COACH ME
Years ago

Where are all the Coaches

Where are all the Coaches at the Southern at the moment they are 20 Coaches down, in what Div's I don't know to me that terrible? Do all clubs have the same problem or just southern?

Topic #3887 | Report this topic

40th Street Black  
Years ago

Getting quality coaches is one of the biggest problems for all clubs.

Unfortunately in junior grades parents who couldn't train a pig to get dirty are given the whiteboard and talented kids end up scratching their arses and bumping into things.

SASI should do a twice weekly coaching workshop to educate coaches.
I know that Neil doesn't mind if coaches pop along to watch SASi trainings but how about being pro-active and sending letters to invite them.

Reply #45396 | Report this post

Glenn S  
Years ago

Often Times the ABL trainings are open to coaches of the club, If coaches cant make it to SASI trainings they should ask their ABL coaches to tag along at the Div 1 trainings. I know that all my trainings have been open all year to any spectators from my club. Junior coaches need to ask when and where, I dont think that you can expect an ABL coach to approach you or to walk around inviting everyone and their brother out to training but I doubt very much that any of the coaches in our league would say no to that request.

Reply #45399 | Report this post

Scott Butler  
Years ago

There is also a long-standing open invitation from Sturt Div 1 and 2 coaches to view practices. Team concepts are generally Sundays at Unley / Pasadena and skill / strength and conditioning midweek at Concordia. Just contact any of us beforehand. I know Liam, Paul M and myself have all posted on this at some stage. I am sure the other coaches would be just as receptive.

Reply #45400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754