Isaac
Years ago

Taipans vs Kings, Jan 29

Sydney have more or less locked up the spoon, but do Cairns still have a mathematical chance? Taipans are 10-14 and 3 wins behind fourth-placed Adelaide.

On the road, surely Sydney with little to play for will be up against it tonight!

Tips?

Topic #38890 | Report this topic

King Podge  
Years ago

Hot tip:

I'll probably get a big mac on the way home. Hopefully it will be free...

Reply #575187 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Credit to Worthington. He is playing really well lately..his decision making and passing out of the post is super effective with this group. He is just taking time with the ball in his hands and being really patient.

Reply #575226 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Come on Podge, you know you can't claim the Big Mac till tomorrow.

Reply #575229 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

That "moving screen" on Garlepp - Literally 3 points wiped from the scoreboard there for absolutely no contact. Horrible call.

I do feel sorry for Childress sometimes. He tries to encourage the players to take the right shots but clearly frustrated with some of the junk that gets thrown up.

Reply #575234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another dissapointing loss, chill fantastic, Cadee improved a lot but still poor options at times. I don't think Thornton played the 2nd half. Garlepp good offensive defensive is slow at times. Brandt ok got be harder though. Faithful got lot time but I don't see it, trying hard but not convinced he's a defender. Hill was ok for his time on the rest not up to it, as Thornton is not.

Reply #575236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings season was over a few months ago but it hit an all time low when Connolly had the rookie Indiana Faithful in the game with 2 minutes left and had Garlepp who has been in great form recently on the bench!

The kings coaching staff clearly have no idea of what players should be on the court in the last couple minutes of the game that will give them a chance to win.

That did it for me.. Connolly, Jackomas and Knight should be SACKED!!

Reply #575239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Connolly should get some credit as at least the Kings keep competing, they just aren't good enough.

Reply #575240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #575240 Did you say give Joe Connolly get some credit? You are kidding...

*Credit is when the team he took over play defense
*Credit is when they stop making countless turnovers
*Credit is when you motivate your team to bring energy
every game
*Credit is when you enforce discipline in the team
*Credit is when you win more than 1 game
*Credit is when you have a game plan that works and your
team avoid being the wooden spooners
*Credit is when you get your import to play as a team

Need I say more....

Reply #575247 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Credit to Worthington. He is playing really well lately..his decision making and passing out of the post is super effective with this group. He is just taking time with the ball in his hands and being really patient."

I agree. He isn't having a good shooting year but he is doing a lot of other things very well.

Reply #575270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad Wortho was poor earlier on otherwise they may have made the playoffs.

Funny how he is being congratulated now when it is too late to make it.

Reply #575610 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

re: Wortho, agree his form early on wasn't up to his usual standard, but considering most of the team had done much better also the season previous, the blame can't really be laid at just his feet...

Reply #575709 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754