Anonymous
Years ago

Is there a game on FTA today?

Is there a game on today, just looked at online guide and it looks like they're showing guys in lycra riding down a street.
If not it's a joke, 9 has how many channels now and they put what has to be the most boring sport to watch on tv. Even though it was supposed to be another kings game I've looked forward to a Sunday arvo watching the nbl. And please don't tell me to go and get foxtel or other associated means to watch games, I just want at least 1 game to watch a week and it hurts even more they put on freaking cycling.

Topic #38806 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was put on at 11.00am, missed it myself.

Reply #573087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get foxtel ;)

Reply #573088 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It was o
n at 11am and was the Kings/hawks game from last night.

Reply #573089 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Stopped watching Nbl altogether nowadays

Enjoy my nba league pass and watching nba games or highlights whenever I want. Can't be stuffed trying to scour the guides in the hope A Nbl game might be shown at some ridiculous time once in a blue moon. Or getting an obsolete Foxtel service that probably costs close to Netflix , stan and league pass combined.

Reply #573090 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Haha just googled it. Foxtel wants $50 for basic service and $134 for its premium service ....

You could have league pass , stan , presto and Netflix For around the same as the Foxtel basic service.

Screw that.

Reply #573092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea get all those streaming services combined. More importantly watching stuff you should have already d/l'd a long tome ago that is essentially free.
Foxtel sports pack is about $25 I believe. No need for premium services what so ever. Get you facts right please.

Reply #573093 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Wtf you mean get my facts straight ?

A streaming service + league pass is comparable to a package on Foxtel that contains sport plus tv shows plus movies. Min you pay is $50 a month.

Reply #573095 | Report this post

Essentially free, or virtually stealing?

Reply #573096 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Any sports fan without fox isn't a sports fan.

Be a tight arse some place else.

It's only money!!

Reply #573097 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Get the NBL app, or use Foxtel Go online, which is what I opted to do. Much cheaper, and not locked in - just close it off when the NBL season finishes.

Reply #573111 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I am tired of people saying
"The NBL is shit now, cos it's not on FTA, and Foxtel costs too much, I just stick to league pass cos it's cheap.."

First of all, why are you commenting here then?

And second of all, you do know that the NBL has a mobile streaming service that costs literally $60 for the whole year!

Like if you don't think that's cheap, then I don't know what you think the word cheap means.

Reply #573132 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Foxtel for me any day.

Every NBL game, AFL, NRL, A League, some NBA, some College games etc

Works out to $1.78 per day (excluding HD). It's still very watchable without HD

Reply #573145 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

I agree the NBL is shite without reasonable free to air.

It is a major step backwards in bringing Basketball to more of the community as the NBL Aspire sprukes.

Empty words.

Even the game threads aren't getting the usual interest.

I could afford the phone app but I could not enjoy trying to support my team on such a small device. That is certainly a novelty more suited to children.

Maybe after syphoning for a season and the rate of new foxtel contracts decreases they will release some friday night games again.

Reply #573147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Phil only $50 pm.

Reply #573151 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't have Foxtel. I watch most games on my phone and find that to be pretty decent.

Reply #573153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just use AirPlay from an iPhone to Apple TV and watch on a big screen

Reply #573156 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I always thought the GEM deal was just an add on to the TV coverage, and not an essential part of the deal. Thereby we are just lucky to have this given to us.

Personally i'm not really into watching delayed NBL games on Sunday afternoons. Live yes, but not a replay of the Saturday night game. I'd much rather a highlights show instead, or if they have to show a full replay, can't it be one of the better games played in the round rather than be forced to watch whatever game was on Saturday night?

Reply #573161 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I thought AirPlay was disabled with an update, which is the only reason I haven't bothered to get the subscription?

Reply #573164 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I dont bother with fox, watch the NBL games on my ipad and besides the AFL which is mostly free to air have no other use for fox personally.

Reply #573189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's ways around the AirPlay restrictions that is still working even with the latest update. No jailbrrak required either

Reply #573237 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754