Downthecorridor
Years ago

Dirty Delly

I watched today's cabs dubs game. I love his underdog status and I support all our oz players but delly's continual dirty plays are going to hurt someone soon. He grapples off the ball, pins arms under his arms during rebounds and will break someone's arm at some point. Diving at people's legs too is not tough basketball. It's dirty basketball and he should receive a suspension at some point for his own good. Play hard but what he does is going too far.

Thoughts?

Topic #38728 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he's very quick to lash out. Look what he did to plumlee. Seems a bit of a hot head.

Reply #571988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serious question: How different is Delly's play (Diving at legs, pinning arms, etc) from Brian Conklin's play (elbow flailing)?

Neither are dirty, but both are reckless.

Reply #571989 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

You have to be down on Bogut then as well? we grabs and scrags peoples arms all the time. I just don't really get all the hate. You can only get away with as much as the umpires let you. If they were pulling him up on it his style would change.

Reply #571990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a difference, though. Bogut makes those sly, veteran plays but they'll very rarely hurt anyone. Delly's, on the other hand, could genuinely lead to someone getting seriously hurt

Reply #571991 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Numerous plays in the last playoffs that were not pretty. I even saw two dives at the knees of Draymond Green. Personally, I do not like Delly and his play style at all, its one thing when you play hard and then another when you are a serial pest who is a serious risk to other players.

Reply #571993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hack

Reply #571995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think dellys dirty. watched every game this season and I don't see it. hes got hustle that's for sure.

Reply #571997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly has taken his game to another level this year. Shooting at a respectable 44% from the field these days, the little floater in traffic appears far more accurate and natural.

Reply #572014 | Report this post

Anonymouse  
Years ago

Jumping on Greens and Igudalas backs as the free throw is taken is not a good look. Lucky Green didn't body slam him onto the floor. Deserve it dong that.

Reply #572017 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

The method was a little weird but it was a tactical play called by Blatt, just weird looking.

Reply #572021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly got no game, got no game at all.

Just a small, over-rated basketball wannabe trying to disguise dirty play as hustle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e97Cs3bd38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40GrqLUSSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDGoYx6O4Zk

Reply #572103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow no clue at all ^^

Chooses a Steph curry crossover video from a game that was littered with Delly highlights.

In the mix for most improved player and is near the top of whole league for fg%

Reply #572125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He ain't got got no game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuqLTonePQg

Reply #572160 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anon^ ain't got got no no game game, but maybe has turrets only to be shying away from using naughty words?

Reply #572162 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Delly is pound for pound the most valuable asset on the Cav's roster compared to wages and lives on heart and effort and that team first attitude we have come to expect and the Americans are beginning to love and respect, ends post...

Reply #572163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dog bloke with some of those moves! If we didn't have our Aussie glasses on we'd be slamming him for those plays!!

He has played great this year and really will have a nice NBA career for the next few season and get paid a lot to do so but can't be making these plays!

Reply #572186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Most improved"? Nahhhhh

Reply #572481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought this topic was about Michael Jackson.

Reply #572488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754