$talks
Years ago

Thursday Night Programming

I know BASA are cash strapped but can anyone provide a rationale explanation as to why Eastern and Southern teams are being regularly programmed at Port Adelaide on Thursday nights?

For a 22 game season we play 13 games at Port Adelaide and not a single game in our home stadium (at which I am told 2 courts are available on a Thursday night).

Topic #3888 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better still, there is a Sturt v Sturt game booked for Port Adelaide.

Reply #45384 | Report this post

$talks  
Years ago

at 6.15 to make it worse!!!

Reply #45387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The apparent inconsistent scheduling isn't restricted to Thursday nights.

Certainly on Friday nights there are teams with only 7 home games in the whole season and playing teams away twice at great venues like Morphett Vale and Adelaide Hills, while other teams enjoy as many as 18 home games.

Does anybody have any thought on how to change the scheduling spread (which divisions play on each night) so that a proper home and away round by round could be programmed??&&&&&&.or is that just expecting too much?????

Reply #45390 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

I remember back in my Norwood days when I was coaching an under 14 side, we were scheduled to play against our other Norwood team at 8.30am at Morphett Vale on a Saturday morning, that went down really well.

With so many competitions, preferential treatment goes to div 1 and 2 teams on friday nights and the rest are made to fit in where courts are available as far as I can figure.

As for Saturday and Thursday nights, not all venues have been made available for BASA to use and so games can not be scheduled there.

Reply #45414 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

I remember when i was a young junior on a friday night home game- if the under 14 girls were playing for example Norwood at home so were the boys, and the girls would play before the 16 boys age group, the boys before the 16 girls age group, therefore allowing both genders the show court. In short- if one div 1 team had a home game, so did the rest of the club. This was great for both social and supportive aspects. What ever happened to that?

Reply #45416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754