo doesn't want to do that. So it will come down to ownership if it happens.

Report this post

alexkrad
Two years ago
17:57 4 Dec 15

Reply #568735

How many points do they need to free up?

Chemistry aside Conk in for Davidson is a no brainer with his form this season

Report this post

Luuuc
Two years ago
17:59 4 Dec 15

Reply #568736

Seems like the type of player who could slot in without much disruption. If Hawks can afford it then I kinda like the idea.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
18:01 4 Dec 15

Reply #568737

Hawks going to be hot with a second import.

Report this post

natwhereyouat
Two years ago
18:05 4 Dec 15

Reply #568741

Points aren't the issue. Mainly $ and coaching staff willing to go through a roster change and mgt wanting to make a change, potentially going through another Gruber fiasco.

I know from outside of the Illa, the Gruber move didn't seem like a drastic move, however a lot of fans were turned off from that move and stopped coming to games. Some have slowly started to come back this season, but do you want to make the same mistake and turn more fans off?

In saying that - I'm all for it.

Report this post

Train
Two years ago
18:10 4 Dec 15

Reply #568746

Do the Hawks really need another former NBL MVP :P

If they snared Conklin that would be 3 former MVP's and a likely 4th in Ogilvy. Crazy stuff.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
18:16 4 Dec 15

Reply #568749

maybe then they won't choke down the stretch vs wildcats finally

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
18:44 4 Dec 15

Reply #568757

Don't they only have 9 active players ?

Report this post

koberulz
Two years ago
18:45 4 Dec 15

Reply #568759

1. Martin
2. Lisch
3. Penney
4. Forman
5. Ogilvy
6. Davidson
7. Coenraad
8. Weeks
9. White
10. Ellis

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
18:53 4 Dec 15

Reply #568763

Cut white

Starting five

Martin
Lisch
Penny
Conklin
Ogilvy

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:13 4 Dec 15

Reply #568772

That Jackson that was with United has proven he can come in, not disrupt things and add value.

I'm not sure of what Conklin brings to the table when he isn't having an offense ran through him.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:16 4 Dec 15

Reply #568773

Conklin, on form, is a game winner. Depending on price/points, I'd swap him for Davidson any day.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:18 4 Dec 15

Reply #568774

Davidson is past it get rid of him

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:28 4 Dec 15

Reply #568775

Scary to think Hawks may have 3 former league mvps in the starting five, then with AJ a possible winner this season, all they will need then is to resign them and naturalise both Lisch and conk then get rotnei Clark back, then they will have an all starting 5 of mvps lol, one can only dream.

Report this post

MACDUB
Two years ago
20:02 4 Dec 15

Reply #568789

As much as i used to dislike White's game, people should give him credit. He has played really well this year and shown his value. Dare i say it he has sparked some of Hawks better runs this year with his defence.

I would like to see Hawks keep their current roster. They look like they are starting to gel. Everything that glitters aint always gonna shine..adding an MVP sounds great but in reality I think he could take Ogilvy's space away.

Report this post

LV
Two years ago
20:49 4 Dec 15

Reply #568814

Conklin in for Davidson would improve them but not as much as the difference between those two individuals. Davidson is still a much better fit.

If they go the second import route, I'd like to see someone who is big, powerful and athletic and a rim protector.

Imagine slotting Ibekwe into their back up Centre spot, for example.

Report this post

LV
Two years ago
20:51 4 Dec 15

Reply #568815

Or Gladness.

But having said all that, I like the continuity they have, that fits with the community feel. I'd hate to see Davidson cast out mid season (even though he doesn't really have it anymore).

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
20:57 4 Dec 15

Reply #568817

I was on here hating on White under an anon account for years....

Although he went down to Hobart and did well in the SEABL (i thought he'd get found out) and he has continued that through the start of the nbl.

Fair play to him. He stuck it out through some tough times and improved.

Report this post

NBL Fan
Two years ago
23:29 4 Dec 15

Reply #568935

Fans wouldn't be happy if they cut Big Laz, a bit of a cult hero. He's only a few games behind Geordie McLeod in games played as well.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
23:46 4 Dec 15

Reply #568949

Larry has been a lot better these past couple of games

Report this post

proud
Two years ago
05:53 5 Dec 15

Reply #569002

I'd suggest he train with them but Conklin's spacial awareness this season with his elbows have been a bit suspect but I think a few training sessions could show what he could provide.

I like the idea of Foreman not feeling comfortable as he has been more hiding in plain sight than Blanchfield this season in many games and I understand that he's shot production has to go down due to superior options around him but when he isn't providing space for Ogilvy to operate in the paint and knocking down threes then what is he doing?

He seems a fairly hopeless defender and with Garlepp as the worst rebounding power forwards in the league, he provides next to no rim protection, I think people overlook Oscar's deficiencies quite a lot and if he feels like he has to prove himself each night to get 15 minutes then that could be what he needs.

Report this post

AngusH
Two years ago
08:55 5 Dec 15

Reply #569014

White has looked much better with Illawarra than he did in Sydney. Shooting the three with confidence. I still think his D is more reputation than actual effectiveness, though.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
10:14 5 Dec 15

Reply #569034

If they are worried about back lash replacing Davidson, couldnt they just replace Cody Ellis with Conklin/a import??

Report this post

Wilson Sting
Two years ago
10:27 5 Dec 15

Reply #569036

Yes, i would have though Ellis is the most vulnerable.

Report this post

Kobe24
Two years ago
11:31 5 Dec 15

Reply #569052

Best way to deal with fan backlash is to win. Id be cutting Davidson for Conklin in heart beat, make a title run and the fans will come. Its a business after all, I mean its not like your kicking a mate off the social ball team! In the games I've seen, i haven't noticed Larry Davidson doing much of anything at this stage of his career. Conklin could be a great upgrade which is hard to achieve in the NBL with no trades allowed etc

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
20:06 6 Dec 15

Reply #569395

not sure if can trust this as Boti sources nowadays downright suck

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:34 7 Dec 15

Reply #569672

With you on this one Kobe24, Davidson doesn't contribute and is an obvious liability on the court.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Green 61

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 pm, Sat 24 Jun 2017 | Posts: 662,918 | Last 7 days: 435