Luuuc
Years ago

NBL Heritage Round

This is what the Wildcats will be wearing:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/perth-wildcats-to-wear-90s-inspired-heritage-strip-for-home-nbl-clash-with-sydney-kings/story-fnug4sup-1227703091102

Topic #38804 | Report this topic

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

They're ok...

United's ones are very good and a huge improvement to last year IMO.

The Kings wore theres against Perth in the Kingdome farewell as they don't have a home game during the heritage round. They were good, although very much the same as last season, and I don't know which season they were supposed to be from, because they did not look heritage style at all...

I haven't seen any other jerseys

Reply #573075 | Report this post

Anonomouse  
Years ago

They are disgusting. Took an amazing and iconic strip and destroyed it with advertising.

Reply #573076 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If you're referring to the Wildcats ones then yeah, I'm not a fan either.
It's a vague homage to the 90s strip, which has then been uglified to the max.

Reply #573078 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

The NBL needs to get a new clothes supplier or what ever you call them. ISC is not up to scratch...

Reply #573084 | Report this post

Anonomouse  
Years ago

Yeah Luuuc the Wildcats ones. They really need to stop with the Billboard size advertising, it's quite tacky.

Ruined an iconic jersey. They need to walk away from that design for a long time until someone gets it right.

Reply #573085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good comments from Ellis. Too often you see crappy offenses have guys set screens and players come off screens like they're going through the motions rather than because doing it well is the difference between getting a good shot or not

Reply #573101 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

http://dhp3xz9jmcz9p.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/01/08154122/DSC_2002-1.jpg

It looks good. Only little thing that annoys me to no end is how they screwed with the stars from the Australian flag - the federation star and 3 of the 4 southern cross stars are tilted, the other star is correct.

Reply #573105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs have an old State League yellow strip this year. Worn around 1987.

Hope teams wear short shorts too

Reply #573131 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Everyone still wearing Red for the Cats game this round?

Reply #573163 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I would like to see the Cats bring back the old 80's/early 90's logo permanently from next season, but change the gold Wildcat part to red. And re-introduce the classic early 90's jersey (the old Emu Export version) but in a red design - so replace the white with red.

They could then have a mainly white with red away strip.

That design was such a huge part of their history, and is still easily recognizable, despite being 22 years since they changed it all.

I don't mind slight modifications to it to incorporate the sponsor and such.

Everything goes around in cycles, so would love to see something retro like this permanently!

Reply #573172 | Report this post

Surely United are wearing last seasons jersey?

Reply #573181 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't get it, WTF is that MU are wearing?

They don't need to bring back the name, or the logo, but surely if Melbourne is talking Heritage, they must pay homage to the Tigers?

Reply #573221 | Report this post

Umm ok  
Years ago

They MUST?
Even though they are clearly trying to unite Melbourne basketball, past and present?

Ok then.
If you say so.

Reply #573222 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754