Scareorwhat
Years ago

Centrals U18Div1

Slack effort guys-didnt tell anyone that u couldnt be bothered turn up for catch up game at pt adelaide against eagles-

Topic #3872 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey maybe if we were told about it they would have been there. Anyway who is slack, I would say it would have to be forrestville for not bothering to play the game when it was scheduled in July.

Reply #45045 | Report this post

Scareorwhat  
Years ago

Get a grip and your facts straight- forestville didnt play the july game as half the team was at nationals! -as per BASA rules the game has to be reschulded -but then again with the five remaining players probably would have won anyway!

Reply #45047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why didnt the five come and play then.

Reply #45051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about who cares coz forestville would have won but if we got told then we would went 2 the game

Reply #45052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is another reason as too why Centrals should not be in Div 1. The rescheduled game went out to the clubs early in the week. So guys you club WAS told, and if you club has not contacted you then you need to get a new club secretary.

Just like the secretary forgot to nominate the only team who qualified from the club for the Classics. If Centrals cant get there s**t together then don't enter teams in Div 1.

Reply #45054 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

Then why blame the boys. If they had of been told they would have been there.

Reply #45055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

enigma,

I'm not blaming the boys, I'm blaming the club.

Reply #45061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If your club isn't organised or good enough to be in Div 1, then you shouldn't be playing up there

Reply #45063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U idiot. This happens at all clubs every now and then. It has nothing to do with a club been successful or not. The team that was not nominated for the classics was dominant in SA so they had the right to be in div 1. Scoreorwhat, stop hating and start playing.

Reply #45074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's right they were. They actually won the U/12 Grand Finals. But at this years State Champs they lost twice by more than 30 points. By the end of U16's they will be just another of the lower teams.

This would be due to a lack of resource allocation by the club. Rather than spending their time on developing junior coaches and players they are more intent on buying a Senior Championship. By the thinking that if they win seniors more junior players with ability will magically turn up to play.

Will never happen and that current kids they have are the one's suffering. My bet is that by the end of U/16's the player that made them a great U/12 team will be playing elsewhere.

Reply #45076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

centrals need to get there stuff together, i was offered a place in there senior team and a place in the 18's team, why would i want to go to centrals, they have nothing going for them, they will be in debt soon i think.

Reply #45101 | Report this post

Tony  
Years ago

Who was sent that last reply about bein offered to play in the 18s team and senior team????

Reply #45127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

45101, you are obviously living in a false reality. is it fun?

Reply #45130 | Report this post

Glenn S  
Years ago

I believe I can speak to this incident, as one of the first contacts at Centrals I can tell you with 100% certainty that our club was not notified about any makeup games and still have not been notified about any coming games. I have left 2 messages at BASA and Spoke to the Under 18 girls coach at Forestville prior to the game Sunday to let him know that our U-18 girls game was not on but we as a club were not notified through the JDO, President, Junior Delegate of the Secretary about games

Reply #45401 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

This thread is just another excuse for people to have a go at Centrals.

Reply #45404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glenn,

on the 3rd of August the email was sent about the games, that has Graham Mansfields email address cc'ed. I understand that he is your junior delegate.

Reply #45408 | Report this post

Glenn S  
Years ago

Hmmm... thanks for that i will follow up on it today

Reply #45431 | Report this post

shoota  
Years ago

North Adelaide havent turned up for rescheduled games against Centrals in the past. I mean, there gonna thrash them ne way. But they could have made a phonecall to centrals. Instead of centrals going all the way to Home Dome, which is a long way for them.

Reply #46045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would be nice if we found out what has happened about the game. Of course it will be treated as a forfiet through no fault of the boys and prents, but maybe someone could let us know why we werent old told.

Reply #46049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754