Train
Years ago

Damian Martin

I'll probably cop some flack for starting this thread but stuff it, the guy is worthy of it. His defence tonight was inspirational, I was up off my chair with his efforts.

Heres a guy that had his face smashed in and jaw broken a month ago, cops a whack and loses wiring 3 nights ago and then comes out and plays a huge role in tonight win against the 36ers.

You can't put a price on this guys worth, the Cats are a far greater team with him on the court.

Topic #38611 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Train, the guy is a gun, he is humble and that alone makes I'm likeable. Automatic game changer type, gives you '90's import' type difference. Lucky to have him.

Reply #568970 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Its not easy being a likeable player when your playing for Perth but he does well lol

Reply #568972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks fans no doubt drooling watching that game knowing they'll have him there next season

Reply #568973 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Because every superstar wants to go play for a team thats been to zero playoffs in a row ? ;)

Reply #568974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome player can't wait to see him and matt knight next year in Hawks gear

Reply #568975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do think enough seasons have passed from where "he never complains" that the commentators can't seriously say it anymore. It was true once. It's true anymore.

Reply #568977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo is not leaving Perth. You can take that to the bank.

Reply #568978 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well if he stays it'll be Damo taking it to the bank! ;)

Reply #568979 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Matty is about to have baby #2 and is settled so can't see that happening. Nor can I see Damo leaving.

Reply #568988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terribly unsettling for toddlers moving cities, having to make new friends at creche, packing up all the toys and little golden books, changing finger paint suppliers. Bugger dad who wants to go play for a coach he respects and trusts.

Reply #568991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would anyone in their right mind leave a super club like Perth which has a guranteed 12 thousand a night turnout, is a playoffs guaranteed team every year for a team like the Hawks who could go under at any minute?

Reply #568994 | Report this post

Yeah Per suks, everyone is going to leave because they pay everyone too much money and cheat
and because the refs are all on the take
and because Gleeson sucks and only wun cos he had Ennis...

Maybe the above could be permanently added to the Hoops footer, to save the hassle of posting it in every thread.

Reply #568995 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I wonder if his Dream Team value has dropped... I'll have to grab him next Round.

Truly awesome and it made me think that yes he has been injured but surely with performances like that he has to still be in defensive player of the year conversation?

I hope Damo wins the Damien Martin award for the 6th year in a row... Or so that next year?

Reply #568999 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Gleeson was the one who gave DAMO a spot on the boomers team, they have a great relationship.

Reply #569005 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Damo playing super basketball under Gleeson.

Reply #569009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's a bit like last season when someone guaranteed Worthington wasn't going anywhere as well.

Reply #569011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin is greater than Gibbo...should be on the Boomers in his place!

Reply #569054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's that about 12000 a night turnout? crowd looked pretty ordinary on tv last night from what I could see. if last season was 12000 then last night was lucky to be 8000

Reply #569055 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Wonder if Lemanis taking Bullets role will open up for Bevo who will be out of contract to slide into the Boomers gig he has been dreaming about for 10 years instead of coaching the constant threat of voluntary administration Hawks..

Reply #569069 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Anon #569055, TV doesnt pick up the top 2/3 of the arena, the stadium holds about 14,000 if they open up the heavens at the 'away' end, most people sit high as they are the cheaper seats. when we moved from Challenge the Cats offered members 'equivelant' seats which were shit, the seats you see on the telecast are about $100 each

Reply #569116 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"what's that about 12000 a night turnout? crowd looked pretty ordinary on tv last night from what I could see. if last season was 12000 then last night was lucky to be 8000"

Perth haven't had a game under 10k this season. Average about 10500..., no where near 8000. Still a great number considering the prices they are charging and the games are live in fox and NBL live app

Reply #569155 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Definitely a thin crowd last night IMO. Surely not 10k? I'm not saying it was Crocs-like, there were still plenty of people there, but lots of empty seats scattered throughout.
To be expected in the Xmas season I guess.

Reply #569164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never been a guy like him. Has long arms but it's his sheer determination that makes him what he is.

If he doesn't win DPOTY again something is wrong because he is in God tier.

Reply #569205 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Good ol Hawks comments, maybe Kev,Bevo & a few other players want a championship... they'll be coming to Perth !!

Reply #569209 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

As for the crowd,
it's christmas party season...

Reply #569211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754