Jack Toft
Years ago

Crocs v Breakers, Dec 5

A Conk-less Crocs host the Breakers in what a lot of people are probably thinking the Breakers will take out easy - where's "blowout troll" when you need them?

Despite ladder positions, Crocs are reasonable at home and have some big name scalps so far this season. Breakers and "Brokers" on the road with a record of 1/5.

Mmmm, I reckon Crocs with a massive chance tonight, but NZ in pretty good form so I am expecting them them to squeeze past the snappy Crocs.

Topic #38621 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Go Crocs !!! ;)
I tipped NZ on this but Crocs have some serious athletiscm and youth, they have also shown they can be giant killers this year beating Perth twice and taking United to the wire..... Who knows what can happen in this match.

Breakers are winners thoughand experience SHOULD get them home comfortably.

Reply #569153 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

28-15 at the end of the 1st to NZ.
Steindl with a nice dunk but Abercrombie got him back with a clean block later in the quarter.Ced Jackson getting to the rim at will and Townsville struggling to guard Charles Jackson.

Reply #569162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane MacDonald is awful

Reply #569165 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Crocs should not be this close.

Reply #569168 | Report this post

DaAnswer  
Years ago

About as awful as NZ FT%, disgraceful!

Reply #569169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like to second my previous post on MacDonald.

Reply #569170 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Yeah NZ GM Richard Clarke will surely have had some words to Vickerman and Henare as to why Kenney is thriving as a Wildcat while McDonald arguably doesn't offer anything more than Ili who is a development player.

I initially backed the decision as the coaching staff have had more than enough looks at Jarrod Kenney over the years in the NZNBL and with the Breakers but I was clearly wrong as were the Breakers Coaches.

Reply #569171 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

I would foul, nz every time both Jackson's go for a bucket!Can't shoot three throws at all.

Reply #569172 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Crocs will try and make this ugly to stay close, if they can it will be tight, but if NZ get off the leash, lookout in the fourth...

Reply #569176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good call. Yet again we see another incompetent charge call. If the defensive player is moving sideways and isn't in the stable position, that's a defensive foul. Not a Charge.
Let's hope that with so many incompetent refs around now, he at least get's a lecture by the incompetent's in charge. That's important. ;)

Reply #569180 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yeah, it was a howler!

Reply #569181 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Micro Djeric smashing himself in the face with the ball at the end of the 3rd was awesome

Reply #569183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DJERIC YOU FUCK STICK

Reply #569184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes hack a breaker and send them to the line a good strategy

Reply #569185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tim Mills. Nuff said. 2nd only to Vaughan.

Reply #569186 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Djeric is gonna go viral with that one

Reply #569190 | Report this post

Disheartend Fan  
Years ago

I have been watching basketball for a long time and i have never seen something so blatant as i saw tonight The breakers were up by 10 there was less than 10 seconds to go instead of counting down he the last few seconds & dribbling out the game like any professional basket baller does in that situation the Crocs decided to give the ball back to the breakers with 2 seconds to go then purposely foul the opposing team??? like What was the purpose of that by the Townsville players other than to ensure that the margin was 11+ People may think that wouldnt happen or i am talking crap but i have watched basketball my entire life & if someone could give me an example of something like that taking place at the end of the game when they had absolutely no chance of affecting the outcome but as i said if you watch what happened those final 10 seconds the townsville player instead of just dribbling the last 10 seconds out the decided to give the ball to the breakers pretty blatantly then fouled him on purpose with 2 seconds to go & them down by 10. I know things happen in sport all the time that dont make sense but this was obviously done for financial reasons & i hope they get caught cause its not right that they can get away with rigging not the outcome but the manner in which the result takes place

Reply #569192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Piss weak. 100% spot on.

Reply #569195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you talking about @DisheartendFan? Djeric shot a 3 with 8 seconds left, Ili leaked out and got fouled on what would have been 2 points.

The young kids don't get a lot of minutes and there aren't 82 games in a season. They will play until the buzzer sounds. We have also been over the point differential rule in the NBL on this forum a number of times.

To lose your NZ 1-10 bet and then come to a forum claiming it "was obviously done for financial reasons" and that both teams objective during the last few plays were some sort of conspiracy to cheat you out of your money is either sad or funny, I haven't decided yet.

Reply #569199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blowout troll = donaghy troll = loses at betting a lot and is unable to take responsibility for it

seriously
www.gamblinghelponline.org.au
Providing free, anonymous, 24/7 online support, self-help tools and information for identifying and dealing with problem gambling Australia-wide

Telephone Support 24/7 - 1800 858 858

Reply #569203 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That free-throw shooting will cost the Breakers the title if they don't fix it.

Gotta love the Crocs, they just play so hard and never give in. Their bench unit was great last night, Leon Henry playing some super D.

What about Harry Froling? That kid is going to be a gem. Has a great read on the game and has so much confidence in himself. Would be great if the Crocs could keep him around working with Schensch instead of going to college.

Why he wasn't he playing for the U19 donuts at the WCs this year? Please don't tell he just wasn't picked. If Ben Simmons had his fundamentals he'd have been starting for the Boomers this year!

Reply #569241 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Got to agree on Harry froling Paul, doesn't look out of place at all. 17 year old putting the ball on the floor near the perimeter and attacking pledger, great to see.

Reply #569375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just don't bet on NBL guys simple. Bush league with no media attention so it is ripe for the pickings. Way more sports and leagues to choose from. way too much dodgy stuff going on.

Reply #569391 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"Just don't bet on NBL guys simple. Bush league with no media attention so it is ripe for the pickings. Way more sports and leagues to choose from. way too much dodgy stuff going on."

you lost, you mad.........

Reply #569620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754