Anonymous
Years ago

who are your picks for nbl and wnbl mvp thus far..

i thought it may be an interesting topic my picks thus far.

NBL- WEBSTER

WNBL- WHITCOMB.

Topic #38686 | Report this topic

Matthew  
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy easily. Most consistent so far.

Reply #570893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL - AJ Ogilvy
WNBL- Leilani Mitchell

Reply #570894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL - Ogilvy----------------daylight-----Webster.

If AJ oesnt get it based on performances so far the NBL is a joke league.

Reply #570897 | Report this post

Yep  
Years ago

Whitcomb good pick for wnbl. Consistent

Reply #570899 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I honestly think Randle should be MVP.
Haven't seen any WNBL.

Reply #570903 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The way the MVP voting is done, it surely must be Randle, purely because no one else on the 36ers team would be taking many votes away from him. But Ogilvy is the MVP of his team, and they are in the race for the lot, so should be him... if not for the voting system.

Reply #570905 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Not too long ago, we were just as likely to make Playoffs as Illawarra were.
Randle has been our best player pretty much every single game. We'd be dead bottom without him. I think, regardless of the voting system, he deserves to be MVP.

Reply #570907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WNBL is between two players only, Batkovic and Whitcomb

Reply #570910 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ yeah I think that's a fair call at the moment. Suzi & Sami both with MVP-level first halves of the season.

Plenty of time left though if the above pair drop off a smidge.
Griffin, George, Ebzery, Penaluna, Richards & Swords all having great seasons too. I also expect Bishop to come home strongly now that's she's healthier and has some help around her.

Reply #570911 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy is so ahead this season that betting agencies should pull a Nat Fyfe and pay out of whoever has bet on him.

He's not in the discussion but I think it should be mentioned that Matt Knight deserves NBL first team honoured at power forward with only Kickert being a serious challenger.

Batkovic is an absolute legend and another MVP award wouldn't be out of reach but does she need another one?

Reply #570924 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I would say Randle, but then I'm a bit biased.

Seriously though, without him we'd probably be a lot nearer the bottom.

Can't say for the WNBL as I haven't seen any this year.

Reply #570926 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Randle's opponents would be taking plenty of votes even if his teammates aren't, and he missed the first three games of the season.

Reply #570929 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ogilvy.

But- Randle has the hallmarks of plenty of past winners.

Easily the best player on his team, and a guy who opposition coaches (ie: The people who vote for MVP) know they must stop much more than any of his teammates because he can flat out light it up.

Think Rotnei Clarke. Gary Ervin.

Cedric Jackson will be in the mix- he's played 3 seasons and finished in the top 4 or 5 every year, including one win.

No doubt Lisch, Webster, Goulding, Beal, Penney will have picked up plenty of votes as well.

Reply #571034 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754