The long list of Capitals dramas includes:
- Australia's greatest basketballer Lauren Jackson being released from her contract after suffering another knee injury.
- Former Australian Opal Hanna Zavecz retiring.
- Belgian centre Ann Wauters withdrew from her contract for family reasons.
- Opals point guard Kathleen MacLeod withdrew after becoming pregnant.
- Two weeks ago one of their mid-season recruits was forced to watch from the stands because the terms of her release from the South East Queensland Stars meant she risked a fine if she played.
but wait !! - Theres more !!
- WNBL MVP and occasional opal, and one of the only local players to ever play a significant role in the Caps under Coach Graf, and who took a pay cut to stay at home and allow the caps to sign other players at higher cost, - was told her services were no longer required at the end of the last season, even for aa minimal fee, and so played in Europe instead.
- Retiring Coach Graf was forced to run training's herself for the first time in 6 years, due to the "graduation" of yet another assistant coach. A coach who, after having been recruited from interstate ( like the others) with the promise of a gradual planned transition upwards within the caps coaching roles, departed to the head coaching ranks in another club.