Bretts The Man
Years ago

Last Chance for Sixers on Ere

From reports this weekend or by Monday night is last chance for Sixers management and coach to show they are serious about making finals and are as passionate about Sixers as the thousands of members and supporters and cut Ebi Ere .
I am not going to cover all the reasons as everyone knows my views and all on here by all how ordinary this very unfit has been so called professional basketballer has presented himself and country to Joey and his mate Marcus hasn't got better and in fact his last game was one of worst.
He should have been sent home when turned up to training now well overdue

Topic #38624 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Bretts The Man just because it is Christmas coming up I hope you get your wish :)

I think what has happened is they gave him a chance to get into shape. Now that he is in better shape than the start of season he probably has been dominating training offensively. So they have been waiting for him to have that break out game that hasn't come.

He should be released especially if they don't have to pay out remainder of contract. If they do have to pay out remainder of contract then I don't think it is likely since I think they paid extra for Randle.

I know there is more chance of winning the lotto but just for interest sake would you keep Ere today if he scored 50 and Sixers won?

Reply #569226 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

No I would not keep him .
But just say he did that, it would mean on current averages he would have to put up around a 100 shots and he has not got fitness to put up 50 shots.
But you know what my feelings are so strong about him and how presented himself to play and Joeys etc not cutting him as a huge showing of disrespect for all the very loyal members and supporters of our club that I would be happy just not see him out there and Carlin or Johns take his spot.
Obviously love to see replaced with good import as our only chance of making finals.

Reply #569231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get over it guys, the club is flat broke. Gibbo is getting paid more this year because of the paycut he took last season to get Motum in.

Unless you have a spare $500,000 to pay out Ere and pay the new import we're stuck with this lineup. Don't you think we would've sign Conklin if there was any money left? He's the perfect fit for this years team as our bigs are soft as shit and can't defend the rim or box out.

Just enjoy the ride, besides Ere isn't that bad for the minutes he gets. He stats up better than Gibbo who already has his Brisbane training top on under the Sixers Jersey and is gone gone gone

Reply #569232 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Yes Gibbo has had ordinary season but comparing his output in a game to Ere is a joke.
Gibbo works hard in progression of our ball and setting up players and apart from 1 or 2 games his defence is excellent and works hard.
Ere just sits around in open spaces as nobody bothers to defend him and jacks up a shot or 2 that others worked hard to create which he gets at a very low percentage and that is not covering those laughable turnovers.
His defend well without any possible contradiction he provides no resemblance of any type of defence and others get caught out covering his player as well as own whether zone or 1 on 1.
What Gibbo getting paid is something not relevant to this discussion or where he going to next year.
I enjoyed what Motrum did for us last season knowing he would not be back this year. As said rather not replace than see him on court again.

Reply #569234 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The club isn't flat broke. From my understanding there are a few people behind the scenes who are quite well off. Whether they're prepared to spend is another matter though.

Reply #569235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I am not going to cover all the reasons as everyone knows my views and all on here by all how ordinary this very unfit has been so called professional basketballer has presented himself and country...
What's that bold bit supposed to mean?

Reply #569236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 232 is way off base regarding the club being broke. Snooch is right, it's just a matter of whether they want to spend? I don't think Anon is on point with the Gibbo statement either...? One thing is for sure, whatever Gibbo is on is too much!

Reply #569238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think the only reason the club isn't initiating the termination of Ere's contract is to not upset Joey as they would like him to re-sign for next season and beyond.

Reply #569239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would the sixers want Wright.
Can't see why myself

Reply #569242 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ebi showed some improvement a few weeks ago but he's plateaued at a level short of what is needed. Get in a three and D swingman and this team becomes so much more dangerous.

Reply #569245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 242, who do you get instead?

Reply #569246 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Brett.

There you go again with the 'disrespect'.

The only person being disrespectful is you, towards Ebi, Joey and the club in general.

The money you spend gets you a ticket to the game and the entertainment provided, it doesn't buy you the players you want. Grasp that for a moment.

In no way am I suggesting Ebi is perfect, I am cognisant of the fact that there is room for improvement with Ebi, however your personal agenda against him and Coach wright is going too far.

My advice to you is to get behind the team because it is already doing well in 4th spot.

Reply #569250 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Brett.

"I enjoyed what Motrum did for us last season knowing he would not be back this year. As said rather not replace than see him on court again."

Who is Motrum? Neil Mottram? Could you at least spell his name right? He played for the Sixers 7 years ago sunshine.

If you are going to spout crap on the web, at least get your names right.

Reply #569251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down Kamby anyone with a brain knows he meant Motum.

Reply #569252 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He has been so bad, its all been said its all been obvious. And Marcus Camby what do you mean the 36ers are doing good in 4th, they have dropped to 5th, because you know they haven't been laying well and all. If your going to try that obnoxious crap on someone getting a players name wrong, atlas know what positions the team is actually on, on the NBL ladder. Ok sunshine.

Hopefully he gets the boot after todays game, and its a prompt transaction to bring in someone else in, as the club has been looking i reckon. Make a run at the playoffs and currently at 7-7 try and get back in the hunt.

Reply #569254 | Report this post

arcus amby  
Years ago

there's no K in Kamby

Reply #569255 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Sick of the argument. We could do better than Ere but he isn't going anywhere so deal with it.

Reply #569260 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There are two elements to this debate.
The first is whether Ere should be in the team.
The second is whether the team would be better without him.

For an import coming off the bench, his stats are reasonably. Not bad, no great. For an upgrade to occur, the question is whether that player would bring more to the team, or whether it would interrupt team chemistry.

IMO, he has been the beige man. He hasn't done anything to warrant sacking, hasn't done anything to say "let's sign him for another season " He has been plain and boring, just like a beige safari suit. But if that fits in with the plan, then no reason to change.

So it brings us to Q2. Where are the Sixers weak and where is the gap?

Reply #569266 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Shouldn't be in the team, cant make shots nor put it on the floor and is liability on defense. Beige is a good way to describe him, and this team isnt good enough to carry a beige suit in the luggage, they need a sharp modern up to todays standard suit. Not something thats just fun for a dress up party ;)

Reply #569268 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Beige is fine as long as you only have beige expectations and are only paying beige money.

Reply #569270 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

Kamby. Haha!

Reply #569286 | Report this post

marKus Kamby  
Years ago

Come on guys leave Ebi alone

Reply #569290 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Has Ere passed up a shot yet?

Every touch on offense has been shot or drive.

Has he been told?

Reply #569292 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I think he has

Reply #569293 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I think I might seek a more objective perspective Kobe :-) (and that's not an invite for a comment from Marcus either).

The last Sixer import replaced played his last game against United.

FWIW, short of getting injured I think he's here til the end but I will watch his and his teamates behaviour post game closely

Reply #569307 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

No point arguing with each other,waste of time.

EBI ERE isnt going anywhere,Sixers will not release him.

Post something nice about him Kobe.

Reply #569337 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Yes to both Isaac and Marcus yes should check more closely if made mistake in posting . But of course You made a clown of yourself Marcus when I made mistake of adding 1 word and your clever crap you had to change 3 words .
Then of course you are on that bandwagon that us long term season members only buy ticket to game ,so no right to complain garbage .
But guess only way to disagree anymore as even you now even you have no grounds to defend his game etc or even say improving or big game around corner.
As previously said continue to support club but losing respect for Joey etc over this continued Ere fiasco.

Reply #569341 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Today was probably he best game all season tbh.

Reply #569356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we had a better import to help randle we coulda won today though.

I doubt it happens but i still hope they make the change.

Reply #569360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imaging the damage Randle could do in a team like perth or illawarra that would be scary

Reply #569377 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Brett.

Actually I changed 3 LETTERS not words. Get it right please.

Whether you buy a membership or one ticket, its the same, you are entitled to entry, the seat and the entertainment.

You don't get call who the imports are. You don't get to be offended at the choice of imports, but I can't stop you, it comes down to how one was brought up I suppose.

Ebi had a decent game today, didn't set the world on fire, but was solid at providing that spark when required.

LOSING respect for Joey? How are you LOSING respect, you have already LOST (past tense) respect for Joey by accusing him of keeping Ebi because they are friends.

Reply #569412 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Yep not having good night with wording today- tonight .
But would not highlight you were trying to be a smart a---e by putting 3 letters in to make totally different name than was there . Although a r slipped in Motum
Your buying ticket to a match rubbish is putting all the loyal long term season ticket holders down as we are the heart and soul of club that outlast players ,coaches and owners.
Yes of course we don't get to pick the players ,coaches or imports but we have right to have a opinion.
We have had many ver ordinary imports but the only one I have ever been close to talking about being offended is this over the hill player who turned up to our club just before season commencing in very poor physical shape and nothing to do with injuries as the very obvious fact is he was and still is very overweight to be playing professional sport and that my dear friend is treating our club and supporters with disrespect .
The only reason he gets his 6- 10 score each week is because everyone else working their bums of and opposition don't defend him and leave open.
Finally you can go through all my posts re Ere and Joey and will not find me saying being kept because Joeys friend.
Anyway the guy is a waste of space representing our club you know I know it and so does everyone else and you are just hiding the fact you said he was going to be successful and now reality has hit.

Reply #569429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Camby, if everyone voted with their wallets where would the club be then? And you say we as fans don't have a right or can't have an opinion??

You are an idiot!

Reply #569553 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I disagree with the notion that when you spend your money on membership you are just buying a ticket to a game. You are investing in the club, particularly if you've been a long-term member. With that investment comes a feeling of ownership - not literal ownership but a passion to want to see your club flourish. That doesn't just mean blind loyalty, that means having a right to, within reason, critique decisions you feel are holding the club back.

Reply #569565 | Report this post

marKus Kamby  
Years ago

Anyone who thinks Ebi Ere should stay is delusional

Reply #569567 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

andrewbprice on Twitter:

Something for the Ebi Ere argument: Adelaide are (-29) with him on the court and (+26) when he's off across the whole season.

Reply #569571 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, that is an example of when +/- should not be used. Across 15 games, that equates to less than -2 per game (or one shot) and is meaningless.

Reply #569572 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Every team needs excitement machine imports to bring the league back into prime time..

The Conklins and Ere's of the world aren't going to put bums in seats.

Now when teams face Adelaide, those opposition fans will be looking forward to at least facing Randle and the rest of the team.

Also not a big fan of teams not utilising an import spot, e.g. Hawks.

Reply #569576 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isaac, that is an example of when +/- should not be used. Across 15 games, that equates to less than -2 per game (or one shot) and is meaningless.

It's actually a 55 point difference across 15 games, and that can be the difference between winning and losing. To me it's a stat worth investigating. Are there other 36ers who are similar, are there certain line-ups etc.

Reply #569579 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Which is still only 3.6 points per game. That is with Ebi coming on (usually) with the second unit, who may for example be underperforming as compared with the first. It can also be massively skewed by one or two games. How does that compare to his teammates?

Ebi has not lived up to hype or expectation so far, no doubt. Like you said, it needs investigating to be of any use as by itself it does not tell us much of anything.

(I am not in any way endorsing Ebi's position on the team)

Reply #569586 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Let's just let him be a lesson not to sign overage overweight players based on "coach likes him, they're mates"

Reply #569592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754