Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide Lightning 2016/17?

Are Adelaide a certainty to have a side next year? I would be surprised if they didn't as they seem to have sorted themselves out off field?

I would like to see them recruit some of the ex South Aussie's back to their home state.

Their first priority should be to get Cayla George (Francis) back as AL are way too undersized and she is a star in this league.

As good as what Leilani Mitchell has been this season I think getting Lauren Mansfield back also would be a better long term option.

Alex Ciabattoni should be the first re-signing, she has been the find of the season and her minutes should increase as the season comes to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts instead of Bowen or Dombkins who are struggling.

I have liked the production of Ruef and Standish although may only be able to fit 1 in with a possible return of Laura Hodges.

Thoughts please...

Topic #38770 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Lauren Mansfield already signed with SEQ for next year.

Reply #572566 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Mansfield has resigned with SEQ.

Reply #572569 | Report this post

Years ago

mitchell yes
reuf yes
standish yes
hodges yes
ciabattoni will be ok as a bench player
dont think we will see cayla, like mia and erin back here for sometime
what about seekamp, farley, langford ?

Reply #572570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talbot?

Reply #572575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Erin could possibly return for one final season as she has committed to playing Women's Port Adelaide AFL side in the winter of 2017 and hence the end of her US basketball career?

Reply #572576 | Report this post

Years ago

talbot for sure

Reply #572588 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Mitchell yes
Reuf yes

+ any TRUE opals squad level 5 (ex or current) would see several wins for this group.

compared to the townsville bigs, Reuf is a power forward

Ciabattoni, like most of the local players, NOW needs a role defined for her, rather than just the one size fits all that seems a central tenet of the offenses that this group run.

she shone against the caps when she was left with no option but to shoot from 3 or drive into the zone, caps were so surprised at anyone driving into the paint that she scored twice, don't think that was the outcome of the offence.

The locals have some experience now, they (should) realise there is a huge step between local ( and US college) and WNBL , and that none have the all round game required to be an immediate impact player, but they could be a starting 5 role player 9 even a 10+ scorer) if they accept a role.

JMHO

Mitchell desperately needs a perimeter player to kick out to after she collapses the D with a drive, or a 5/4 that hits the foul line behind her drive to pop one over the top.

Reply #572603 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I agree, VO. If you add Hodges to the current team then you're one decent wing player away from being pretty dangerous I reckon.

Reply #572608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754