Train
Years ago

Hawks Vs United, Feb 4

Another massive game tonight and possibly a semi/grand final preview. Does anyone know if Penney is suiting up?

Topic #38928 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Huge game.

Anything could happen. United will win.

Reply #576167 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Penney won't play.

Reply #576168 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Penney out!

Reply #576170 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Is it me or is the lighting making the court look awful..

Reply #576171 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, court looks awful.

Having said that, so does Holt shooting 3 times in 5 seconds.

Reply #576173 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"great defense by Ellis" as he clearly fouls Warrick and it's not called.

Reply #576174 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Refs are woeful.

Mind boggling calls

Reply #576184 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

LOL!! Wow, what a blown layup by Martin.

Reply #576185 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That definitely didn't live up to the billing.

Reply #576186 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The refs looked out of their depth. I made my money on United @$2.67, but jesus those refs are an embarrassment.

Reply #576187 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I heard during the broadcast that their were FIBA officials scouting the refs for the RIO olympics. I would kill to see what their reports say.

Reply #576206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha^^^ as if

Reply #576210 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Brad Giersch strikes again. His involvement in the decking of Hill was completely unnecessary. He took that big USF and deleted it with a small body bump.

Reply #576211 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I'm not convinced that was an USF anyway.

I don't think the contact was that excessive, it just looked worse because Hill and the defender met coming from opposite directions (a head on car crash of sorts).

Best thing would have being Hill shooting two FT's. No need to adjudicate on the "handbags" brawl (can't believe that made the Fox Sports FB page as "BASKETBRAWL").

By the same token though, there is no need for Kickert and Goulding to come running in as though Hill has just being murdered when all he copped was a good foul.

Reply #576212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If thats not a USF on Davidson you will never call one. Hard contact, no play on the ball and smashed him. Its not rugby. Davidson is lucky he didnt get a second for shoving Kickett and escalating it again

Reply #576214 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I like Larry Davidson, but that looked bad because it was. He didnt even attempt to jump, just tried to lock him up vis his head, bad ugly baskteball. USF in any league.

Reply #576220 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, it was an USF on Davidson. At first I thought it was just a foul on Forman and didn't see what Larry did.

Couple of made threes by the Hawks would've helped in that game. Really missed.

Wished I'd checked the odds - I would've been happy with $1.90!

Reply #576241 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The only real difference in the game was three-point shooting, the Hawks just missed too many good looks. Penney expected back on Saturday should help just a little.

Reply #576242 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

The Hawks really stank up the Sandpit last night.. very disappointing for a Cats fan, lol

Reply #576257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754