Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Kings Jan 20

Shaky Stevens might want to know what's going on behind the Green Door, but I want to know what's been going on at the Arena. The old scoreboard has gone and has been replaced by a state of the art scoreboard. Rumour has it the old scoreboard was offered to the Syrian basketball association as a sign of friendship, but not even they wanted it. They said their scoreboard of a rock abacus was more state of the art.

Huge game tonight as the Sixers tackle Sydney. The King's season is dead and buried. Even Bill Shorten's political career has more spunk. That doesn't mean the Sixers have got this one in the bag. There's nothing certain in sport, only irony. Just ask Essendon....surely I'm not the only one who laughed when Ryan Crowley was announced as the first top up player.

The Sixers are in the Top 4 and need to view the last few games as a mini-season. They can stay there, but it's up to them if they want to. Now is the time for leadership. They have the skills. Randle has got more shots than Amy Schumer has crass jokes.

The season starts tonight and tonight the Sixers will win.

Let's Go Sixers!

Topic #38848 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perfect opportunity for Adelaide to work on their skills and shore up a Top 4 position.

Reply #574121 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Looking forward to seeing the improvements to the stadium and a good bball game.

36'ers need this one to keep up momentum going into Fridays game against United.
With Khazzouh out no excuse for DJ not to dominate.

Is it time to move Creek back into the starting 5?
Can they handle Randle?
Or will he go off for 30pts+?
Will Childress return to last seasons form and push a triple double?

Sixers by 9pts is my tip.

Reply #574125 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

36ers should win this with ease, if they are even remotely serious about not making up the numbers, a few messages have to start being sent. Adelaide by 15+, hopefully blow out and get Randle some rest.

Reply #574134 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Needless to say, Sixer's if they were to drop this game would not be considered worthy of a top four position, would we agree on this?

Reply #574135 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Bear, do we automatically get excluded from the Finals if we drop this one? I was not aware of that rule.

But agree it would be a crushing blow to finals hopes to drop either of the two games this week.

Reply #574136 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Not that I think the Kings will win this, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they'll blow out the Kings.
I'd say the Kings play well in the 2-3 quarters, but then crumble after that

36ers by 8+

Reply #574154 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The third quarter is always the worst for the Sixers. There's no reason why DJ can't open up the game around the key if the Kings are down in the big men department.

Reply #574155 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Bear i agree with you on that, Adelaide have a lot to play for right now, really no excuse to drop this one at home.

Reply #574163 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol. DJ is a bum.

Hopefully the Kings put up a decent fight.

6ers should easily win.

Reply #574173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings third quarter is crap and so have Sixers so that could be ugly.
Anyway Kings got nothing but pride to play for and there has not been a lot that. Kings guards struggle on D, so Sixers by 20.

Reply #574176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have seen more defense played in an all star game

Reply #574182 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Randle is easily my pick for MVP. It's a no contest for mine. Clear cut winner.

Reply #574183 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Hell is it just me or is Ere actually looking to be in reasonable shape finally... Hopefully his game improves too

Reply #574184 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

DJ should change his name to Aniel......no "D"

Reply #574185 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I just hope ADL fans appreciate just how good of a player you have..seriously he is insane

Give him a blank cheque book. He is a $300k player

Reply #574186 | Report this post

Harold  
Years ago

Unless Randle shoots it Adelaide don't look like scoring.

Reply #574187 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Like I said, DJ is a deadset bum.

In other news, Randle is amazing. Throw the man money. He is all this franchise has!

Reply #574188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could handles randle exceed 40 to make a MVP statement over de lisch

Reply #574189 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol @'Creek

What a bum

Reply #574190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi shutting ask the haters up with clutch play yet again

Reply #574192 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

6ers fans booing Childress.

House full of basketball rookies.

Reply #574193 | Report this post

Petrie tunnels Childress, fans boo Childress...

The most knowledgeable fans, apparently.

Reply #574194 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I could never agree with SI Chalmers.....

But he is correct.

Adelaide fans = muppets

Reply #574195 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Creek isn't going anywhere in terms of progress. Hasn't improved since rookie year.

As an aside, what a game! Very high quality.

Reply #574196 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

What a game by Randle.

Reply #574197 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Nice game by Ebi too....its all up from here on. Watch out United.

Reply #574198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is a liability in defence . and big man soft in offence in post. randle is the real deal. Petrie misses far to many easy shots.

Reply #574200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings might as well kept Knight playing, they bring in a massive unit and don't play him even after Brandt fouls out. More good management.

Reply #574201 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Credit where it's due. Ere was fantastic tonight. Picked up the slack that was DJ. He provided a lot of energy and took the game on tonight. Pretty much did everything that has been a criticism of his for not doing all year. More if this please.

But Jerome Randle was just on another planet tonight. Pretty much single handedly kept us within reach in the first half. Then continued it when his teammates went with him in the second. Quarters of 12, 8, 12 and 9. About as complete a game from one player offensively as you can get.
The thing that stood out to me happened at the half time break. The guys were warming up, some were over by the bench just chatting, Randle called everyone together in a tight huddle and preached for almost a minute. Then came out and scored our first 10 points or something of the half.
Special player. Absolutely has to win MVP.

We didn't play great, as a unit, but we did what we needed to do, on the back of 2 great performances.

Friday will be a big test. Defense needs to be a lot tighter.

Reply #574202 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Adelaide fans shouldnt have booed Childress, but every fan base has their moments of stupidity. Luckily Childress wasnt hurt. Great game, great finish. Ere was absolutely brilliant in the second half, he is a defensive liability BUT he finally made a shot and then couldnt stop and he was a game winner. Randle was brilliant to keep them in it until someone else stepped up.

Reply #574203 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Loving the new cube, lighting and sounds system too. We've entered the 21st century and it's great to see.

Had to laugh when the 'old' screens kept turning themselves off though.

Reply #574204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Down the stretch I thought Garlepp stank it up to many times and Connolley should have dragged him. he didn't and game over.

Reply #574205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you get the feeling Adelaide had one eye on Fridays game? I don't know, probably BS. But good to see both Ebi AND Creek step up late. Really liked the arena makeover too! Legit felt like I was sitting in a completely different stadium.

Reply #574207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, that timeout in the first half when Joey pulled the team out onto the court had to be one of the sprays of the season? Certainly during a timeout.

Reply #574208 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

Give Randle his extension now before other teams come calling in the offseason.

Reply #574209 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Randle is money and worth every cent! League MVP.

The NBL is in Randle Mall

Reply #574211 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

I Hope Management should be now locking a deal before finals,Gibson hasnt done much for Sixers lately because his mind is on new Brisbane team,i be getting Gibsons wage and sign Randle asap.IF we dont other clubs will take him for sure,

Reply #574212 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

If the NBA don't come knockin'!

Despite his size Randle has skills that are readily transferable to the big league.

Reply #574213 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

J Randle.
Can you start comparing him to the greatest ever imports the NBL has ever seen ???
Ricky Grace / Robert Rose / Jerome Randle.

Reply #574214 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He is essentially an MVP year level Ervin with range. Never seen a player like him.

Reply #574215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With range and more crafty when getting to the basket IMO. Ervin was more of a straight line driver that got the the basket with power and strength.

Reply #574216 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Ebi Ere played his best game tonight in a 36ers uniform.

Randle outstanding as always & simply on another level. Kept team in the game.

36ers must do everything Asap to lock in Randle. Easily worth 300k.

Let's back it up Friday now.

Reply #574218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great win and didn't recognise the stadium it looked so different.

Reply #574219 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Unbelievable performance from Randle. Other players in the NBL may have also scored over 40 points but very few would have done it shooting 76% from the field! Even though he hasn't even played a full season yet he has to be in the conversation for one of Adelaide's best imports ever.

Ere was impressive when we needed a score and drew a crucial charge on Childress. The refs seemed to let a lot of contact go for some reason this game - a departure from how they've been calling the majority of other games.

The 36'ers defence is still terrible and there's just too many times they fall asleep. Going to make life hard for them getting to the finals and winning any games if they get there if they keep playing defence like they have in the last 2 games.

DJ is just way too inconsistent also. One game he's on fire and goes for 20-30 points and the next he's terrible shooting 0-7. He needs to figure out how to get himself going every game.

Wish I could be there on Friday - instead I'll have to settle for watching Perth vs Illawarra Thurs night in Perth which should be a cracker but not quite the same as watching my Sixers.

Reply #574237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like Joey said to DJ if you could see yourself right now you'd be disappointed.

Reply #574248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$300K for Randle. So where did the Sixers get all this new money from?

Reply #574252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow what a performance by randle, single handedly kept us in it for most of the game and tried hard when others were playing flat, i love his fight.

How do people rank randles season to say a willie farley season, coincidentally a Chicago guy who wore #9 for the 36ers too.

Credit to ebi for having s good game, we wouldn't have won it without him, that was the sort of performance i was expecting regularly when we signed him, heres hoping he can build on that and have more games of a similar level.

Reply #574253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson's money. Sobey could pretty much reproduce what Gibbo gives us these days i.e. not much.

Reply #574261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Teys not seeing minutes. He can hit the 3 from the corner too and offers the defence we still lack. Works well with Creeky and Dj as well.

Reply #574263 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Despite his size Randle has skills that are readily transferable to the big league."

Offensively he's amazing, but watching the way NBL teams exploit him defensively I'd say that's why he's not in the NBA. That's good news for Adelaide if they can re-$ign him.

Court looked sensational last night, amazing how lightning cN make the whole show look more professional. Well done 36ers.

Reply #574276 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I don't know why so many on here want to bag players who have form slumps.
DJ wasn't good last night, but he's been beaten before and still comes back to be our leading scorer and rebounder. I think we'd all rather have him on our team than against us.
Gibbo has been the heart of this team and a great leader for a long time. Last year, for a long time, people on here were saying he couldn't play with and / or didn't get along with our import point guard at the time.
This year people are saying he isn't performing because he's thinking about Brisbane.
Surely we can expect professional sportsmen to be motivated to perform simply because they are competitive animals ( otherwise they wouldn't have got this far). Surely we understand guys like Gibbo are motivated and are working hard everyday. They want to win NOW! Then there is Olympic selection and the value of the next contract which maybe later considerations.
Yes these guys will have some amazing games and they will have some disappointing games. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and support them.
This Sixers team is still in the hunt for a Championship.

Reply #574279 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Paul, that is clearly his limiting factor. He lost his man in the first minute of the game last night on a simple pick and roll for an embarrassing score.

That said, in a Sixers team notorious for switching which should create a lot of mismatches, his defence has been able to be hidden away somewhat.

It was nice to see him get up and contest/block a shot during the game and be a little more active on that end. If he can focus on being more involved in defence, which Joey said after the game he has challenged him to do, he could hold down an NBA spot with ease. Joey's quote was "if you are quick at one end, you can be quick at both ends".

Dare I say it, I would select him before a Patty Mills type, who is no lock down style defender (although he has put work into that part of his game).

Reply #574291 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Players often perform differently in contract years. Motivation can be a big part of preparation, the extra effort on court, etc.

Reply #574293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ couldn't perform with the hands on him last night and no ref support so out of his control. Gibbo has steuggled as he really is the PG and now playing the role of a SG. I don't understand Joey doing this the last 3 years. No wonder Gibbo is out of form and inconsistent. Gibbo and the boys without the imports over the last few years when given opportunity through injury and rotations do get it together. It doesn't look as fancy but they get it done. Peach is my worry, he is missing his backdoor vision and I would prefer Walker on and Creek. Did you see his vertical height and timing. Made up for height on defence of Peach every time.

Reply #574297 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In most games the refs are letting a lot go this season so I don't know a bit of physicality is the only reason DJ struggled.

Reply #574306 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

DJ was setting a lot of screens and paving a way for Randle so did contribute. Yep he needs to work on other stuff but not all bad.

Reply #574323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754