Pointybits
Years ago

2016/17 NBL Coaching Movements

.With the Breakers Vickerman announcing some 8 weeks or so again that he is off to greener pastures. The question is where is he off to? The Kings could be favourites, Melbourne needs to create an offence, or how about the Unliked coach at Perth?
Who will coach the Breakers? Hanari is the favourite with Bouch taking over as G M

Topic #38884 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Apart from Henare taking over in NZ and Lemanis in Brisbane, who but Sydney might change? Perth are top. Wright is contracted. Crocs did well considering. Fearne probably locked in. Hawks would be happy with Bevo. United have done OK.

Reply #574992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman a lock for the Kings job !!

Reply #574997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman looks out of his depth he muggy be a good assistant but I'm not sure he should be anything more.

Reply #574998 | Report this post

A good move for Gleeson would to learn how to turn that frown upside down.

Reply #575000 | Report this post

Pointybits  
Years ago

Lemanis legacy left the Breakers with a disciplined team, a strong work ethic, and a winning formula. Former team manager Chris Millbank set the off court discipline that always ensured a focus on success.
It certainly seems that much of these essentials have broken down under Vickerman.
The recent team implosion showed that all is not well at the Breakers.
Henare will hopefully bring a quality back to the Breakers and strengthen their bench for next season.

Reply #575007 | Report this post

Pointybits  
Years ago

Lemanis legacy left the Breakers with a disciplined team, a strong work ethic, and a winning formula. Former team manager Chris Millbank set the off court discipline that always ensured a focus on success.
It certainly seems that much of these essentials have broken down under Vickerman.
The recent team implosion showed that all is not well at the Breakers.
Henare will hopefully bring a quality back to the Breakers and strengthen their bench for next season.

Reply #575008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson in Perth isn't well liked but that seems to be his general story everywhere he goes

Reply #575011 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Would there be an opening to suit Marty Clarke ?

Reply #575014 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

I think Gleeson is a great coach on his way to another championship, hope he does not leave.

Reply #575017 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

I would rather Gleeson over Bevo any day, that's why we let Bevo go

Reply #575019 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Vickerman may be looking overseas ie: Europe, Asia etc

Reply #575022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For a holiday

Reply #575025 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Whats with all the double posts above?

I have no issue with Gleeson. He seems to get the best outta the team and has some plays for special occasions.

Now who wants to put money on whole will be coaching Sydney this time next year?

Reply #575030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless Gleeson is shoved out the door I cant see him leaving the best coach gig in the business.

Reply #575092 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I would rather Gleeson over Bevo any day, that's why we let Bevo go
That is a spectacular wrongness:words ratio you have there.

Reply #575095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would anyone want their coach gone to make way for Shawn Dennis? He's out of contract at the end of the season with the Crocs and I'm wondering if he will be in high demand I'm not sure if the Crocs want him back.

Reply #575128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis is out at TSV

Reply #575130 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Bevo was forced out by Nick Marvin because he didn't want to go down the 'one and done', highlight game plan (eg Ennis and Danials). He wanted to go with the constant build and bringing guys in that wanted to stick around (remember beal was Bevo's recruit).

Gleeson will need to win the championship to keep his job. If he doesn't, Neilson will step in, if he does Neilson will head to the Kings.

Reply #575235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Neilson go to the Kings, biggest club in the league to a poor organisation. Even if he got hang around Perth for a season or two, plus WA wife and loves the afl, can't see him in Sydney.

Reply #575237 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Gleeson coached against Beal, tried to get him to TSV.

Reply #575243 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Head coach vs Assistant, that's why

Reply #575251 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

(remember beal was Bevo's recruit).
Bevo was long gone by the time Beal was signed.

Reply #575292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do people think just because you played you will make a good coach? Nielsen has never coached but yet people think he should be head coach. Word has it that Shawn Dennis will be sought after by a few teams

Reply #575293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide have Joey
NZ have Henare
Illawarra have Bevo
Melbourne have Demopolous
Cairns have Fearne
Perth have nick Marvin so Dennis wont go there so it's only Sydney that COULD have an interest in Dennis other than the Crocs.

You're clearly dreaming if u think he is in demand

Reply #575295 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I like Dennis.
I'd like him to stay at the Crocs. If they can keep their roster together and bring in a stud import, to go with SAMHAN, I think they can be a very good team.

Reply #575300 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Adelaide have Joey
NZ have Henare
Illawarra have Bevo
Melbourne have Demopolous
Cairns have Fearne
Perth have nick Marvin so Dennis wont go there so it's only Sydney that COULD have an interest in Dennis other than the Crocs.

The Boomers job is going to open up again after this season, so Illawarra might find themselves in the market for a coach.

Demopoulos is absolutely rubbish. Chris Patton left off the scoresheet, Warrick instead of Majok listed as a starter, he keeps trying to sub between free-throws, he's used an entire timeout to set up a play only to have his players point out it wouldn't work, he's tried to foul players who weren't on the floor, he's tried to sub out players who weren't on the floor...

Is Fearne contracted for next season? He was on the verge of being moved on before last season, and this season hasn't exactly been a ringing endoresement.

Reply #575331 | Report this post

TimberBall, you basically just made up every single bit of your post about Bevo and Nick Marvin. Why?

Reply #575332 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Bevo wasn't pushed out by Marvin but by all reports there was quite a bit of friction there.

It'll be interesting to see what Gordie McLeod does next season. There's no way Fearne doesn't get the nod again at Cairns despite a disappointing season, is Gordie happy just to be an assistant again?

Reply #575333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Patton was left off the score sheet how did he get on the court?

Reply #575334 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He didn't, except for the couple of seconds before the score bench noticed.

It didn't happen last night, if that's what you're thinking.

Reply #575335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz - great point about the Boomers job. I'll give u that. Demopolous isn't great but Mike Kelly is sitting waiting to take over that job whenever it come up. I think Fearne is sitting pretty good up there.

Reply #575378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754