Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers medal chance gets a boost

ESPN are predicting Kobe will play on to finish his retirement at the Olympics. This is great news for Australia's medal chances and we can only hope that he does decide to go forth with this.

Topic #38614 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They give out medals for finishing 6-8th do they

Reply #569022 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I'd take Kobe as a boomer over any Aussie currently eligible. Get this hate out of here

Reply #569026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something wrong with the OP. Boomers will finish 7th or 8th.

Reply #569031 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I think our prospects are better than 6-8, but we never seem to live up to our potential. The world cup was a woeful performance outside of one good game against Lithuania.

Reply #569035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would take Kobe over any Australian in the team at the moment.
That's why they don't take nuffies as selectors of Olympic teams mate.
Pretty simple really

Reply #569038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rid of lemanis as a coach and the boomers might have a chance. He is a pathetic coach.

Reply #569093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rubbish coaching and wrong selections such as martin, newley,
goulding, gibson means we have no chance.

Reply #569094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We don't have a chance with lemanis coaching.

Reply #569099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fingers crossed for...

Delly/lisch
Mills/broekhoff/Goulding
Simmons/ingles
Motum/Anderson
Bogut/baynes/ogilvy

But most likely...

Delly/Gibson
Mills/broekhoff/Goulding
Ingles/Newley
Motum/Anderson/bairstow
Bogut/baynes

Reply #569100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk about dumb, does the OP really think the US are pinning they're hopes on Kobe to carry their team. His value is immeasurable in terms of setting standards and making sure the rest follow, just like Kidd in the past.
Is having him on the team really going to drag Lebron, Curry etc down to the boomers level. Hes playing like crap this season but do you think hes not going to prepare and be in the best shape, he'll start coz coach K loves him but won't play major minutes. And you've still got Spain, France, etc to contend with.
OP, you have no idea about basketball.

Reply #569108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah Kobe would be the same he has been this year - no leadership, no chemistry and jacking up shots when better options are available.

Reply #569126 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

If Kobe makes the team it's for veteran leadership and a few minutes a game. Having one old guy and one rookie at the 11 and 12 spots makes sense for team USA because they're less likely to get upset at the lack of playing time

From a completely bias personal point of view I hope he's in the team as I have tickets to the gold medal game, so I'd get to see his last ever elite game (likely)

Reply #569217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Veteran leadership". From Kobe. Lol

Reply #569230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confusing topic OP. if Lemanis was sacked that would be the boost we needed

Reply #569393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754