Anonymous
Years ago

Jerome Randle 41pts Video

Highlight video of Randle's game vs Sydney

https://youtu.be/FGjckL2haMs

Topic #38858 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you make this? If so, its really well made!

Reply #574343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Made by Lennon Cooper.

36ers should sign him because this game tape would be a decent negotiating chip for Randle's agent with European clubs.

Reply #574412 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

If Randle can play in Europe as a local due to his dual-citizenship.
I can't see how he won't get offers from Euro teams worth a lot more then NBL deals.
Like 2 to 3 times as much money.
Seems bizarre he was even available this season??

Obviously he has defensive flaws and there are a lot of tall PG in good Euro leagues so may be he is too much of a liability for most coaches over there.

Reply #574420 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I don't think that he enjoyed his time over in Europe greatly. Still, a big offer could change all that I'm sure.

Reply #574425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could it be a case of 'culture over cash'? He seems to enjoy the environment here and this Adelaide staff lets him play his 'natural game'. Also being about to speak English as well helps for a guy who seems to like to interact with fans/media/peers.

Reply #574432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly what I thought Isaac that highlights reel so well done as it is could hurt the 36ers chances of re-signing him!

His family seem to be happy here too and heard they're going to enrol their kids in school here just in case so if that is true it's a very good sign.

Reply #574440 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I have no idea what the "local" rules are in Europe, but it appears Ukraine are able to naturalise players at the drop of hat. I gather he was naturalised so he could play for Ukraine in last year's Eurobasket tournament.

Like a lot of Fringe players, he's done a lot of short stints (no pun) for several teams. Since he apparently has a family, maybe they want some stability. If you ignore the travel, Australia's a good place to base your family whilst you travel to play during the rest of the year.

Again, no real idea, but wouldn't a prospective European team be more likely to look at his time in Turkey & Ukraine? Leading Ukraine to 22nd place probably wasn't a good audition.

Plus he probably enjoys playing for Joey. He can run wild on offence without being castigated for any defensive shortcomings (again on pun.)

Reply #574505 | Report this post

His community mindedness is an asset, and something we haven't seen in Adelaide for a long time. Seems like a genuinely nice guy who is loving playing here. Has had his own branded tshirts created, website up and run coaching clinics...all great marketing moves by the club/NBL which also endear the club to Randle.
Saw a social media post about some fans seeing him leave the stadium and he actually got out of the car for photos. That's a great attitude. And i see there's a public meet and greet with him today at Glenelg. I can't remember the last time there was a random public meet and greet like that. Probably not since the 90s.

Reply #574576 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Joey : " When they tell him they play basketball, he goes out and watches them play.
He's the best I've ever coached. We are trying to keep him , but we cain't do it on our own, we need corporate help for a guy that will be great for the brand."

Reply #574837 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Obviously he has defensive flaws and there are a lot of tall PG in good Euro leagues so may be he is too much of a liability for most coaches over there."

He's been very good in Turkey, which is a similar enough standard to here, and he could be a quality player in leagues like that, Italy, France, Germany, Israel, Adriatic etc, but those limitations you mention probably stop him going to a power club where the really good coin is.

That puts him within reach of a marquee offer here, but Adelaide need to find someone to help them offer marquee money.

Reply #574842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754