Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Ben Knight Will Replace Khazzouh This Sunday!

Link to the official article:
http://www.sydneykings.com/team-news/nbl-veteran-likely-to-suit-up-for-kings/

"NBL veteran big man and current Sydney Kings Assistant Coach Ben Knight will likely suit up this Sunday while the Club continue to assess suitable replacement options for the injured Julian Khazzouh.

Knight, who has been training with the team since Khazzouh went down with a ruptured quadriceps tendon last week, will provide extra cover behind Tom Garlepp, Angus Brandt and Jeromie Hill while bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the playing group.

Sydney begin a four game home stand this Sunday, 27 December when they take on the New Zealand Breakers in the Kings' first game at Sydney Olympic Park Sport Centre, tipoff at 3pm."

Wow, am I the only one that thinks this crazy? I mean he was good, and has good fundamentals, but I mean his 40, and hasn't played for years!

What is life?

Topic #38723 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Seems like a stunt to me, maybe? Surely it has to be - get him his 400th game while looking for a replacement? Is there really not a single young guy over 6'8 in the greater Sydney area worth a look at?

Reply #571908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly Angus.

National Bush League

Reply #571914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there was anyone that good, they would already be playing seabl at the least or NBL already.

Reply #571926 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Ben Allen is ready and waiting.

Reply #571927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings organisation has now stooped to an all time LOW!!

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!

Reply #571928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The great Tim Hudson has done it again!!

Congratulations for another poor decision!!

What a joke!

Reply #571930 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Ben Allen LOL cats

Reply #571931 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Hey guys Dan Ewing reckons he's a warrior and will play harder and box out better than most guys out there.
Nuff said.

Reply #571936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whom ever dan Ewing is it must be important.
Please tell us all who the 6'8" with any ability are in NSW? None. T Hudson has a lot to answer for undoubtedly, but Knight is in their own backyard and arguably fit. However who else is there? Name them please

Reply #571940 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

From what I've heard, Knight is not going to be Khazzouh's long term replacement, rather he's just filling in as spare legs for this game as Sydney search for a player to properly replace Khazzouh for the rest of the season.

Reply #571941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course.

Reply #571943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, Indominous-Rex.

When you say 'From what I heard', do you just mean that the press release from the Kings said exactly that?

Please don't claim to more than you actually do, for everyone's sake

Reply #571950 | Report this post

Boris  
Years ago

He posted official link lol, learn how to read

Reply #571951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know he was the OP. If anything, it just makes what he said sillier. He posts the official link, then claims to 'know' more, but what he 'knows' is just what's already in the link. Just a bit odd

Reply #571952 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

How about Carfino for PG and Heal for SG. How good is this Kings team.

Reply #571953 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Or, over the course of the day, he forgot where he'd initially heard that.

Reply #571954 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Knight looked like he was on walking sticks in his last season. Could barely move!

Was great in his day - especially in Cairns.

Hammer not looking so silly now as coach ...

Reply #571956 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Anon, this is a forum which is for opinions, gossip and fact. If you don't like him sharing what he has heard go back to the NBL website and you can wait for everything to be common knowledge and "officially released".

Reply #571957 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Knight has still been playing Waratah and rebounds well. However Waratah is a long step down from the NBL. He will have somewhat the stamina but not sure if he'll have any sort of athletic ability left. Will be interesting!

Reply #571958 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Thank you Mystro, I never claimed to have known any thing else, I just said from what I've heard, because I thought it would be the easiest way to put it. Because it is still what I've heard/read.... so if you're not happy with what I'm saying, just go click on the link that I posted in the original thread, and you can stay there :) You're uncalled for negativity is completely unnecessary.

Reply #571959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down, guys. I think it was pretty obvious that he was trying to claim that he knew something beyond the original post, which he clearly doesn't. Is that too hard to grasp? Not being negative... just realistic. I guess y'all can remain naive :)

Reply #571960 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

But I'm clearly not, it is quite obvious that you are the naive person

Reply #571961 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Another anon making a fool of him/herself, it's great entertainment.

Reply #571964 | Report this post

three points  
Years ago

Ben played a solid season in Perth must be well past it. Heck Brad Rosen probably has more in the tank.

Reply #571968 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They have Brandt, Hill, Garlepp, James and Prewster to fill 120 frontcourt minutes so I doubt Ben will get much time. Just enough to record his 400th once the game is decided or a quick spell if there is severe foul trouble.

At first I thought it was a terrible idea but really, good on the Kings for giving him the chance to play 400. It's one of the few things they've got right this season.

Reply #571969 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm in two minds: On the one hand, who cares really, its not like whoever fills the spot is going to be playing mega minutes, and its not like they have high hopes for the season.

And as a "stunt," maybe this generates a bit of interest or news coverage for the Kings.

That said, don't they have development players?

Or surely there's a state league (Warratah League is it?) player somewhere they could grab?

Reply #571972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear, what a disgrace this club is. Who ever made this decision, give yourself a massive double uppercut.

I saw on twitter he will play his 400th NBL game as that other central coast muppet Robilliard didnt allow that to happen. Is that right?

The poor guy walks like he needs 2 knee replacements.

Good luck and congrats on your 400th game Mr Night!

Reply #571973 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes originally critical of the decision.

But now not so much.

At the end of the day were not privy to what is actually going on/what happens behind closed doors.

Whats to say that everyone they asked as a replacement turned them down because they had work commitments etc. Whats to say that the team is lacking marketig wise and need to make a marketing play to get bums on seat (Knights 400th).

Easy for us to comment on the pure roster shake up but there's a whole host of decisions which come into it

Reply #571976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great too see some anonymous retard comment on Knights 400 game success who sux cox for a living. Grow up and grow a pair. Please.

Reply #571977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go through a list of potentials that aren't in the NBA or playing in College/Europe and it's pretty thin. They just need someone cheap to see the season out. For example, from the SEABL, there's the likes of:

Jordan Vandenberg
Shane Harris Tunks
Ben Allen
Michael Vigor

Reply #571981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave the poor bloke alone, he's helping out his team for what will likely be the 10th man spot in one match whilst they try to locate someone to fill Khazzouh's spot for the rest of the season.

Reply #571982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Harris Tunks can't even play at SEABL level. Ben Allen has proved himself very good at the level. NBL no but as a one game fill in infinitely superior to Tunks.

Reply #571983 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If it's for more than one game it's a bad move, but for one game I think it's a great idea to give Benny his 400th and generate a bit of interest.

BJ Anthony or Auryn McMillan could both be good replacements for the rest of the season, or given they have decent size already perhaps Mathiang Muo if he's now back in Sydney.

Reply #572010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, the Kings really are a basketcase. Reminds me of the game when the Canberra Cannons called James Crawford and Butch Hays out of retirement to play a game against Perth. Amateur hour.

Reply #572013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Opacic?

Reply #572028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That basketcase is tied at 1/2 time Vs Breakers.

Reply #572031 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Didn't watch the game, but from the boxscore it doesn't look like the BK experiment achieved much.

Reply #572043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings defence remains rubbish under connolly

Reply #572111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasn't an experiment ever. Stupid people seem to think it was. Think again.

Reply #572114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754