Todd
Years ago

Michael Aylen's Vendetta against the Wildcats

Did one of wildcats steal his partner of something?

Topic #38735 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ease up turbo. Another loss another ref bashing

Reply #572096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reffing was atrocious. Perth have every right to fee cheated. Some of the calls on Jawai were downright farsical and I aint even a Cats fan.

Reply #572098 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

I have thought this for the last 5 years, I remember one game when Michael Aylen's first 10 fouls were against the Cats.

I bet that the next Cats game when Aylen's referring in the foul count will a least 3 to 1.

Reply #572100 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

But the way the other two umpires were ok and made mistakes both ways.

Reply #572101 | Report this post

Anonymoose  
Years ago

Not sure if it's just Perth that Aylen doesn't like. It always seems to me that he thinks reffing the NBL is beneath him.

I'm shocked he gets FIBA gigs, he must leave his ego at home for them.

Reply #572105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was the reffing that bad? Probably the only shocker was martins late strip of holt when ref just assumed it would be a foul. Disgraceful call no doubt but not sure worthy of being called a vendetta

Reply #572109 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Seems to me that the refs always seem to have it in for Jawai

Reply #572115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasn't Aylen that called that foul and to suggest the other 2 fers were OK is utter bollocks.
Don't worry about all the Olympic games he's reff'd because clearly you are a better ref from the bar at your local hotel.

Reply #572116 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

Martin's foul was a mistake from the umpire expecting a foul to come. That happen's.

I never said that Michael Aylen's can't umpire.

When you call 3 to 1 ratio plus fouls over a long period against one team, you can question his integrity.

Reply #572119 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jawai fouls a lot, sometimes they are going to call them.

Reply #572129 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think Jawai was stiff with the fouls he had called against him but if Warrick had his way he would have received plenty of trips to the line..

I actually enjoyed the game, I'm sad that my Wildcats lost but I'll accept it as United had a huge crowd and sometimes losses can really damage the support base i.e. are notorious for losing when they have their biggest home crowd of the season, that doesn't help selling memberships or getting people returning next game.

Reply #572132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone seems to have a notion that the team foul count needs to be somewhere equal. If a team is having a bad night on the floor then the foul certainly can be lopsided for many reasons.

Reply #572143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not let the poor 3 pt shooting of Perth @4/16 influence the beat up on the refs nor the result.

Reply #572144 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

When Aylen's ratio is a least 3 to 1 in every game he refs against the Cats over a 500 game plus career.

Reply #572165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess if the Cats make the G/f then you know the result.

Reply #572167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How salty can one fan base be when they lose a game. This thread is sad, take the loss and bounce back. Blaming everyone but your own players is pathetic.

Reply #572169 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

He's a Hawthorn Fan, that says it all.

Reply #572206 | Report this post

Fworld  
Years ago

A simple rue of reffing is doesn't call the foul you thought you saw. People should be more concerned about the other refs way before bitching about Aylen.

Reply #572210 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

Aylen's refuses to call fouls for the Cats. He is dead set cheat, I would rather guy who can't referee and are fair, than a person is a great referee who cheats.

Reply #572212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs are in the limelight because they butchered it with 14 seconds to go. Jumping the gun on that call is not acceptable, one could question where the same "called what they thought would happen" was when beal got actually fouled last time we were there....

Reply #572215 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I'm confused. He called 5 fouls all game, 8 if you include the ones that were double whistles. In all honesty, that game had good flow. The only complaint would be aimed at the last travel call as the player hadn't gone anywhere and the slide of the foot had no impact.
Damian Martin hack at the ball was an easy call considering the hold and large bump prior to Holt getting the ball. Simple hands foul versus USF as the ball hadn't been inbounded yet, great game management IMHO.
Cats lost the game because Gleeson lost his head. You can't coach your side in the dying minutes if you are still complaining about a block call 2 play phases ago.

Reply #572229 | Report this post

Fworld  
Years ago

Better be able to back up the cheat call.

Reply #572231 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I'm confused. He called 5 fouls all game, 8 if you include the ones that were double whistles."

That's why I find the OP's claim funny, Aylen lets the game go, which is perfect for a physical team like Perth.

Reply #572240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, Trevor Gleeson was an assistant coach at Hawthorn before coming to Perth, so that doesn't make sense that he wouldn't like us because he supports Hawthorn.

Reply #572244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the cats could shoot better from the 3 and then you wouldn't be so salty about a few calls which happen every game to every team

Reply #572246 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

ROFL

Reply #572254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754