Solomun Tulum mix
Years ago

Lightning - on par ? or better than expected ?

Just want to say awesome job by the lightning crew this year - couple of good Ws !

Topic #38634 | Report this topic

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Was at the game last week v Flames. It was a very impressive win.

Reply #569538 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Easily better than expected. Would have forgiven them for only winning a couple of games all season given their unfortunate circumstances. They've been one of the better stories of the season for mine.
They currently have a better winning percentage than last season!

Well done to everyone involved.

Reply #569541 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

way way way better..

basketball feel good story of the year

Reply #569543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully it saves them for next year. great comeback from them yesterday they seemed well beaten mid way through the third.

Reply #569550 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Look at the roster and look at the troubled waters the SS Lightning have travelled through, including the recent passing of Vince.

I think it would be fair to see they are actually travelling better than a lot of people have thought they would. They are a young team playing against a number of teams with way more experience and talent than them.

If that team can hang around for a few years, then flags will be won.

In the meantime, they are punching above weight

Reply #569577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tracy York a great coach.

Reply #569588 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems we played at titanium stadium yesterday

Reply #569623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel31, and...?

Reply #569634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've been playing at Wayville because they can't get (or more likely didn't expect) to be getting big crowds.

Playing at Titanium would mean they are getting more people than before? Which is always good

Reply #569635 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is it just me or does the fellas play better when they have Yorky on the bench ???

Reply #569636 | Report this post

Solomun Tulum mix  
Years ago

titanium was because of heat

Reply #569650 | Report this post

Greg  
Years ago

Only doing better due to getting Standish.

Reply #569652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then my idea was completely wrong

Reply #569653 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers do better with Yorky on their bench.

Reply #569654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are playing great and the future looks bright. They have bought in to the way Tracy wants them to play, hard and tough on the defensive end!

If they can retain Mitchell, Ruef, Standish they will be in finals contention next season. They need another shooter (Phillips??) to take the pressure off Mitchell having to do everything. How Standish didn't get picked up earlier is beyond me, there will be plenty of clubs in the queue for her signature next season.

You would think Laura Hodges would be back in Adelaide again.

I have enjoyed the games at Wayville, closer to the court and the atmosphere is great. Not having any double headers with the 36ers was a very wise financial decision as they now get the entire gate proceeds. Feel good story of the season...

Onwards and upwards Lightning!

Reply #569681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been a wonderful revival and congrats to the girls taking their opportunity with both hands and dunking it.

Reply #569731 | Report this post

Solomun Tulum mix  
Years ago

would be keen to get mansfield back as well

Reply #569732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mansfield would be great and cheaper than Mitchell, would free up some money to strengthen the squad in other areas

Reply #569742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to BSA for facilitating this Lightning season

Reply #569753 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754