Wookiee
Years ago

Is Jordan Vandenberg the Kings' new big?

https://twitter.com/SydneyKings/status/684145278811688964

Wasn't JV training with United recently? Looks like he's upgraded, at least city wise :)

Topic #38777 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha.....if you are 7'0 plus and can walk & chew gum at the same time you'll always get a pro gig in bball....well at least walk in this case

Reply #572638 | Report this post

have a go  
Years ago

his SEABL record is not inspiring

In 27 games for the Braves, he averaged 5.4 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.

Reply #572647 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Makes Ben Allen look good.

Reply #572650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at those SEABL numbers to think this guy was signed by an NBA team!

Reply #572651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played a fair bit of D league too, must have an awesome agent!

Reply #572652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played a fair bit of D league too, must have an awesome agent!

Reply #572653 | Report this post

have a go  
Years ago

Even being 7'1" and spending 5 yrs at college, I cannot see him improving to NBL starting standard.

Other players have dominated at SEABL, but still cannot cut it at NBL.

Reply #572656 | Report this post

Deihm pop  
Years ago

Watching him play SEABL he was lucky to get the minutes he got. I think he was gifted minutes from Harvey for whatever reason

Reply #572664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen him play and he's keen but not NBL material right now. So Moller as well, I doubt both stories are true.

Reply #572665 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Saw the clip on the Kings Twitter account and the dude looks MASSIVE! There's not many big Jawai like boss in the NBL. Maybe he's improved?

Reply #572676 | Report this post

Another Sam Harris - may get some gigs somewhere due to height but won't do anything

Reply #572701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's far more mobile than Harris.But not NBL material IMO.

Reply #572703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan finishes his first game with 6 pts, 1 rebound and 2 blocks in 6 mins of action.

Reply #573036 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Looked pretty good at times, I thought. Much more athletic than I expected. Kinda puzzling he can't put up more numbers for the Braves with his height and hops to be honest, based on what I saw tonight.

Reply #573040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even a topic for the Hawks Vs Kings massacre. Way time that the Childress experiment is over.

Reply #573044 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

'Childress experiment'? Lol... Kings have some problems, but Childress isn't one of them. No thread probably because both Sydney and Hawks fans were at the game.

Reply #573046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They weren't at the game days ago. Childress needs to be moved on. It's simple. Limited games and the Kings need 2 serious imports and string some wins together next season or they will be gone forever.

Reply #573050 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

When I saw him play in Perth, he looked like he could stand to tone-up a bit, hit the gym and the running track a bit more. He's very raw and only gets a few minutes, but I think he's got potential. He's too old to be DP, but I think he could be a decent backup-centre for some team. In the sense that he probably won't be signed by the Kings (with Khazza and Brandt) he could be a good pickup for somebody that is struggling to find a back-up centre.

Maybe Townsville should line him as the inevitable injury replacement for Shensy?

Reply #580292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's 25 went to a quality college for 5 years and the penny still hasn't dropped. The man is massive but plays soft, hardly got on at seabl level. Anyway good luck to anyone that takes the risk but I don't see it happening.

Reply #580307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754